BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
dsmdsm

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Help needed Nuked BB8820 not responding to JL CMDER, javaloader, loader.exe /nojvm,

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone,
Nuked a BB8820 (AT&T - beyond warranty date) - Windows XP crashed while installing OS4.5

I was in the process of migrating from my "8800 with broken USB connector" to my wife's old 8820 - she has moved to BBSTORM. I thought I should upgrade the OS4.2 to OS4.5 on 8820 before switching AT&T service to 8820 PIN and install my applications on it - Windows XP crash nuked it.

Current state - 2 red flashes, 2 sec pause; screen dark always

Tried JL CMDER 1.9.1, javaloader.exe - cannot connect to BB, even with "pull out battery" trick

Tried loader.exe /nojvm - Finishes "Load JVM and system software" - I noticed that as soon as Apploader starts operation there are no red flashes and screen remains dark ; freezes on "Wait for device initialization" - no visible activity on BB even if left at this step for 24 hours - no red flashes, screen - dark.

Have tried all the above steps with DM4.7, OS 4.5, "with and without battery" and "with and without SIM card";

Currently trying with fresh install of DM4.6 and OS4.2 with battery/no SIM card - BB8820 is frozen at "Wait for device initialization" with the same symptoms (or lack thereof). I will be trying this again with the SIM card.

Would the "device initialization" step require the BB service to have already been switched to the BB8820 PIN (before it got nuked) ?

If required for initialization, can I still switch service using DM to the device (8820) PIN even though it is nuked and try initialization again ?

If I do switch service to 8820 PIN and cannot resurrect 8820, can I switch back to my old 8800 PIN (I do not have USB connectivity but I connect to DM over Bluetooth) ?

If I can not resurrect BB8820, I would like to make sure that I still can use my old 8800 until I can buy a new BB8820 and install my apps on it.

Help much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

DSM
Closed Thread