Old 12-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Exclamation Duplicate Calendar Entries on Device

Please Login to Remove!

I hope someone can help me here.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how I am getting duplicate calendar entries on my Storm via Desktop Manager when I have only one in my Outlook. If I delete one of the duplicates in the Storm it wants to delete the entry in my Outlook, leaving me with one on the storm and NONE in my Outlook.

Has anyone run into this problem? Any advice on how to fix this??
Old 12-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
Baggarly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: Worms

I know if your on a BES you can open the calendar, go to options, and type rset, and that will reload your calendar. But does not sound like you are on a BES.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

No, synching through the desktop manager and not getting very good results. For whatever reason it decides it wants to add duplicate entries to the device where I can see a change has been made to the original entry in Outlook.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
GT5L
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: askme
Carrier: AT&T

while the storm is connect to the computer, and if you are not on BES, on the desktop manager go to backup and restore-advanced and on the right hand side select calendar and calendar all and clear those two. The go into sync, and go into the setting and set it up where outlook overwrites device and sync. Then go back into the sync setting on the desktop manager and select two way sync.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 AM   #5
Donbp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

It's not duplicate entries, it is duplicate calendars that is causing that. If you look to the left of the entries you will notice that each entry has a different color box. That is because you are getting both the device default calendar and your normal calendar. They just happen to be the same because that is the way the bb syncs.

You can manually set the calendar to show just the desktop calendar which is the one you want but unfortunately it doesn't stay the default once you have exited it. The easiest way is to just delete all of the entries for the device default calendar. Those entries seem to be only created when you first activate your corporate email account. After that they are no longer duplicated.

At least this has been my experience.

Last edited by Donbp; 12-04-2008 at 05:28 AM..
Old 12-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #6
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

GT5L / Donbp -

Thanks to you both, it seems to have worked. I'll update the thread as to if it keeps working, I'm hoping what Donbp said is true about the device default calendar entries only being created with the first activation.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
winger13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbp View Post
It's not duplicate entries, it is duplicate calendars that is causing that. If you look to the left of the entries you will notice that each entry has a different color box. That is because you are getting both the device default calendar and your normal calendar. They just happen to be the same because that is the way the bb syncs.

You can manually set the calendar to show just the desktop calendar which is the one you want but unfortunately it doesn't stay the default once you have exited it. The easiest way is to just delete all of the entries for the device default calendar. Those entries seem to be only created when you first activate your corporate email account. After that they are no longer duplicated.

At least this has been my experience.
First, how do I delete the "device default calendar" ?

Here are my observations -anyone, please comment:

I just got the BB curve, new OS (one with MMS/Pic Mail), and upgraded BB DM to 4.7. after after five sync, duplicates started occurring. I then noticed when I read the device's DB's using BB DM's Advanced option, that I had 265 entries under "Calendar" and 532 (265 multiply by 2, + 2) entries for Calendar-All. On the device, when I open Calendar and choose 'Select Calendar", then one by one select each of my five email accts registered with the device, I notice the calendar entries reside in the Yahoo.com email Calendar and the 'Default" email.

Using DM, I wiped out Calendar and Calendar-All
then resync'd.

Now, when I open the device's Calendar and choose 'Select Calendar", all entries only reside in the Yahoo.com email Calendar. The 'Default" is actually missing. I do not understand.

BTW:
1) I am only syncing with my Desktop, no corp enterprise, no yahoo.com, etc.
2) I have a BB Curve 8330

Last edited by winger13; 03-09-2009 at 03:50 PM..
Old 04-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #8
eykhong
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21C27C4C
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggarly View Post
I know if your on a BES you can open the calendar, go to options, and type rset, and that will reload your calendar. But does not sound like you are on a BES.
can the same be done for your contacts?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #9
bankr

Model: Storm
Default Storm - duplicate calendar entries

I'm new to this forum and also new to the BlackBerry. Tried using Desktop Manager to wipe out one of the calendars as I have duplicate entries and can't seem to get this process completed. Yes, I have the two calendars listed (Desktop and Device Default) and I can't delete one of them.

Could someone give me some detailed instructions on how to wipe out the calendar and resync?

Thanks so much.....
Old 06-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #10
Jsim

Model: 8330
Default Device Default calendar/duplicate calendar

What finally worked for me was to make sure I had all of my appointments on outlook on my desktop computer. Then I went into the desktop manager, under the backup/restore tab, then under advanced options. I highlighted both of the calendar items on the right hand side, moved them to the left and deleted them both. Then I went to the sync option and set up a one way sync from outlook to the device. Bingo, all of my appointments were now there under my one email address calendar and the device default calendar is gone. Then I went back into desktop manager and changed it back to a two way sync between outlook and the device. I double checked when I synced it again, and all looks good. Only one calendar under my email, not device default calendar, and only one set of appointments on my device and my outlook. Wierd bug in their system that they really should fix! So glad I finally found a solution here.
Closed Thread