Old 12-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #101
western_rider's_dad
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzuluberries View Post
I have found that events created in the BB and on the web in my Goggle calendar sync just fine. However, existing items DO NOT SYNC. It only syncs new items, or items created AFTER installation.

Yes, this is my experience. And specifically, only new items that have been entered in my BB calendar manually. Any new items that I created in Outlook, then synched to my BB via DM will not synch to my Google calendar. even though they do, of course, appear in my BB calendar.

I've tried the step of clearing my calendar entries on my BB via DM, then re-synching with DM that then adds all future events back to my BB. However, attemting to synch again via Google Synch still results in an empty Google calendar.

Kind of frustrating...
Old 12-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #102
iceman027
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

works for me
Old 12-22-2007, 08:21 PM   #103
bones4u
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

The timing of my appointments are getting very screwy. full-day appointments are becoming 12am-12pm, and other appoints occurring at 11pm are showing up at 3am?

Both google calendar and my BB are set to Central Time Zone. I wonder what else is going on? any help is appreciated!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:05 AM   #104
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalls View Post
Anyone notice that the time on the events are completely wrong, or is it just me?
I recently traveled to Japan and changed the time zone on my bb. I use it for contacts and calendar when I am over there. Now my recurring events have all been shifted by the 17 hour time difference. Look out for Outlook Sync. It's obviously still buggy. Considering it can screw up your entire Calendar, I'd wait until this software is more solid.
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 12-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #105
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

i've been using Google Sync since day 1 and have been very happy with it... i just noticed a bug though.... i seem to remember seeing a similar issue with GCalSync (or whatever the other sync software was called), but don't think i've seen anyone mention anything like this about the official Google Sync software.

calendar entries entered on either my device or on the web seem to sync just fine... however, if i enter a birthday or anniversary for one of my contacts on my device, it adds it to my google calendar as an 8pm event the day *before* the actual event.... has anyone else noticed this?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #106
tarran

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Has anyone else had a problem with creating all day events on the bb syncing correctly? I created some new all day events on the bb and when I did a sync suddenly they went from 7pm the day of the event to 7pm the next day. When I deleted them on gcal and created the event there it synced fine although I can't edit the events. It keeps saying "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed"
Old 01-03-2008, 01:14 AM   #107
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

i dont have any problems with gsync and all day events. im not sure how to help you on this. are you using GCalSync or google sync?
Old 01-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #108
tarran

Google Sync... it seems to work fine going from gcal to bb but bb to gcal gets all messed up.

And am I the only one that has gotten the "message deleted" messages for synced items? I mean if they're on my calendar I'm not worried as they're available but it is weird that I can't look at them on my bb.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #109
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

what do you have set under options? does the device or the server win conflicts?
Old 01-04-2008, 12:19 AM   #110
tarran

All of the options are set exactly as listed on the gmail page for imap settings, port, ssl, etc. And just to see if I was just being too impatient I tried some tests, reading an email on gmail, letting it sit for ~20 mins and seeing if it showed as read on the bb and then I tried the reverse and it never synced the two. But I have this in another thread since it's google imap and not google sync.

With google sync everything has been working great except for that weird issue with all day events made on the bb showing up wrong on gcal. Before I try has anyone tested setting a reminder on gcal and seeing if the reminder pops up on the bb after the sync?
Old 01-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #111
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Yes, there is a known bug with creating new recurring all day events on the BB and then syncing them to your google calendar with google sync. Instead of all day events, they are created as 12 hour events beginning at a time based on your time zone setting. Hopefully they will get that fixed soon.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #112
tarran

Excellent... glad to know it's not just me. But has anyone else run into the multiple copies of an event? For some reason there's now 4 of all of the events in my bb cal no matter if it was a timed appointment or all day
Old 01-07-2008, 02:30 AM   #113
MyPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaon View Post
I might be having the same problem.
Events that existed in BB before installing GoogleSync do not go to Google.
Events created in BB after installing GoogleSync do go to Google.

I tried to edit the pre-existing events to see if I can get them to get synced to Google, but no effect.

I would add 3 and 4 below.

1) Events that existed in BB before installing GoogleSync do not go to Google.
2) Events created in BB after installing GoogleSync do go to Google.
3) Events synced into the BB from outlook do not go to Google
4) Problems with all day events such as birthdays
Old 01-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #114
obadz

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarran View Post
Excellent... glad to know it's not just me. But has anyone else run into the multiple copies of an event? For some reason there's now 4 of all of the events in my bb cal no matter if it was a timed appointment or all day
I've got the same problem. I did not create any appts on the blackberry. Just in GCal. And then syncing a few times created multiple copies of appointments on the BB (not limited to day long appts)
Old 01-24-2008, 07:37 AM   #115
Darth Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsimpson View Post
Dawg- I can't either...wonder if it is a Verizon thing...

-simpson
I have the Verizon BB 8830--Google sync for calendar works flawlessly..Waiting for the contacts synce..
Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #116
PabloTX

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Just wanted to revisit this thread. I've been using Google Sync since it first came out, and this, along with Gmail's push, effectively give me and my wife the two biggest benefits of BES (push email and wireless syncing, though contact and task syncing would be nice too. Hear me google?).

One of the big reasons why I can't seriously consider an iPhone.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:40 PM   #117
MyPearl

Model: 9700

+1...
Old 06-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #118
WealthyBoris

Carrier: o2 Ireland

Hi All

Can someone help with this please, I am using 8100 with Gcal and Google Sync...

If I create a PRIVATE Calendar Entry on my Blackberry, after syncing it shows up as in Gcal PRIVACY: DEFAULT instead of PRIVATE.

Any idea's?

Thanks
Boris
Old 06-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #119
jorgeledesmadds
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2440be7c
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
I think the paradigm of Google Sync is wrong at the moment (though it prob works as intended). It seems to assume that you have your BB and Google calendars and that's all. And whilst syncing, the Google calendar is basically your primary calendar. So disconnect your BB and it's "out of the loop" as far as Google is concerned, and needs to 'tidied up'. Also makes it easier to 'start again' when you re-establish syncing or the syncing messes up. The Google calendar is your 'master' calendar after all...

BB users actually rarely use this paradigm, sadly for this application as it stands. If anything the BB should be the 'primary' calendar, and there should be a forcable one-way sync *to* the Google calendar when things mess up.
I agree 100%

Jorge Ledesma
www.blackberrygtd.com & www.berryreview.com
Old 06-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #120
jorgeledesmadds
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2440be7c
Carrier: Tmobile

Has anybody had success in OS 4.5 google sync still says 4.2, I love this app but had to stop using cuz it kept messing up my Primary BB calendar. I really hope its gets fixed again soon

Jorge Ledesma
www.blackberrygtd.com & www.berryreview.com
Closed Thread