Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #101
drgarth27
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

If you are using non blackberry data with Rogers in Canada you can use the Rogers WAP browser that comes on your BB to download Gmail 1.5 over the air. I have no idea if this will work with any other carrier, however I just completed the task with Rogers.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:39 PM   #102
JeffMerr

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by krash106 View Post
Hi I just got my first blackberry (8700g) and here in finland we an get blackberry plans so im very interested in using the gmail program on my blackberry. Is there any easier way to get it onto the device as im not so good with computers and just cant understand your instructions.

thanks for any advice!!
Same here, I keep reading this thread over and over but it really makes no sense to me, I don't understand all the instructions, I really want to set up Gmail on my phone though, can anyone help simplify for me? thanks.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #103
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Why not just do the OTA download? Go to m.google.com on your berry's browser and download the Gmail application. Why does everyone want to avoid the OTA? Since the application uses data, why would you install it without a data plan in the first place? Now I am confused...
Old 07-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #104
JeffMerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
Why not just do the OTA download? Go to m.google.com on your berry's browser and download the Gmail application. Why does everyone want to avoid the OTA? Since the application uses data, why would you install it without a data plan in the first place? Now I am confused...
We have Data, we don't have the BB plan. Therefor once you get Gmail on your BB you can use the data plan to access via HTML I believe. But I can't figure out how to get it, all this jar jab and file things are confusing.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #105
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Well, since you asked...

Blackberry OTA downloader | download free OTA themes to your desktop

I have never used this service (it appears to be new), but check it out... it just might be what you are looking for...

but be advised... data is data... the only other option would be SMS and you (obviously) can't get GMAIL via SMS...

Last edited by fonejunkie; 07-17-2008 at 06:54 PM..
Old 08-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #106
bergamo

Someone else on this thread asked earlier, but I never saw a reply...

I've downloaded the .jad and .cod files and created my own .alx file. It installed via DM without problems and is working just fine. However, every time I go to Application Manager it insists that GMail needs to be updated (and, in fact, will recopy the .cod files to my device if I proceed). Does anyone have any idea why that is? It isn't harmful, just annoying...
Old 08-02-2008, 07:40 AM   #107
makedonce
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AE6BA3
Carrier: T-mobile MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergamo View Post
Someone else on this thread asked earlier, but I never saw a reply...

I've downloaded the .jad and .cod files and created my own .alx file. It installed via DM without problems and is working just fine. However, every time I go to Application Manager it insists that GMail needs to be updated (and, in fact, will recopy the .cod files to my device if I proceed). Does anyone have any idea why that is? It isn't harmful, just annoying...
Delete the jar, jad and the alx file from your PC. That should solve the problem
BB Support rule #1: When in doubt, pull it out..... (the battery)

http://www.twitter.com/petarnikoloski
Old 08-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #108
NinjaRAT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: noyb
Carrier: VZN

I was hoping to search for a confirmation here, but found this link instead. So far, it looks like no one has come up with a solution to the "Network Unavailable, Blackberry reconfiguration is required, etc...", error and not recognizing your password.

Recently, I changed web GMail to always use HTTPS. First time I installed the java app and opened it, I got prompted with a message about allowing HTTPS connections to this site (google.com or something). Figured I was safe by entering Always Allow.

However, that's not the issue. Apparently, Gmail app doesn't like HTTPS? Updating my web settings to not require HTTPS, seem to have eliminated the problem, and I'm a happy camper with the app. Maybe I'm not exactly hitting the nail on the head, but I'm not a web expert. Anyone able to confirm that this is in fact the issue and possibly why?

EDIT: I re-enabled HTTPS on Gmail's site and the problem started again on my handheld. It seems their java app is incompatible with this setting?

Lastly, I went into the Gmail app's setting and enabled "Always use secure network connections (slower performance), and so far no issue. Might not be related, I plan on playing with it, and re-enabling HTTPS on the web side.

Last edited by NinjaRAT; 08-11-2008 at 07:39 AM..
Old 08-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #109
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Do you need to have a data plan in order to use the Gmail App? I only have wifi on a 8320.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:45 AM   #110
makedonce
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AE6BA3
Carrier: T-mobile MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimix View Post
Do you need to have a data plan in order to use the Gmail App? I only have wifi on a 8320.
you don't neeed BIS or BES, but you DO need a generic data plan. Gmail app will not work with Wi-Fi only.
BB Support rule #1: When in doubt, pull it out..... (the battery)

http://www.twitter.com/petarnikoloski
Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #111
bazthemail

Model: pearl
Carrier: verizon

Hi,

I am using RIM JDE 4.2.1. How can i generate .alx file in Windows command line? What is the exact command to do it?

Thank you. B.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 AM   #112
aljami

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Need help with 8700g, T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepBB View Post
You've got a private message.
I am a student and I can't afford to pay big buck, so I got the $5.99. I'm not very good with this programing, please someone help me how I can get it my BB to work. How can I get the gmail working.

Thank you guys so much.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #113
ywallet

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile
Default No go still ..

I was able to download gmail app using the .alx file but it keeps telling me "Please be patient while gmail loads for the first time .." although it has been over an hour. I am on 5.99 tzones plan from tmobile in US.

Any help appreciated
Old 07-02-2009, 04:26 AM   #114
nimamalek

Model: 9000
Carrier: irancell
Default latest gmail app wanted

hello friends, how are you?i have unlocked bb bold 9000 without data plan, becaus i live in IRAN and bis is not supported here.
another thing is when i want to download the gmail app from the m.google.com , the google site lock the page for me becaus i live in IRAN! i think it has political reasons.
i want to one of you do me a faver an give me the link of latest version that i abale to download this app.
i love my bb and you guys
thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english ;)
Old 07-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #115
nimamalek

Model: 9000
Carrier: irancell

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
hello friends, how are you?i have unlocked bb bold 9000 without data plan, becaus i live in IRAN and bis is not supported here.
another thing is when i want to download the gmail app from the m.google.com , the google site lock the page for me becaus i live in IRAN! i think it has political reasons.
i want to one of you do me a faver an give me the link of latest version that i abale to download this app.
i love my bb and you guys
thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english ;)
any help here?
Closed Thread