djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonnerd View Post
Agreed...it will be interesting to see which Task fields get sync'd between the two. I use Outlook tasks to assign work to various Engineers which they in turn update (Start/End dates, comments, % complete mostly) prior to the status meeting. Makes it very easy to track status and is much easier then setting up an MS Project server. If Rex can maintain those fields I'd be ecstatic.
In my mind you have identified the beauty of TMX -- it nicely plugs a hole between medium-complexity task management and complex (Project) task management. I suspect that MS wants us to use Project [$$], but for most of my work it just doesn't make sense!

If this requires a separate plug-in with its own db to integrate TMX onto the desktop then cool -- it would become like DataVault in some respects. And I do suspect that they could sell just the desktop version to some users and make some $$. I'd even give up the wireless sync if necessary and do USB sync, but I would prefer to stay wireless.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #182
hinky
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Verizon Sucks

LOL. I don't think NextAction compares in any way with ToDo or Idea Matrix. One doesn't even have to read - it's a slightly better alternative (to some) than using the built in "ToDo" list which is quite limited although adequate for some. It does not provide any desktop entry client or tool either.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:31 PM   #183
slinky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

Here's one more good idea guys at REX - my trial period just expired. It would have been a good idea to have an alert telling you that your trial is expiring in a day! After all, nobody wants to be locked out of their trial at a very inconvenient time and it IS a To Do program! :D
Old 06-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #184
jorgeledesmadds
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2440be7c
Carrier: Tmobile

I'm just looking forward to the Outlook connector, guys RW is a solid company,its by far the best Task Management application on the BB platform, I don't understand why some complain and bickers but again everybody is entitled to their opinion but in my book their #1 keep up the good work RW guys

Jorge Ledesma
www.blackberrygtd.com & www.berryreview.com
Old 06-21-2008, 06:44 AM   #185
squeff
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Cushion
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Here's one more good idea guys at REX - my trial period just expired. It would have been a good idea to have an alert telling you that your trial is expiring in a day! After all, nobody wants to be locked out of their trial at a very inconvenient time and it IS a To Do program! :D
I suppose one could just manually create a task within TDM that's due at expiration, with an alert before to remind the user to either pay for the software or to copy out (using the built-in e-mail functionality) everything before uninstalling.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #186
hinky
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeff View Post
I suppose one could just manually create a task within TDM that's due at expiration, with an alert before to remind the user to either pay for the software or to copy out (using the built-in e-mail functionality) everything before uninstalling.
This is not something a user would be thinking about doing, especially when trying to learn how the darn thing works. ;)
Old 06-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #187
squeff

PIN: Cushion
Carrier: Sprint

In case anyone is curious about the "tasks sync" release, Rex posted on their forums that the next release is bouncing between the development team and the QA team. The tone of the message suggests that the quality isn't there, yet, so that they didn't want to release too quickly (a good idea IMHO) and they didn't want to give a date when they thought it'd be finished.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #188
chillspace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800R
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

It's still a few weeks off, unfortunately.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:37 AM   #189
bostonnerd

Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillspace View Post
It's still a few weeks off, unfortunately.
I'd rather have a solid, stable release when the integrity of my data is potentially at risk. Coding sync logic is not for the faint of heart, especially with the underwhelming Rim SDK.

With that said though, I hope it's sooner then later !

Last edited by bostonnerd; 06-26-2008 at 05:57 AM..
Old 06-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #190
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonnerd View Post
I'd rather have a solid, stable release when the integrity of my data is potentially at risk. Coding sync logic is not for the faint of heart, especially with the underwhelming Rim SDK.

With that said though, I hope it's sooner then later !
I share your opinion regarding speed vs. stability. Give me a solid app. every time.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #191
jorgeledesmadds
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2440be7c
Carrier: Tmobile

RexWireless is a very solid company and when the Outlook converter comes out, I'm sure it will be solid as a rock, give them time, I estimated within 60 days

Jorge Ledesma
www.blackberrygtd.com & www.berryreview.com
Old 08-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #192
Soxfan04
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Any updates on when Outlook integration will be available?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #193
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO
Default Status Update: ToDoMatrix TAS Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxfan04 View Post
Any updates on when Outlook integration will be available?

REXwireless clearly missed the mark on time estimates for the release of the ToDoMatrix TAS version. Just in case the terminology doesn't ring a bell, TAS stands for Task Applet Sync. This is the version that synchronizes with the native BlackBerry tasks applet, which in turn uses existing BlackBerry data conduits to sync with PC programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, and Groupwise. Other third parties also interface to the BlackBerry tasks applet such as PocketMac and Missing Sync for the Mac, and onboard applications that strive to offer a "today" view. We had thought TAS would be out early this summer but it is more than four months late.

While we won't belabor the dozens of reasons TAS is tardy, it will suffice to say that we struggled unexpectedly on a number of fronts. Noteworthy surprises included issues with BlackBerry OS 4.3 and 4.5, changes to support high-resolution devices like the BlackBerry Bold, a complete rewrite of our database upgrade logic to make the upgrade painless, and significant improvements to the REXwireless database engine to better accommodate the stresses of staying in sync. We can say with certainty that Murphy's Law is alive and well in 2008.

We are releasing our private / smaller scale Beta release of ToDoMatrix TAS next week to about 100 users. Depending on how that goes, we hope that we can offer a public Release Candidate version of ToDoMatrix TAS before the end of the month. A word of caution - Beta and Release Candidates are not the final release of a software application and pose greater than average risks. If you are not willing to accept those risks, please wait until the full release of TAS.

The ToDoMatrix TAS release includes some significant changes that many customers have been hoping for. While there are over thirty enhancements, the top ten highlights include:
  1. Onboard task applet synchronization with the BlackBerry tasks applet (TAS) which facilitates synchronization with Microsoft Outlook (tasks), Lotus Notes, Novell Groupwise, PocketMac and so forth.
  2. Multi-language support for English, French, German, and Spanish languages
  3. Multi-language REXdesktop
  4. Cross-injection between ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix
  5. Large task record support without the current 512 character limit
  6. HTML email injection support for 4.5 OS
  7. REXconnect BlackBerry application integration support and menu awareness
  8. Filtering enhancements to include "OR" filter logic, and filter subgroup support
  9. The ability to dynamically add folders from injection dialogs
  10. Hot keys on the ToDoMatrix alert dialog
One area that we have been asked about is how ToDoMatrix TAS will work with Outlook, and in particular categories in Outlook. The core of the issue is that Outlook supports multiple categories per item, while ToDoMatrix is a one folder per item system, with four additional dimensions that are user definable for alternate grouping. After a lot of conversations with various customers, we found that there simply was no solution that came close to accommodating the majority of people. People use Outlook in many different ways. Categories and folders are really apples and oranges and they don't mix well. In the end, this first version of TAS is adding ToDoMatrix specific information as user readable / user editable tags at the end of the Outlook task notes and there is no link between categories and folders. We will let it run as is for some number of months, monitor and discuss with a focus group of users, and then decide if version two of TAS needs adjustments on this Outlook-category front.

Note that REXwireless does not have testing environments for Lotus Notes and Groupwise. We are keenly interested in how well the TAS version will work in these environments and plan to fine tune our features for these environments, as needed, in TAS version two.

TAS Beta:

If you are interested in participating in the Beta, please including the following in an email to our support center:
  1. Number of years and months as an "active" ToDoMatrix user?
  2. Which desktop application do you sync with?
  3. Do you sync via USB wire or wirelessly?
  4. Your experience level with beta software testing
  5. Your preferred user language (English, French, German, Spanish)
  6. A copy paste of your BlackBerry Options / About screen

Regards,

--the REXguys--

ToDoMatrix Professional for BlackBerry
Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #194
jnyost

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

I am a Lotus Notes user and am willing to test for you.

Jared
Old 10-02-2008, 10:26 AM   #195
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinky View Post
No doubt it's a far better application than PocketDay. To be perfectly frank, Pocket Lists was a mistake and an application that is half done, half thought out and with a number of bugs. I've seen worse but it's amazing that there are very few developers for the BB that really provide a great, comprehensive product. The Rex stuff is missing some polish (can't change fonts and appearance, just doesn't look right) and feels a lot like a "programmer's" application. That said, it's still way more functional.

I'll probably get it but I MUST get local PC/USB based backups too. The missing desktop application is horrible. I wish I could just open my desktop and launch Outlook and the desktop tool to get all my appointments and ToDos.
I disagree. I think P Lists is better. It can be viewed within Pocket Day and has nice look. To each his own.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #196
kiteboarder

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

For what its worth, my customer service experience with REX has been nothing short of fantastic. I contacted them three times and each time, they responded quicker and more meaningfully than expected. I now own AlertMatrix but am thinking about trying ToDoMatrix now.
Closed Thread