BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 08-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #301
triprince
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: rogers
Default Rogers doesn't require APN settings anymore?

Please Login to Remove!

I just realized that my 3rd party web browser (Minuet) works with the Rogers network *without* setting up the APN settings. The settings in the TCP menu are blank. I may have wiped them by accident without knowing it. Anyway, it used to need those settings but now it doesn't. Has something changed at Rogers?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 AM   #302
Halford
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile

Often I needed forward email conversations to my PC email address. I can easily forward the sender's emails but I cannot forward my emails to my other email account. I had to resend all those that couldn't get thru to my other account I am tired of resending all my emails. Any idea why it is like that?

Hal
Old 08-21-2006, 09:04 AM   #303
Halford
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE2MANY
I am new to this BB thing and I need help I have the service with T-mobile and they cant seem to help me. Now I bought this BB 723O from a friend and the image was wipe cause he used for a corporate acct. I have email and SMS and all that gooding stuff .but i dont have a internet brower and tmobile cant do nothing for me . I dont have and IT policy seems the seller can get for me due to Company Policies. can some one help me thanks
Many TMobile customer reps are not very knowledgeable in BB area. They should have referred you to the BB tech. They do a good job helping to bail me out of BB problems.

It looks like you may need to do this:
click on OPTIONS
click on HOST ROUTING TABLE
Scroll down until you see highlighted phone number
Click on the highlighted ph nbr
Click on REGISTER NOW
close options

Your browser icon might show up on your screen.

Hal
Old 08-25-2006, 06:19 AM   #304
doublecross

Model: 7100

Hi,

I wonder if someone more knowledgeable than I can help me.

I won a BB 7100 in a competition and it is signed up with T-Mobile UK. At the moment I can only use it as a mobile phone. I am trying to work out how to get a browser working on it, but I have no browser icon - in fact I don't have icons, I have text menus. I have tried putting in the APN for T-Mobile UK suggested at the top of this thread, but when I switch the BB on again, the field is blank again.

Any suggestions?

TIA
Old 08-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #305
woodi68
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 3049E01C
Carrier: Verizon
Default Laptop connection through BlackBerry 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolipineda
Anybody tried using your BB device as an internet gateway for your laptop? PC or Mac? I have tested using Nokia N70 as a internet gateway/modem and gives me a bandwidth of up to 400Kbps via GPRS or EDGE (way better than dial-up). I was wondering if anybody tried it using BB and if this is possible.

Thank you in advance.
I JUST found out how to do this! Try this link!

Since I'm not allowed to post a link do a search for this term "BlackBerry As Modem For Laptop"
Old 08-31-2006, 06:08 PM   #306
cadetstimpy

Model: 7280

Hey i have a 7280 and im in alaska on cellular ones network (dobson) and this is not working for me, i dont have BES and i changed the apn to cellular1wap and restarted and there is still no browser and it says "data connection refused" is there something else i need to be doing? i have v4.0...
Old 09-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #307
Destrin

Model: 8707v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
On the BlackBerry handheld, go to Options -> TCP
Newbite BB user here...I CANNOT find this setting anywhere. I've tried under settings, advanced options, browser options, network etc.

I'm on a corporate provided BB, 8707v on the Vodafone network. The about screen says the following:

v4.10.316 (Platform 3.0.0.41)

Any ideas where I can find this TCP option!?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:33 AM   #308
Stern
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrin
Newbite BB user here...I CANNOT find this setting anywhere. I've tried under settings, advanced options, browser options, network etc.

I'm on a corporate provided BB, 8707v on the Vodafone network. The about screen says the following:

v4.10.316 (Platform 3.0.0.41)

Any ideas where I can find this TCP option!?

The TCP option is to allow third party developers to define another APN to use in conjunction with the BlackBerry services over the blackberry.net APN.

However, within UMTS networks, only one primary PDP context is allowed at any time. For this reason, the TCP option has been removed from later versions
Old 09-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #309
elijahr

Model: 7730
Smile T-Mobile

So, has anyone actually gotten this to work? I bought a used Blackberry 7730, put my T-Mobile SIM card in it, and enabled the T-MobileWeb GPRS plan on my account. The phone works great as just a phone/organizer, but I should be able to use T-MobileWeb like most other phones, right?

I put in the wap.voicestream.com apn setting, and reset my device, but I still get no connection for applications like Opera. Is the WAP service something I can actually use *without any Blackberry Service Books* ?

This is what the original post seems to suggest, but almost none of the follow up posts are success stories (Although I imagine that people would be less inclined to post success stories, and more inclined to post questions, as I am doing.)

I appreciate any advice, I'm just a poor student who got a good deal on a blackberry... $20-$30 a month seems a bit much to pay for the occasional google / ssh from my phone.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:36 AM   #310
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Welcome to BB Forums.

You must have a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use any services besides voice and SMS. The T-MobileWeb service (or T-Zones) will not do anything for you at all.

No way (that I am aware of) to bypass that. It can't be done.

Sorry...
Old 09-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #311
elijahr

---

Last edited by elijahr; 09-25-2006 at 03:14 PM..
Old 09-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #312
elijahr

Yikes!
So if I have a choice to:
1] access the web & pop3 email with another brand of phone using T-MobileWeb for $5.99 a month

OR

2] access the web & e-mail with a blackberry using a BlackBerry Data Plan for $19.99

what is the difference in service that leaves a $15 price gap?

Also, is there any way to get a BlackBerry Data Plan that doesn't go through T-Mobile without switching services (some kind of alternative provider for just the BB stuff)?

Can I use the blackberry to Dial-up to an ISP and use that internet connection on my voice minutes (not as a modem for a laptop)?

Sorry for the blank post!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Thanks!

Last edited by elijahr; 09-25-2006 at 03:24 PM..
Old 10-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #313
merlot

Model: 7105t
Red face TMobile BlackBerry Unlimited Needed for Internet Access?

Okay ... the question is the title. I am paying a monthly fee of $20 for BB Unlimited so that I can google, get email from Yahoo email acct, etc.

Are you all saying that I can do all of this including full web browsing WITHOUT paying the monthly fee? Just need some affirmation / confirmation before proceeding.

Thanks guys ... I am not very techie and become ensnarled in all the "WAP BES MDA AMP" confusion. I will gladly follow the instructions and ask for help if necessary.

I have the 7105t and want to upgrade to the Pearl ... but first want to practice using the BB as a modem for my laptop and configuring web access.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #314
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Merlot,

This should answer your question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
You must have a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use any services besides voice and SMS. The T-MobileWeb service (or T-Zones) will not do anything for you at all.

No way (that I am aware of) to bypass that. It can't be done.

Sorry...
No data plan, no net surfing or email on your blackberry.

Please try a Search
Old 10-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #315
merlot

Thanks for the speedy response. I notice that I wasn't the only one confused thinking the thread was a work-around for BB Unlimited !
Old 10-01-2006, 02:44 PM   #316
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Actually there should be no confusion:

Without a BlackBerry Data Plan, you have voice and SMS only. That's it.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:13 PM   #317
merlot

Red face What This Thread Is For, Yes?

Well, Well,

I feel silly ! I thought this thread was going to tell me how to avoid the $20 BB Unlimited charge. Ahem ... Now I think I get it .. My 7105t comes with ADP but TCP (ADP, TCP, BFD ... geek to me ... I'll fumble around for an acronym glossary) TCP connections are quicker. With BB versions 3.8 and up you do not need BES (BlackBerry Enterprise) which is something that corporations use for sync to work e-mail, etc.

This thread tells you how to configure your phone so that you are utilizing TCP connections (yes ??) Faster, more reliable (yes ??)

What else can TCP do for me?? Thanks in advance, everyone.

Last edited by merlot; 10-01-2006 at 03:17 PM..
Old 10-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #318
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

This thread (at least the first few threads) tell you how to set up the TCP parameters on your BB so you can use TPC enabled applications like BB Weather and Opera and others without being on a BES.

Nothing to do with cost savings or anything else - how to set up your BB to use TCP applications. Assuming your carrier supports it.

Nothing faster or more reliable.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:02 AM   #319
kickout2006

Model: 7100T

okay so i just got a blackberry 7100t and do not pay the 20 dollar fee for internet from t-mobile. how do i get free internet acess still confused about this
Old 10-08-2006, 07:47 AM   #320
pefl

Model: 7230

Hello Mark and people, this is my case: bought a blackberry 7230 UNLOCKED and i am going to use it for GPRS and Wap navigation, i am not in the USA, my GSM provider has a GPRS infrastructure working ( ihave a Windows MObile phone and it΄s working perfect). My question is, should i install the upgrade? or try to configure the APN settings before, i am not roaming, i will use another sim card for use the GSM service abroad USA, Europe. Thanks.