nuerotic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Polished Stock Real-time Application

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am starting this thread to find solutions for my problem regarding this matter, and I am sure some other users out here are might be facing a similar problem.

First - Is there a polished stock/portfolio management software - or real time stock application tool. I have seen some for the blackberry, and even tried them out - but for the most part - they are not updated at all, or if they are updated - the interface is just plain horrible, and the application does not work reliably.

Here are the applications I have tried -

1) Quotestream
2) Tiny stock's Stock Manager
3) Marketfilters - free application
4) Partially Etrade's Trading Application

Quotestream - its horrible - it like its designed for all Java phones - not blackberry friendly

Tiny Stock Manager - Try the trial - it is totally unpolished and there is no realtime data - its a 15 min delay

MarketFilters - Its better to use WSJ app or other apps, its just out there - I don't think they update this application much at all. - For some this might be good..but not good enough for me.

Etrade: Seems the most polished, and but I am not able to see the trading / realtime component as I do not have a Etrade account. But I will get one if this application is worth it

I know there are some nifty apps coming for the iPhone (and please lets not make this a iphone vs blackberry discussion - stick to stock applications).

I am sure there are few more - are there any good stock applications out for blackberries (I own Blackberry Curve 8320).

That can reliably show me Stock info with real-time streaming. And after that other bells and whistles.

I hate to use Opera browser and then choosing to reload the page to get latest reading.

Why aren't there any applications with smooth interface and reliability like the WSJ application. I figure big chunk of blackberry users are corporate, that a financial app would be a top priority....but it seem its not.

And How good is Etrade's real-time streaming - is it like on a desktop - fast and instantaneous - Does someone have a video or something of the streaming information.

Please suggest and advice me and others on this issue

Thanks,

-neurotic
Old 05-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
nuerotic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Guys and Gals - do you guys have any feedback regarding this matter? I would love to know what you guys think and know. Suggestions/solutions are welcome...

Thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
pshift
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ...
PIN: N/A. Went To Android!
Carrier: Busy Signal :)

I use Market Simplified from Ameritrade. Free and useful app to track your portfolio.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
sjsilverman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile & China Mobile

It depends on how detailed you want to get, and how much you want to pay. On the simpler side, I use Market Simplified and iStockManager for TD Ameritrade, and e*trade mobile pro, as well as bloomberg....but for the most part, those give you only a portion of the info you need if you are a broker, trader, or securities industry pro.

For me, the power app is Jupiter Wireless from Alphatrade. It gives me real time level II quotes for all exchanges, real time portfolio managment, real time news, etc. Only problem is, it is expensive....$72/month for both BB and Desktop access. But, it does give me all the information I need when i need it.

The important thing to keep in mind is that ALL these apps are limited by the capabilities of the BB and its tiny screen. But, a combination of the above listed apps can give you most of what you should need.

Last edited by sjsilverman; 05-11-2009 at 12:54 PM..
Old 05-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
mmarchand

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Hi, Ixxx8217;m using two app for my trading.

(1) Stockstream mobile - Realtime quotes, chart with technical analysis tools, news, Fundamental, etc. It's complete and it's made exclusively for BB. You will spend 9.95$ for the basic app + real-time fees depending what you want (TSX 8$, All US 9$,) . For me, it's TSX and it's 8$. For a total of 18.85$CAD GST included.

check stockhouse.com

(2) Bloomberg LP - Mobile market analyzer - you can build personal portfolio and see your gain / loss, it has news for every market, equity, currency, etc. Chart (basic), Market and sector movers (like this new add), etc. And itxxx8217;s FREE !

You can find it on BBApps Store.

Last edited by mmarchand; 05-16-2009 at 09:38 AM..
Old 05-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #6
tradz123

Model: 8700
Carrier: sprint

I use Marketsimplified too. It has streaming quotes and watchlists for TD users, but the positions somehow don't seem to stream. I particularly like a feature called reversals, which basically does a complete technical and fundamental analysis of all listed stocks and gives me a report. Throws up some interesting results ! The charting is especially nice and I hear it is available on the iPhone and Windows mobile.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #7
AllanRosen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quotrek. Too expensive-- but good. If I were just using it for real-time stocks, I'd find a cheaper solution. But I also use it for real-time commodity futures.

Last edited by AllanRosen; 05-18-2009 at 03:17 PM..
Old 05-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #8
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

I don't think there are any free, real-time quote apps. You need a trading account or have to pay a monthly subscription fee to get that. I use Bloomberg (free at BlackBerry App World) and love it.
Closed Thread