Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #21
balansboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Evo
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Been with Sprint for almost a dozen years. Never had any complaints.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #22
Tragic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
I agree with the terrible Nextel acquisition. Also, Sprint's customer service is probably the worst of any carrier. That tends to drive a lot of users away.
Of the top 4 US carriers, Sprint is #3 in customer satisfaction, beating only AT&T. It could be that Sprint's commision struture changed to incorporate customer satisfaction into the amount they see on their pay check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
How would you explain, given Sprint automatically roams on Verizon, that when my daughther is in the same room with me on her Sprint BlackBerry, she drops calls has 0-1 bar frequently and my VZW BlackBerry has 1XEV with 4-5 bars and I never drop calls here?
It could be that your daughters phone is set to "home only" on roaming instead of "automatic." Sprint does roam on Verizon, for free. On Sprint, having 1 bar or 5 bars gives the exact same result on calls. Only with data will you see a difference. If her phone drops calls, take it to Sprint and have them run a PoST test to test RF signal. The phone is probably defective. I've never had a single dropped call with Sprint in 5 1/2 years, and thats because I've only had a blackberry for 1 of those years. Explanation good enough for you daphne?

Also, a buddy of mine works for T-Mobile. He has 5 bars on his 9700 Bold no matter where he goes and his web speeds aren't nearly what my are. Leads me to believe that the # of bars on the screen is a false indication of signal strenght somewhere. Look at at&t... their motto is "More bars in more places" yet they have the highest volume of dropped calls of the top 3 carriers.

Sprint has the best overall value. I chose them becaue their prices are reasonable and the service is exceptional in my area. Plus, they've already have a rapidly expanding 4G network... a full 7 months before any other carrier even launches one. AND, I'm on the EVO waiting list (arguably the best phone on any carrier to date).
Old 07-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #23
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
Of the top 4 US carriers, Sprint is #3 in customer satisfaction, beating only AT&T. It could be that Sprint's commision struture changed to incorporate customer satisfaction into the amount they see on their pay check..
This report must have been after the iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
Also, a buddy of mine works for T-Mobile. He has 5 bars on his 9700 Bold no matter where he goes and his web speeds aren't nearly what my are. Leads me to believe that the # of bars on the screen is a false indication of signal strenght somewhere. Look at at&t... their motto is "More bars in more places" yet they have the highest volume of dropped calls of the top 3 carriers.
Your buddy might have had 5 bars of EDGE. If so, that would explain the difference in speeds. EDGE is considerably slower than 3G.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 07-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #24
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
How would you explain, given Sprint automatically roams on Verizon, that when my daughther is in the same room with me on her Sprint BlackBerry, she drops calls has 0-1 bar frequently and my VZW BlackBerry has 1XEV with 4-5 bars and I never drop calls here?
Which Sprint BB does she have? Older ones could be set to disable roaming, and I believe it was the default setting. My 8330m was slow to change over to a roaming network, but my 9650 switches at the drop of a hat.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:15 AM   #25
bigdaadio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
PIN: chin pennies
Carrier: sprint
Default Re: Will be switching from Sprint to Verizon

Quote:
How would you explain, given S.rint automatically roams on Verizon, that when my daughther is in the same room with me on her Sprint BlackBerry, she drops calls has 0-1 bar frequently and my VZW BlackBerry has 1XEV with 4-5 bars and I never drop calls here?

Its pretty simple.Verizon is not giving the sprint roamers the bandwidth (only 1x) or the radio voice coverage as "their" customers. I see it every day. BUT Verizon doesn't offer a 450 everything plan for the $41 after taxes, that I'm paying... sure would like evdo tho.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #26
Mtnguy4249
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

It's got to be more than that. We had Sprint for 10 years and it never was reliable in our house. After Sprint told me theat I could not get their Network Extender because it was not authorized in our zip code, we switched to Verizon. I had checked both AT&T and Verizon using friends' phones before I did that. We now get really good service most of the time -- I don't understand why, on rare occasions, the phone conversation is interrupted. But, with Sprint, it almost never worked.

So, for some reason, Sprint cellphones don't just automatically roam to Verizon networks.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:00 AM   #27
lenemery
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: att

both my Verizon network extenders in SF bay area, take about 1 hour to pair with my 9630. Vzw network engineers are still tweaking but are suspecting that bb continuous data stream is making the hand off from tower to NE difficult, because the NE can't take over during a call.

These are latest version of the NE's.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #28
lenemery
Thumbs Must Hurt

VZ network extender:

turning off data service cuts the pairing/handoff time to the 3g network extender down to about 5 to 10 mins max, as compared to 30 mins to 2 hours normally.

btw, if data services turned off, but using 3g thru the extender, when i turn on wifi my exchange won't synch. i assume people here were synching with their pc bb manager not bes or besx?

-len
Old 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #29
lenemery
Thumbs Must Hurt

if data is off, dialing #48 says I have NE coverage; then I turn ON data -> then #48 says I continue to have NE coverage.

Suppose thats a work around. Wish there as a shortcut I cut put on my desktop to make it easy to turn off only data and then turn it back on. I have an app that does that for all communications, not just data.

-len
Old 06-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #30
wetherb67

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon 5.0.0.975

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Not necessarily. I get the Verizon network experience for feee when I'm out of Sprint coverage and I roam onto Verizon. All for the price of Sprint. And it happens automatically without my even knowing it's happening.
I have a question. My sister is considering sprint in south Georgia (Valdosta), occasionally travels to jacksonville and tallahassee.

Trying to research for her on call quality, especially off the interstates. In the searching so far that I've done, sounds to me like anytime the phone goes into roaming on a call it gets dropped. Is this true? I don't know how I could recommend sprint to her if this is the case.