Old 01-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #41
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
I'd prefer to see an 'all calendar' version...
+1 on that!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #42
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Updated! 1/4/2010

Alright, I made a few changes in response to users postings here, first was one that wasn't requested but personally bothered me a bit... I found a much better file for my lock screen and the image is FAR sharper now with fewer jaggies..

Second is that the "My Number" info on the call progress screen has been moved to the lower right portion of the screen to prevent run over from the caller's information.

Third and lastly I have made a version available WITHOUT the animated transition screens for the users that want speed above all else.

Without any more rambling, here are the links!

Click me for OTA Link (Same as the link in the opening post, but has been updated with new files)

Click me for OTA Link of NON-Animated version (New version that does not have the fading and zooming animations between menus and apps)

ALX Files for desktop manager installation are below if anyone needs non-ota links:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Today-9700-ALX.zip (244.6 KB, 212 views)
File Type: zip Today-9700-NoAnimation-ALX.zip (394.0 KB, 245 views)
Old 01-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #43
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Please let me know if anyone notices any problems with the changes or problems overall with the theme and I will do my best to address it.

I am also looking at making a version of this theme that has dedicated Message and Calendar icons on the home screen that show 6 lines of today info for either one, depending on which one is highlighted.

Would be easy enough to do and should satisfy most users requests for more lines of info for this or that on the screen. Also would let you use that today info area for things like SMS messages. Give me your thoughts on what you think of this approach as it does have the downside of not continuously displaying things like calendar entries without leaving the calendar icon highlighted.

Hope everyone had a great new years!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #44
Manhart

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Swisscom

The new release works fine on my 8900 with 5.0.411.

I like your ideas for the home screen. I have one wish: can you hide "free" items in the calender on the home screen ?

Regards

Matthias
Old 01-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #45
FALKOR

Carrier: AT&T

This theme is awesome, thank you so much! I know everyone has requested MORE lines, but is it possible to go with 2 lines of each? or at least make the font slightly bigger on the home screen for ? After a few drinks it gets kind of hard to read

Would it be difficult to provide the theme source files to allow us to edit ourselves for these minor updates to suit our own needs? I've never modified / created a theme before, is it difficult when you start from a solid template (such as this)?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #46
duane534
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask Me

+1 User for the Animated Theme!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #47
finky
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Hatax,

Great update. Looks very smooth, also seems to move faster. One thing I noticed though was when receiving a call, the caller's info wasn't centered. The name is malaligned to the left and the phone number is off center as well. Is this the phone or the theme?

Great job though all around!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #48
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finky View Post
Hatax,

... One thing I noticed though was when receiving a call, the caller's info wasn't centered. The name is malaligned to the left and the phone number is off center as well. Is this the phone or the theme? ...
I've noticed this too, and actually went back into the theme maker to check alignment of the fields. (There are 3 for that block, caller name, number, and info) And double checking the behavior in the simulator tells me that those fields are actually right aligned and run their extra character length over the left hand side of the field!

Looking into it now, I may end up modifying it so the picture is on the right hand side as the creator offers no ability to change the justification of those fields...
Old 01-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #49
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Hmm, so I've done some tinkering with moving around those fields and really their behavior is somewhat unpredictable. So what I did was move everything around just a little bit to give enough space for longer names and info.

Take a look at the attached picture and let me know if you all like that type of display better. If so, I can update the theme to include this and I'll throw it up at the OTA link.

(For some reason the forum keeps stripping the bottom of the PNG off, all of the info seems to be above where they're clipping though so you should be able to see the change)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BB-Incoming.PNG
Views:	370
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	17856  

Last edited by HaTaX; 01-05-2010 at 05:27 PM..
Old 01-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #50
finky

beyond the small thumbnail, the pic won't show for me. but in thumbnail, it looks even more awkward lol. that's so weird that its causing you these problems. what does it look like WITHOUT a caller id pic?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #51
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Heh, yeah, it looks like that because I moved the text around so it couldn't run over the top of the picture and so that it would attempt to center align it all.. It's a function over form thing.

Odd that the picture won't show for you, it does at least show it here for me.. Try refreshing the page that pops up...
Old 01-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #52
finky

weird. yea, the thumbnail shows fine...but clicking on it brings up a blank page, no matter how many times i refresh lol. ;)

Is there some reason it doesn't allow you to do it exactly as the blackberry normally does with the theme it comes with?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #53
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

That's the problem, as it is currently, everything is as it comes in the theme creator with no changes to the stock setup on that screen. Seems to be how the theme creator actually makes the theme has a small bug in it. It's not the first bug, nor even the 100th bug that's been found with 5.0 so far so I'm really not too surprised.

Anyway, if you use the simulator and go back to a stock theme the screen displays more cleanly then the customized theme.

Ohhh well!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #54
finky

Doesnt surprise me. Can you do a version then like the thumbnail? Because right now, when i DO have a pic caller id, the caller's information is over it with the left alignment.

Thanks!

Do you have a paypal or something? I'd be willing to pay you a small amount for the work you've been doing for this theme. I know $5 isn't really anything, but heeeeyyyy...could buy ya lunch! lol
Old 01-07-2010, 12:46 AM   #55
bltobman

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

Thank you for this theme. How do we make it so we if change the wallpaper the secondary screen changes as well. I know it has been asked but i cant seem to find it
Old 01-07-2010, 03:08 AM   #56
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finky View Post
Doesnt surprise me. Can you do a version then like the thumbnail? Because right now, when i DO have a pic caller id, the caller's information is over it with the left alignment.
I can do that, here's another attempt at a better picture, so you can see what you're getting. I know the spacing is wonky, but it does give sprawl room for the text with no possibility of running over the face portion. Also, you can see the shaded incoming call background a little better with this layout.

If ya like it, I'll doctor it up and put it out there for you. I'm sure the minor change would be accepted by 99% of the people here.

And thank you for the generous donation offer but I don't mind doing it at all. People's input is valuable to me as I don't really notice some of these things in my use of it. I just end up with a better rounded theme with feedback. As a programmer one thing I struggle with is making a UI look easy and attractive, I can make it work, but looking good while doing so is another thing.
You should be able to see this image, and if you can't, there's a link right below this line, just click there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltobman View Post
Thank you for this theme. How do we make it so we if change the wallpaper the secondary screen changes as well. I know it has been asked but i cant seem to find it
Bug in current theme builder, normally the wallpaper is passed to the icon menu but for some reason it's not doing that currently. Even if I set a transparent background for that screen you end up with a white screen mess that you can't see anything on. Once the theme builder is updated I'll rebuild the theme so this works properly.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #57
finky

Yep, can finally see the pic! lol Thanks for reposting it. And you should probably answer the 6 calls missed. ;)

The off centering is still better than running over the pic, so yea if you could.

No problem on the offer, thought I would throw it out there as you have done a lot of work. Thanks for doing it...again, you've done a great job with this theme!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:35 AM   #58
GaryFolke

Carrier: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
...Bug in current theme builder, normally the wallpaper is passed to the icon menu but for some reason it's not doing that currently. Even if I set a transparent background for that screen you end up with a white screen mess that you can't see anything on. Once the theme builder is updated I'll rebuild the theme so this works properly.
In the previous theme builder for OS 4.6 I had a similar problem when creating a theme for my Bold 9000.
I found that if I used the same filename for the lock screen background, the home screen background and the icon menu background when building the theme then it would work.
Changing the home screen background (once the theme was compiled and installed) would change them all.
I haven't messed around with the latest theme builder so you may well have already tried this and found that it doesn't work...

Thanks for your great work on this theme so far - it's saved me some time building one as it's just what I wanted.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #59
kenny3794

PIN: 218D885F

I must admit, I'm loving this theme since adding it to my BB9700. One feature I would like to see is a scroll feature on the home screen that allows for more than the current 6 icons. I use about 8 apps normally, plus the occasional game. It would be nice to be able to access all of these on without leaving the home screen. A scroll of 10 - 12 icons would be idea.

Thanks greatly for this clean, professional theme.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #60
zGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: black
PIN: rusted safety pin
Carrier: FedEx

Love your theme and, just as important: Your engaging emails and responses.
If this theme can be modified to be a hidden today plus type with a weather slot, I would make it the one and only on my Blackberry.
Kudos and thanks, HaTaX!

Last edited by zGuy; 01-13-2010 at 02:30 PM..
Closed Thread