PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rickshaw

agreed, BB of course
Old 07-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #43
crmcsc

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

I Luv my BB. But I would not mind having a IPhone. I like the browser a lot more
Old 07-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #44
dstrauss
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Well, after 24 hours with v2.0 on the original iPhone - Exchange Activesync is every bit as fast and consistent as my Curve BES ever was. Of course, not notes or tasks (already a known problem), but this is rock solid. RIM should be afraid, be very afraid, because we can now reliably get email and still have the best interface in the phone world. Give it a few days and typing is just fine...not as good as a physical keyboard...but you don't have to give up screen real estate...AND

Did I mention the email is a perfectly readable html version - no more five line hotlink codes instead of a URL.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #45
ishphotography
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: 3198987A
Carrier: Sprint

the ONLY thing the iphone has better is that internet, but hell, I will just get on my laptop if i want the real internet!!! Andim sure bb is working on that...so The hell with att and the hell with a touch screen! I stand on that....BLACKBERRY 4 life...4 play and 4 work!!!! yeah boi...oh dont forget the BBM!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #46
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

mobileme working as well, a nice alternative if you want a personal push option.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #47
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishphotography View Post
the ONLY thing the iphone has better is that internet, but hell, I will just get on my laptop if i want the real internet!!! Andim sure bb is working on that...so The hell with att and the hell with a touch screen! I stand on that....BLACKBERRY 4 life...4 play and 4 work!!!! yeah boi...oh dont forget the BBM!!!!!
Better web browsing, better email software that supports true IMAP and full folder sync, better multimedia, better interface, and now ... better 3rd party software.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 07-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #48
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

But the most important part is it can be hacked by 15 year old kids.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #49
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
So can Microsoft Windows but I bet you use that on a daily basis. Windows is the biggest joke of an OS I have ever seen.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #50
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Most people buying the Iphone dont need government standard security so its of no concern to them. Saying it can be hacked doesnt deminish its ability or Pro's vs a blackberry. Windows can be hacked yet almost every corporation in america has Window's box's.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 07-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #51
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Actually not everyday. Only on my work station at the office because I have no control over it..
Old 07-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #52
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Actually not everyday. Only on my work station at the office because I have no control over it..
Awesome??? What do you use? I use Linux based operation systems. And ... just like I am an phone whore, I am a distro whore. LOL. Right now though, my distro of choice is Arch. But it could easily be Gentoo next week (actually thats likely. LOL)

Old 07-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #53
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Im just switched to linux in the last few months. I know very little about it as I didnt set it up. So I cant have a intelligent conversation about it. But I plan on trying to learn as much about it as I can. I have four PCs in the house and mine is the only one on it so far.

And I must apologize for my earlier comment about the hacking. I just woke up and have only had four hours sleep in three days. So I had a lapse of judgement, I told myself I wouldnt get into the iphone debate anymore. So please accept my apology.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #54
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Im just switched to linux in the last few months. I know very little about it as I didnt set it up. So I cant have a intelligent conversation about it. But I plan on trying to learn as much about it as I can. I have four PCs in the house and mine is the only one on it so far.

And I must apologize for my earlier comment about the hacking. I just woke up and have only had four hours sleep in three days. So I had a lapse of judgement, I told myself I wouldnt get into the iphone debate anymore. So please accept my apology.
I teach Linux Administration. I've been with it since the beginning. It took a little bit for it to sway me from BSD, but right now, its my main OS. I am thinking of going to the latest FreeBSD though. We'll see.

Learn Linux .... you will enjoy it! And ... there is nothing to apologize for. Its true ... iPhone has been a hackable device.

Last edited by numetheus; 07-11-2008 at 07:31 PM..
Old 07-12-2008, 03:24 AM   #55
gmpblack
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: Cushion (ouch)
Carrier: at+t
Default got this from an att rep

xxx8226; Are Insurance & Durability important to you?
xxx8226; You are investing in a smartphone, donxxx8217;t you want to invest in a product that will last?
xxx8226; BlackBerry devices are renowned in the industry for their durability & longevity. This is due to the device construction, rigorous testing and high standards
xxx8226; With AT&T Asurion insurance, you can have insurance on all BlackBerry devices available from AT&T. This insurance is not available on a certain BlackBerry competitors
xxx8226; Would you like to be able to easily & quickly type on your Smartphone?
xxx8226; BlackBerry has a superior ergonomic keyboard with large buttons that allows you to easily and quickly type out a text, email or instant message
xxx8226; The BlackBerry trackball & keyboard are designed for quick and easy one-handed typing while on the go
xxx8226; Do you email? If the question is email then the answer is BlackBerry
xxx8226; BlackBerry has a patented PUSH Email system that allows you to keep track of up to 10 different work or personal email accounts. Each mailbox is wirelessly updated whenever you send, delete or read messages on your Smartphone
xxx8226; BlackBerry will wirelessly synchronize for free with all email accounts including 4 major email accounts (Google, Hotmail/MSN, Yahoo & AOL)
xxx8226; Do you like Instant Messaging (IM)?
xxx8226; Did you know that a certain BlackBerry competitor does not have the ability to IM?
xxx8226; On BlackBerry, Instant Messaging will be included in your unlimited monthly data plan, it will not cost you more. You can use all of the popular IM clients (AOL, Windows Live, Yahoo, Google, ICQ) which are easily downloaded from BlackBerry Software Store - powered by Handango or http://mobile.blackberry.com
xxx8226; You can also use BlackBerry Messenger, which is free unlimited IM from your BlackBerry to any BlackBerry on any carrier in the world. (with a BlackBerry data plan)

xxx8226; Do you want to buy a smartphone with proven and reliable battery life?
xxx8226; You are purchasing a smartphone, wouldnxxx8217;t you like it to last as long as you do? BlackBerry prides itself on long lasting, reliable battery life no matter what you are using it for (Phone calls, texting, watching a movie, listening to music, GPS, WIFI etc)
xxx8226; Also BlackBerry has a patented email/instant messaging system that allows it to stay constantly connected to all data systems without draining the devicexxx8217;s battery life
xxx8226; BlackBerry devices have one of the longest talk times in the industry.
xxx8226; Smartphone power users, especially those who travel, prefer a user-replaceable battery, which is what the BlackBerry utilizes. A certain BlackBerry competitor has a non-removable battery which would require professional attention if replacement is needed
xxx8226; As a bonus, BlackBerry Authentic Accessories also save you even more battery life. They have patented technology built in to automatically turn off the screen when holstered
xxx8226; Do you want your Smartphone to be able to video record?
xxx8226; You can currently video record on your BlackBerry Pearl 8110. When new free software updates are released for the 8300 and 8310, they will also have this exciting feature
xxx8226; A certain BlackBerry competitor is not able to video record
xxx8226; Smartphones can copy and paste
xxx8226; Itxxx8217;s one of the most simple/basic functions of a Smartphone. BlackBerry has been able to do this for over a decade
xxx8226; How advanced are you when you canxxx8217;t copy and paste? A certain BlackBerry competitor is not able to copy and paste
xxx8226; You can Edit File Attachments on a BlackBerry
xxx8226; You cannot edit File attachments on a certain BlackBerry competitor
xxx8226; Yes, on BlackBerry, you can edit word & excel documents using software downloaded from BlackBerry Software Store - powered by Handango or in the future, BlackBerry handheld software will have this preloaded
xxx8226; BlackBerry devices can be used as a tethered modem
xxx8226; A certain BlackBerry competitor cannot. Tethered Modem is a great feature for customers on the go that would benefit from a high-speed internet connection with their Laptop. Only $60/month from AT&T
xxx8226; Smartphones have 1 touch speed dialing & voice dialing
xxx8226; BlackBerry devices include Alpha numeric dialing (1800FLOWERS), 1 touch dialing, voice activated dialing & 6 way conference calling
xxx8226; A certain BlackBerry competitor cannot 1 touch speed dial or voice dial.

xxx8226; Use your BlackBerry External Memory as actual storage space for whatever you want
xxx8226; You can save anything you want to your BlackBerry Micro SD memory card including Microsoft Office documents (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), PDFs & much more
xxx8226; On a certain BlackBerry competitor, you cannot save your office documents to the device
xxx8226; The BlackBerry Pearl 8110 can hold an 8 GB Micro SD card and the BlackBerry Curve 8310 can hold a 4 GB Micro SD card. BlackBerry devices have been designed so that when software is updated, they will be able to handle larger Micro SD cards, for free!
xxx8226; A certain BlackBerry competitor cannot upgrade their memory size
xxx8226; BlackBerry devices sync with Mac computers. Download PocketMac https://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/
xxx8226; BlackBerry is a great media player & Syncs with your iTunes on Mac or PC
xxx8226; BlackBerry Media Sync is free software that allows you to sync your BlackBerry directly with music on your iTunes playlists, using a PC. This software will be available for free from BlackBerry
xxx8226; Did you know that numerous 3rd party developers have also developed software that allows you to sync your BlackBerry with your iTunes playlists on your Mac? Google xxx8220;BlackBerry Sync iTunes Macxxx8221; to discover the possibilities
xxx8226; Spin through all the music album art on your BlackBerry with MiuTunes - Transform your BlackBerry into a cool MP3 player or www.flipside.fm/flipside.jad. It wirelessly downloads album art for free to your BlackBerry. You can select the free trial period or purchase the music players for a small onetime cost
xxx8226; Did you know that BlackBerry includes Roxio Media Manager for free in the box? This installs on your PC and allows you to easily & quickly sync all of your media with your BlackBerry. It also has a free video converter to optimize your movies for your BlackBerry
xxx8226; BlackBerry fits in your pocket & offers you a choice in device type
xxx8226; Both the BlackBerry Pearl and BlackBerry Curve are smaller and lighter than a certain BlackBerry competitor
xxx8226; BlackBerry Smartphones provide the same reliable, easy to use, wireless experience in a variety of form factors and a great choice of colors suited for any work style or lifestyle
xxx8226; BlackBerry - Millions love it. Millions own it. There are many reasons why wexxx8217;re #1
xxx8226; BlackBerry has over 16 million subscribers around the world and has shipped over 40 Million handsets
xxx8226; Available in more than 350 carriers & channels in over 135 countries around the world!
xxx8226; BlackBerry has the most subscribers of any smartphone at AT&T
xxx8226; BlackBerry is a smartphone innovator first and foremost
Old 07-12-2008, 05:10 AM   #56
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpblack View Post
• Are Insurance & Durability important to you?
• You are investing in a smartphone, don’t you want to invest in a product that will last?
• BlackBerry devices are renowned in the industry for their durability & longevity. This is due to the device construction, rigorous testing and high standards
Apple has always been known for quality. The quality of RIM products has dropped in recent times. They are nowhere near as well made as they used to be. Most people will attest that the iPhone is more durable than the 8310. It feels more solid whereas my curve feels cheap to the hand.

Quote:
• Would you like to be able to easily & quickly type on your Smartphone?
• BlackBerry has a superior ergonomic keyboard with large buttons that allows you to easily and quickly type out a text, email or instant message
• The BlackBerry trackball & keyboard are designed for quick and easy one-handed typing while on the go
It is easier to type on my Curve, but I can type close to 45 wpm on the iPhone. The touch screen is so good that it allows this. No other phone making a touch screen device is as responsive. Although, I do admit that typing out LONG emails is better on a full qwerty.

The trackball is a crap method of navigation compared to multitouch on the iphone. On the iPhone, navigation is more natural. Selecting functions is much easier than scrolling to the function, then clicking on the ball. MUCH easier to just reach my finger up and press it. There is absolutely no comparing the trackball to multitouch displays. Navigating complex web pages with a trackball is cumbersome. Multitouch on the iPhone makes this effortless. There is no comparison. iPhone navigation with its touch is far superior to a BlackBerry and the trackball. I almost like the wheel better.

Quote:
• Do you email? If the question is email then the answer is BlackBerry
• BlackBerry has a patented PUSH Email system that allows you to keep track of up to 10 different work or personal email accounts. Each mailbox is wirelessly updated whenever you send, delete or read messages on your Smartphone
• BlackBerry will wirelessly synchronize for free with all email accounts including 4 major email accounts (Google, Hotmail/MSN, Yahoo & AOL)
The email client on the iPhone is far superior to the one on the BlackBerry. Not only do we have true HTML email (better than the one in 4.5), we can organize tons of email into folders. Yahoo! has been instant since the original iPhone, and MobileME gives you true push email.

Wireless sync of email with google and yahoo is better on the BlackBerry are you kidding me? You obviously have no experience with the other. My iPhone can sync perfectly all of the email ... AND I can sync all mail in multiple folders on yahoo, gmail, and any other iMAP server. Can your BB do this? Sync email is a JOKE with gmail on the BB. I read mail on Gmail web and it does NOT sync read status or delete on the BB until 24 hours later!! WTH is that about? Set up IMAP email with Gmail? IMAP strength is folder sync. Why the hell did BB screw up IMAP and not give us any real sync? Superior email? Your joking right? The game has changed now. Keep up.

Quote:
• Do you like Instant Messaging (IM)?
• Did you know that a certain BlackBerry competitor does not have the ability to IM?
• On BlackBerry, Instant Messaging will be included in your unlimited monthly data plan, it will not cost you more. You can use all of the popular IM clients (AOL, Windows Live, Yahoo, Google, ICQ) which are easily downloaded from BlackBerry Software Store - powered by Handango or http://mobile.blackberry.com
• You can also use BlackBerry Messenger, which is free unlimited IM from your BlackBerry to any BlackBerry on any carrier in the world. (with a BlackBerry data plan)
I have seen AIM work on the iPhone and it is FAR superior to any client on the BlackBerry. People that have tried it will attest to the same thing. Yahoo is coming, as well as an official JiveTalk. And when JiveTalk comes to iPhone it will be far superior to the BB counterpart. Again ... the game has changed. Please keep up.

Quote:
• Do you want to buy a smartphone with proven and reliable battery life?
• You are purchasing a smartphone, wouldn’t you like it to last as long as you do? BlackBerry prides itself on long lasting, reliable battery life no matter what you are using it for (Phone calls, texting, watching a movie, listening to music, GPS, WIFI etc)
I have heard about the Bold battery issues. It is actually comparable to the iPhone 3G. Only advantage of BB is the removable battery.

Quote:
• As a bonus, BlackBerry Authentic Accessories also save you even more battery life. They have patented technology built in to automatically turn off the screen when holstered
There are SEVERAL accessories made for iPOD that also work for iPHONE to help battery.

Quote:
• Do you want your Smartphone to be able to video record?
• You can currently video record on your BlackBerry Pearl 8110. When new free software updates are released for the 8300 and 8310, they will also have this exciting feature
• A certain BlackBerry competitor is not able to video record
Ummmmmm .... can you say 3rd party software? The iPhone software library is already starting to swell. And at this rate will surpass the BB one. Thats not hard to do actually since BB has a far weaker software library than WM or Palm. New apps for WM come out in droves daily. For BB we just get updates of the same old crap. And most of the time the updates arent even noticeable. Anyone saying the BB library is growing at the same rate as WM is obviously not paying attention. That is not an opinion, that is a fact. You can see the software list grown on WM with your own eyes, and stay stagnant on BB. iPhone library is growing at an alarming rate. everyone wants to develop for the iPhone. Can you say the same for BlackBerry? Oh ... and its only a matter of time before video recording comes out. They have a jailbroken app for it, and a legal SDK made one is just as possible because well .. its already been done.

Quote:
• Smartphones can copy and paste
• It’s one of the most simple/basic functions of a Smartphone. BlackBerry has been able to do this for over a decade
• How advanced are you when you can’t copy and paste? A certain BlackBerry competitor is not able to copy and paste
this is a basic TINY feature that can be overlooked when you realize that Everything else for BlackBerry is in the dark ages. Search the net ... everyone complains about the outdated blackberry interface and applications. 4.5? Are you serious? Its the same OS with black transparent goop flung with a spoon on top.

Quote:
• You can Edit File Attachments on a BlackBerry
• You cannot edit File attachments on a certain BlackBerry competitor
• Yes, on BlackBerry, you can edit word & excel documents using software downloaded from BlackBerry Software Store - powered by Handango or in the future, BlackBerry handheld software will have this preloaded
again ... Ill answer this by letting you know about the 3rd party software the world seems to be making. Why not as much for BB? Because they are making them for iPhone thats why ... AND THE SDK JUST CAME OUT!

Quote:
• BlackBerry devices can be used as a tethered modem
• A certain BlackBerry competitor cannot. Tethered Modem is a great feature for customers on the go that would benefit from a high-speed internet connection with their Laptop. Only $60/month from AT&T
You got me here. tsk. tsk.

Quote:
• Smartphones have 1 touch speed dialing & voice dialing
• BlackBerry devices include Alpha numeric dialing (1800FLOWERS), 1 touch dialing, voice activated dialing & 6 way conference calling
• A certain BlackBerry competitor cannot 1 touch speed dial or voice dial.
Again .... try to keep up. Fonix is a top developer in voice recognition technology and has already announced it for iPhone. We will get voice web searching too. How long have we had to wait to get this on the BB? WM had it for years. Wait .... the one for BB is only in beta and doesnt work well? Wait? A top developer FONIX has decided to make an iPhone version in stead of one for BlackBerry? Why oh Why you say?

Quote:
• Use your BlackBerry External Memory as actual storage space for whatever you want
• You can save anything you want to your BlackBerry Micro SD memory card including Microsoft Office documents (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), PDFs & much more
• On a certain BlackBerry competitor, you cannot save your office documents to the device
• The BlackBerry Pearl 8110 can hold an 8 GB Micro SD card and the BlackBerry Curve 8310 can hold a 4 GB Micro SD card. BlackBerry devices have been designed so that when software is updated, they will be able to handle larger Micro SD cards, for free!
• A certain BlackBerry competitor cannot upgrade their memory size
• BlackBerry devices sync with Mac computers. Download PocketMac https://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/
This is true ... I don't know why no external storage on the iphone.

Quote:
• BlackBerry is a great media player & Syncs with your iTunes on Mac or PC
• BlackBerry Media Sync is free software that allows you to sync your BlackBerry directly with music on your iTunes playlists, using a PC. This software will be available for free from BlackBerry
Really? This is something iPhone has had since the beginning and does not need 3rd party software to do. AND it support playback of your DRM MUSIC AND VIDEOS. Blackberry cannot do this. Media sync will only sync your non-drm stuff and will not do the videos? Are you seriously adding this as a BlackBerry advantage? It is a quick patch to a consumer wanted feature.

Quote:
• Did you know that numerous 3rd party developers have also developed software that allows you to sync your BlackBerry with your iTunes playlists on your Mac? Google “BlackBerry Sync iTunes Mac” to discover the possibilities
• Spin through all the music album art on your BlackBerry with MiuTunes - Transform your BlackBerry into a cool MP3 player or www.flipside.fm/flipside.jad. It wirelessly downloads album art for free to your BlackBerry. You can select the free trial period or purchase the music players for a small onetime cost
Okay seriously you must be joking. All of that stuff are made to mimic what the Iphone has already done better than ANY other device!!!! You did not just mention the spinning of music album art?!?!?!? LOL That is what everyone has been trying to copy from the iPhone! People copy because they have no balls ... like another member said. They don't innovate, they mimic.

Quote:
• Did you know that BlackBerry includes Roxio Media Manager for free in the box? This installs on your PC and allows you to easily & quickly sync all of your media with your BlackBerry. It also has a free video converter to optimize your movies for your BlackBerry
Did you know that iTunes does this all for free? It has been doing this since the beginning.

Quote:
• BlackBerry fits in your pocket & offers you a choice in device type
• Both the BlackBerry Pearl and BlackBerry Curve are smaller and lighter than a certain BlackBerry competitor
Yup ... because the iPhone is the size of a VW bus and has wires for communication. :sigh:

Quote:
• BlackBerry Smartphones provide the same reliable, easy to use, wireless experience in a variety of form factors and a great choice of colors suited for any work style or lifestyle
• BlackBerry - Millions love it. Millions own it. There are many reasons why we’re #1
• BlackBerry has over 16 million subscribers around the world and has shipped over 40 Million handsets
• Available in more than 350 carriers & channels in over 135 countries around the world!
• BlackBerry has the most subscribers of any smartphone at AT&T
• BlackBerry is a smartphone innovator first and foremost
Okay .... iPhone is newer and right now? Shows way more popularity. No BlackBerry release EVER has had as many orders on release. O2, a UK company had their online ordering system go down because at one point, they had 13000 orders per second. iTunes servers were having problems because of the sheer number of people activating. People have been waiting for DAYS to get one, and lines have been LONG. I do not remember a line for ANY BlackBerry release ... EVERY. Nothing like iPhone. There will not be a huge demand for Bold. No huge lines. No online ordering issues do to excessive orders. Its going to be an average BB release. No excitement by the world there.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #57
zkyevolved
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone

Wow... that was some report! LOL. I believe BOTH phones are excellent and are good for different reasons. I like my BB Curve because of it's qwerty keyboard. The iPhone's ability to learn new words isn't the best, but since it's onscreen it needs to be like that, although I would like a feature like the BB's "custom word library" and that would help a lot. I don't think numetheus would disagree.

The BB is smaller, which is a pro, but the iphone feels good in the palm of my hand. I like the BB's size, but when it comes to wanting to browse, the iphone screen is way better because of it's size. I can watch a movie with much more easily with the iphone than if I were to watch it on the BB. I don't know how the bold is, but with the curve, loading image thumbnails is a pain (i'm sure it's due to the processor speed), but it's so fast on the iphone. Viewing pictures is REALLY fun! The finger flicking on all the pages just makes moving around more .... enjoyable!

The BB is awesome when it comes to apps, but iphone released it's SDK and it'll get there. BB does have one main advantage, 3rd party apps that run in the background (for IMing) but I'm sure there might be something like that through the push system for IMing.

I WOULD like to have a removable battery, but I can't... (sad). But that's a con, one with which I'm willing to cope.

Anyways, they're both good phones, but IMHO I feel like the iphone is better and much more user friendly, better on the web, and soon with apps.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #58
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Numetheus, don't even bother. Your rebuttals were spot on. But its obvious gmpblack knows nothing about the iphone and is so biased against it that you would have a more productive conversation with a cinder-block.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 07-12-2008 at 10:51 AM..
Old 07-14-2008, 03:53 AM   #59
Mariscal

Carrier: Iusacell

A point against Iphone in Mexico and in some other places is the price of voice/data plans.
We have the second highest prices around the world just back Sweden. Nice iphonekiller strategy
Old 07-14-2008, 04:14 AM   #60
Mariscal

Carrier: Iusacell

Iphone vs iphone 3g the no have a lot of differences. Its just a fashionable semi-cellphone. Its no comparable with a BB.
I analyzed a lot of articles before make my decision and chose BB Curve 8830
Closed Thread