BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
torchcleva

Model: Torch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default Curve email setup (Hotmail problem)

Please Login to Remove!

My wifes phone this time.

Her phone was wiped a few months ago, everything reinstalled and updated but emails were not setup.

I am using the wizard and it will not setup the hotmail account, I get either wrong password or address error or cant connect to server. Just to test it i set up a gmail account on it in 30 seconds. I also logged into hotmail on the PC to make i was using the correct details and I was.

Any idea's ?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Curve email setup (Hotmail problem)

ok so if your sure of the password try a different one using simple characters such as
popopopo. if that works then it may be a case issue or the key on the BB is not sending what you think. Make sure it is not upper case or a number from a shift or alt key.

Put back the original if that works and try it . Same issue? then you may need to see what is being used.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #3
torchcleva

Model: Torch
Carrier: Orange

Password is already simple. It's also the same password that was used prior to wiping and upgrading.
Everything is lowercase and I select the 'show characters' when I input the password to ensure the password is correct.

Trust me, I use the same password on a lot of things.

thanks

EDIT: I should also say that the gmail account that i set up uses the same password and that was accepted fine after numerous failed attempts with hotmail.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
hahahohohehe
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520C
Carrier: touch

Hey,I'm having a problem seting up my email on my blackberry,every time I try to setup my email address in the setup wizard,I only have the option :I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server.I don't even know what a blackberry enterprise server,I see my brother's blackberry which is the same type of mine (curve 8520) ,,he can setup his email!!can somebody help me ,,I don't have a activation password nor an activation server address !!help please
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahohohehe View Post
Hey,I'm having a problem seting up my email on my blackberry,every time I try to setup my email address in the setup wizard,I only have the option :I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server.I don't even know what a blackberry enterprise server,I see my brother's blackberry which is the same type of mine (curve 8520) ,,he can setup his email!!can somebody help me ,,I don't have a activation password nor an activation server address !!help please
You've hijacked a thread. Bad. You should have started your own thread. Except, you have asked a very common question, so you should have searched before posting.

Here is the answer:

1. You need a BlackBerry data plan. If you don't, call your service provider.

2. If you have a data plan, you must have the service books pushed to your device. This is usually automatic, but maybe there was a problem. Call your carrier and verify that your account is in order, and ask them to resend service books.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
hahahohohehe

Well,sorry I did'nt know how to start my own thread ,,I'm new in using the blackberry,what is a data plan and how could I get it? Look,I don't speak english much,so be patient please,because I'm gonna ask a silly question for u:how could I know who is my service provider or my carrier ,I mean is it like mtc touch lebanon is that what you mean by carrier or service provider??and service book ,I don't get it...sorry for these questions but I seriosly don't know..answers please
Old 07-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahohohehe View Post
Well,sorry I did'nt know how to start my own thread ,,I'm new in using the blackberry,what is a data plan and how could I get it? Look,I don't speak english much,so be patient please,because I'm gonna ask a silly question for u:how could I know who is my service provider or my carrier ,I mean is it like mtc touch lebanon is that what you mean by carrier or service provider??and service book ,I don't get it...sorry for these questions but I seriosly don't know..answers please
MTC is your carrier. Call them and ask for a BlackBerry data plan habibi.

Or see this: http://www.touch.com.lb/autoforms/po...Questions#8113

Last edited by dc/dc; 07-28-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Old 07-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Your service provider is the business, company, or entity that provides your mobile phone service.

BlackBerrys are different. You need data service that is specifically for BlackBerrys if you want to use BlackBerry data services. Regular mobile data service will not do except for third-party browsers and apps that do not require access to RIM's network.

You buy the BlackBerry data service from your service provider, if your service provider supports BlackBerrys.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
hahahohohehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Your service provider is the business, company, or entity that provides your mobile phone service.

BlackBerrys are different. You need data service that is specifically for BlackBerrys if you want to use BlackBerry data services. Regular mobile data service will not do except for third-party browsers and apps that do not require access to RIM's network.

You buy the BlackBerry data service from your service provider, if your service provider supports BlackBerrys.
Thanks for your help..I will.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #10
hahahohohehe

Thanks ,it worked!you are really good!!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #11
rimbaby

Model: none
Carrier: ATnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchcleva View Post
My wifes phone this time.

Her phone was wiped a few months ago, everything reinstalled and updated but emails were not setup.

I am using the wizard and it will not setup the hotmail account, I get either wrong password or address error or cant connect to server. Just to test it i set up a gmail account on it in 30 seconds. I also logged into hotmail on the PC to make i was using the correct details and I was.

Any idea's ?
Do you have a simple yet really long password? I've run into the same issue before and it worked for me when I tried a smaller password (I think I tried something like 8-12 chars.)? I'd try that if I were you.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:51 AM   #12
Bobbylen

Model: 8230
Carrier: T-mobile

I'm agree with rimbaby. Sometimes problem is simple just we dont kown.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
danielitox

Model: 8520
Carrier: Digitel

I had the same trouble with Hotmail, and the solution was quite simple: my original password had 13 letters, and I changed it to 10 letters, and worked perfect
Closed Thread