Old 04-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
mikepui

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Celcom
Default LogicMail - Exchange Server Configuration

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

Does anyone know how to configure Exchange Server Email on LogicMail BB?

I can configure it fine for GMAIL Server via IMAP - imap.gmail.com and via SMTP - smtp.gmail.com

However, I got stuck for my corporate email which usually only one server required to be configured on normal mobile that supports Exchange Server...

I did not subscribe BIS and this should be the option. Really appreciate if anyone could help on this!

Tx a lot!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: LogicMail - Exchange Server Configuration

You can go to their web site for setup instructions but do not be surprised to learn you need a blackberry Data plan to have it work.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepui View Post
Does anyone know how to configure Exchange Server Email on LogicMail BB?
I can configure it fine for GMAIL Server via IMAP - imap.gmail.com and via SMTP - smtp.gmail.com
What messaging protocols are publicly available on your Exchange server? Does it support public POP or IMAP?
Old 04-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
mikepui

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
You can go to their web site for setup instructions but do not be surprised to learn you need a blackberry Data plan to have it work.
Don't really think blackberry Data plan is required for LogicMail since it's a 3rd party software... my GMail works fine with and HTML is also able to work...
Old 04-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
mikepui

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
What messaging protocols are publicly available on your Exchange server? Does it support public POP or IMAP?
That I won't be sure as I've done the research. IMAP should be able to support all emails that are stored on the server and retrieved at all client's device whenever possible.

It just like when I want to configure the Exchange Server Email on my iPhone, I just need to input one server address... webmail.tm.com.my...

But on BB without the BIS, I've to try on 3rd party software. LogicMail requires configuration on both IMAP - Incoming and SMTP - Outgoing server, this... I got stuck...
Old 04-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #6
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
IMAP should be able to support all emails that are stored on the server and retrieved at all client's device whenever possible.
Yes, but your Exchange and Network administrators must enable IMAP support on the server and allow external connections via IMAP ports directly to the server. To be honest, it's not likely they will permit this as it poses a security problem.

Quote:
It just like when I want to configure the Exchange Server Email on my iPhone, I just need to input one server address... webmail.tm.com.my...
No, it's not like that. Your iPhone uses Activesync to connect to Exchange... not IMAP or POP.

Quote:
LogicMail requires configuration on both IMAP - Incoming and SMTP - Outgoing server, this... I got stuck...
Exchange uses Activesync for both inbound and outbound mail. I highly doubt your Exchange administrator is going to allow public SMTP on that server. That's a big no-no.
You might need to find a public SMTP relay to use to allow sending of messages from your device.
Closed Thread