BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
bbkiller
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 23E95291
Carrier: cingular
Cool bb to iphone I never thought I would say it!

Please Login to Remove!

You need to go buy an Iphone. I tried the bb for a few years or so but the mods take way to much time. I loved my bb and I still got it dont ever use it anymore. The only thing I miss is the size and well thats it. You sould all go and get the new Iphone. The one thing I hated most about the bb is some of the apps coundnt be installed ota. I havent found a single app for the iphone that you have to pulg the darn thing to your coumputer in to install. The iphone rocks and IT WILL DO EVERYTHING THE BB WILL DO! I hack everyting I get and I hate to say it but I will never get another bb they really need to step it up with the rest of the phones!!!!!! I was one of those folks that said they would never get an iphone I was bb all the way now I know what I was missing and ill probably never go back utill they step up with the new phones.
I work with a lot of bb users and they are always saying your phone wont do this or your phone wont do that.LOL when I show them that it will do that and then show them stuff they would have never tought posable with a phone. I hope one day bb will make a phone that is more compatable with the internet and everyone else. I was always showing folks how to work there bb. And another thing It seems like I was always babysitting my phone to make sure i didnt run out of memory WHO SHOULD HAVE TO DO THIS WITH THERE PHONE! I HOPE BB PULLS THROUGH AND MAKES A GOOD PHONE. Im not writing this to piss anybody off just wanted to let the roumers that ive have read about the Iphone on here ARE NOT TRUE. I download free music on my iphone at 250kbs show me a bb that can do that. Its really not worth bashing bb I just want them to get better. I would like to get another one someday but they are going to have to impress me way more than the bold. Its just a bigger 8100!!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

That's great news. Good for you. How's the battery life with push e-mail enabled?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
soupandsandwich

This is the funniest post I've read in a long time.
Well done!

Old 10-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Good deal. Glad you found the device for you.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #5
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

wow, so much friendlier than a year ago. good to see.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
bbkiller

It lasts about a 1 1/2 days but i charge it everynight. I do miss my porfiles though! Im not trying to get you to go and buy an iphone just letting everyone know that the rumors arent true.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #7
bbkiller

And there is not a forum worth crap that i can find for the iphone. Youtube is really my only good forums. bb forums is the bomb when it comes to a phone fourm and I probably seen them all.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

So you get a day and a half of battery life with push e-mail turned on. Much better than we've seen. You using ActiveSync?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #9
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Wow... just wow. I had no idea the iPhone could do everything the BB can do!

"I hate to say it but I will never get another bb they really need to step it up with the rest of the phones!!!!!!"

i"Phone" vs. BlackBerry

I'm proud NOT to call my device a "phone."
Old 10-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkiller View Post
You need to go buy an Iphone.
Quote:
Im not trying to get you to go and buy an iphone
You got me confused here. Which is it?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
CO_BBTechie

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

xxx8220;The greatest conflicts are not between two people but between one person and himself.xxx8221;
Garth Brooks
Old 10-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
black betty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: PRICK
Carrier: TMO/AT&T

hey bbkiller did you get the email i sent you two days ago?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #13
pjfraser82

Model: BOLD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telstra

I cant be bothered replying!

Go and love your iPhone i will love my Bold.

Who gives a ***t! oh and also what would you use for a BES solution on your iPhone?

Last edited by TroyDBrown; 10-09-2008 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Language
Old 10-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #14
soupandsandwich

Wirelessly posted (Yep, wirelessly posted.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfraser82
I cant be bothered replying!

Go and love your iPhone i will love my Bold.

Who gives a ***t! oh and also what would you use for a BES solution on your iPhone?
Oh, the irony. It's too much.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #15
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

I really feel sorry for the iPhony users who think that their poop does not stink. One of my friends at work has an original iPhony and he admitted this week that he has problems with the screen locking up and when he asked Apple they said that it would be fixed in the next upgrade. He said the screen problem started with the last upgrade. He also admitted that on Wi-Fi the thing works well but on the normal at&t network things were slow. I kidded him that maybe on a good network a cell phone would not need Wi-Fi.

Nothing electronic made by man is foolproof, secure, or 100 percent reliable.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #16
test54
BlackBerry Master

there's the BBF users that I expected. too friendly, but only for a short time.

Last edited by test54; 10-09-2008 at 09:48 PM..
Old 10-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #17
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
You need to go buy an Iphone. I tried the bb for a few years or so but the mods take way to much time. I loved my bb and I still got it dont ever use it anymore. The only thing I miss is the size and well thats it. You sould all go and get the new Iphone. The one thing I hated most about the bb is some of the apps coundnt be installed ota. I havent found a single app for the iphone that you have to pulg the darn thing to your coumputer in to install. The iphone rocks and IT WILL DO EVERYTHING THE BB WILL DO! I hack everyting I get and I hate to say it but I will never get another bb they really need to step it up with the rest of the phones!!!!!! I was one of those folks that said they would never get an iphone I was bb all the way now I know what I was missing and ill probably never go back utill they step up with the new phones.
I work with a lot of bb users and they are always saying your phone wont do this or your phone wont do that.LOL when I show them that it will do that and then show them stuff they would have never tought posable with a phone. I hope one day bb will make a phone that is more compatable with the internet and everyone else. I was always showing folks how to work there bb. And another thing It seems like I was always babysitting my phone to make sure i didnt run out of memory WHO SHOULD HAVE TO DO THIS WITH THERE PHONE! I HOPE BB PULLS THROUGH AND MAKES A GOOD PHONE. Im not writing this to piss anybody off just wanted to let the roumers that ive have read about the Iphone on here ARE NOT TRUE. I download free music on my iphone at 250kbs show me a bb that can do that. Its really not worth bashing bb I just want them to get better. I would like to get another one someday but they are going to have to impress me way more than the bold. Its just a bigger 8100!!!!!

wall of text?

or just ramble?

the iphone dont even come close to a blackberry,

gl running apps in the background. oh wait jivetalk on a berry runs while you do other things.

cut and paste? honestly its like 1990's function.

now lets get into apps!

the app store is god awful, i love rss, yet, every single rss reader for the iphone is aweful,

viigo rocked.

now some fun stuff, iphone 3g voice quality, signal sucks sorry the phone drops more calls then sprint.

now some more fun stuff, iphone is detected on a pc, you can browse the picture only, but holy gebus you cant just copy files back to it from it, what moron invted this.
(oh yes its itunes dependant)

more fun, is the email! HAHA bigest peice of crap ever made, here have fun, get an isp, thats uses the same server addresses for imap and pop3 gl setting up a imap server, but why even bother it dont even do real imap it just reads the folders, delete dont sync etc,

now more fun, go write an email to someone make a mistake but notice it after it became a blue bubble LOL retype, and retype, and retype. haha no the iphone is very primitive, the only aspect of the phone that is nice, and the only key that makes the iphone fun is data and voice at the same time,

considering its a 3g phone or in at&t case g3.5 data and voice at the same time, its not mac but the utms or w/e its called feature.

now true, you can jailbreak the phone rather easy void apples warrenty and get some 3rd party hacks to run apps in the background. the phone is far from ideal.

oh but wait it plays youtube, tho not all of it, and the picture quality is so shitty why even bother?

3g is nice, iphone as a toy is fun, as a phone god worst voice quality ever btw, why wont it use bt stero headphones ffs its an "IPod" too! you would think it would support or allow stero bt headphone! who whould of thought the ipods dont! lol

btw everything i mentiond a blackberry can do and 10x better, while the only thing an iphone wins over a blackberry is web browsing, the iphone is funny, tell me how long a phone call was, the last one made, oh snap it dont.

btw you claim bb's run out of memory, i never after a year even once came under 10 megs, never lost call logs for a year, messages etc, but the ijunk will just close the running app and return to the spring board, wow really works well!

it locks up, oh yeh best bug ever and yes its a bug, i took an iphone on the nyc subway, the 2 times i traveled the subway, when i got out the phone was bricked,

it was set with a keycode, and when you punch it in, lol does nothing remeber to carry the simcard remover and a laptop to sync it to unbrick the phone.
or go find an att store and get the nice people their to do it for you!

pls spare me, if i needed to dial 911 or make a call it was worthless.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #18
test54
BlackBerry Master

boy someone's really defensive.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #19
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

sorry but the phones fun but far from a great or awesome device. Each is his own I guess.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #20
deathbyart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Granted I didn't read all the posts but I constantly see remarks doubting iPhone email abilities. I would love to put these to rest, as my friend/co-worker gets work email pushed to his iPhone perfectly. It also looks better on his phone over my Curve...
That was my 2 cents
Closed Thread