BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
icecloud

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Singtel
Exclamation How do i Log in wifi places which requires us to key in password and username?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there,

I have problem using the wifi by hotel network.
Situation.

I am now in radisson hotel which provides free wireless.
I have manage to connect the the wifi but when i go to browser and wishes to insert the username and password it shows "unable to connect to internet, please try again later."

I have another phone using android and it simply shows the log in website which i am able to key in the details.

So please do kindly advice how do i get pass this problem.

Thank you so much
Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: How do i Log in wifi places which requires us to key in password and username?

You need to go to the WIFI log in page with your browser and enter the log in information. You can generally get to the log in screen. If you have the login screen on another device then use that url on the BB.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: How do i Log in wifi places which requires us to key in password and username?

I've had this happen. I turn on wifi and successfully connect, and then launch the browser. Usually the browser will go straight to the hotel's wifi login page. When it doesn't, I click "Wi-Fi Hotspot Login" bookmark in the Wif-Fi Services folder, and that will open the login page. But I've had times where the BlackBerry will not work while another machine (a netbook) does.

For what it's worth, some of these times I have been able to get wifi service on the BlackBerry in other locations in the hotel.

I don't know the answer. I don't know what else to do (other than do a hard reset and try again).
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 02-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
icecloud

Model: 9800
Carrier: Singtel

Hi Guys!!

Thanks for the reply!!

I think i know what is the problem...
The problem is i actually disable the data services at the mobile network options. as i fear it will incur cost as i am overseas.

By doing that actually no data will be running including by wifi.

So in the end i have to actually on it and disable the roaming service.

And it started working.

But now the fear actually it will activate the data roaming overseas...
I have double check on this and some people mention if u see the BB logo is on the rightside of the wifi logo it should be actually on wifi not the 3G service.

Hope this is true.

Thanks again guys will update again if i see a killer bill when i return

Oh and i am using 9800.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

No. If the wi-fi icon is WHITE not GREY, then it should be using wi-fi.

Blackberry logo only appears rightside of 3G, indicating BIS/BES connection through mobile network.

If you set Data services to OFF while Roaming, then if you're roaming on a network, data services are off.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread