BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
ScottyBoy_1989
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default Can't sent messages or recieve messages even with a fully working signal!

Please Login to Remove!

Having a new problem that begun yesterday.

I was talking to a friend on Blackberry Messenger and noticed that sometimes certain letter keys would randomly not work/be input when I typed.

So I did a battery pull to try and sort it out (which it did) but since then, my signal keeps switching to 'SOS' and even when it's NOT on 'SOS' and it's showing the normal signal bars and the '3G' with a little blackberry logo next to it, it still won't let me go on Facebook/Browser or Blackberry Messenger won't even send/receive text messages.

It might eventually sort itself out, but I'm not sure. Every now and then it will work for like, ONE text message and then it stops again.

Don't know what to do?

PS. I can only get it to work when I have it connected to my home WiFi. Without that turned on, it doesn't work at all.

HELP PLEASE! :(

Last edited by ScottyBoy_1989; 12-31-2010 at 10:34 AM..
Old 12-31-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Can't sent messages or recieve messages even with a fully working signal!

There may be two issues.

The keypad problems suggest moisture exposure. It doesn't take much. Sweaty pocket. Humid shower room....

If moisture is a possibility, you need to remove the battery now. Then read Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ. Seriously, do not blow this off.

The problems accessing data service may be a service book problem. But deal with moisture question first. Then see How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Harrison Leggio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Can't sent messages or recieve messages even with a fully working signal!

This may not be relative, but I had this problem with my old samsung gravity. The company said it was something to do with the sim card. I don't know if that helps at all, but try removing the sim card?
Old 12-31-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
ScottyBoy_1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
There may be two issues.

The keypad problems suggest moisture exposure. It doesn't take much. Sweaty pocket. Humid shower room....

If moisture is a possibility, you need to remove the battery now. Then read Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ. Seriously, do not blow this off.

The problems accessing data service may be a service book problem. But deal with moisture question first. Then see How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ.
I don't have the key problem anymore, the battery pull seemed to sort that out. It's the second part of my post that I'm having the problem with. The inability to send or receive messages or go onto any internet based app like facebook or even the browser won't work. Even though the signal bar is full and it shows '3G' with the blackberry icon next to it (as it's supposed to do with my blackberry)

Occasionally it will b stuck on SOS but hasn't been for a while.

Just as I said that, it has turned to the red 'SOS' again.

Last edited by ScottyBoy_1989; 12-31-2010 at 11:03 AM..
Old 12-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Resend service books and see if that is the cure or not.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
ScottyBoy_1989

It doesn't do anything :(
Old 12-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Ok, let's back up. You have a blackberry data plan, the data plan specifically for blackberry? It sounded to me like you do.

And you are able to access blackberry services on wifi, but only sometimes on the mobile network.

What specifically does and does not work?

Have you tried setting the mobile network mode to 2G only?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
ScottyBoy_1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Ok, let's back up. You have a blackberry data plan, the data plan specifically for blackberry? It sounded to me like you do.

And you are able to access blackberry services on wifi, but only sometimes on the mobile network.

What specifically does and does not work?

Have you tried setting the mobile network mode to 2G only?
Yeah, I have a data plan. I'm on Vodafone and have had my blackberry since Christmas day 2009.

With it connected to my WiFi at home, I can access everything. I can talk to people on Blackberry Messenger, I can use the Facebook app, I can go on the Internet Browser and I can send text messages, etc.

But as soon as I turn off the WiFi, or go somewhere where it can't reach/pick up my WiFi signal. None of the above works. I can OCCASIONALLY send a text or a Blackberry Message, but then the next text/sentence I type comes up with the red cross/red clock.

The signal bar usually looks normal, with the 3G showing and a full signal. Sometimes it goes to the red SOS and doesn't change back unless I reset the connection.

Basically I can only use my phone when it's connected to the WiFi.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

It's over my head now. Maybe it's an issue with the 3G service right now in your area. That's why I suggested trying a switch to 2G only, to see what happens.

In the case it is boogered software, you could reinstall the OS, or upgrade, and see if that fixes things.

Last if it were me would be a call to the carrier to have my account doublechecked on their end, or whatever else they may be able to do.
Closed Thread