Old 07-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
berrydeezz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Am I the only one with these problems

Please Login to Remove!

Ok well about once a day I can only see 10 percent of my screen and have to do a battery pull. To help you picture it when the phone is in the normal view and you have you 5 icons across the bottom. That part of the screen I can see but anything above just stays black.

Second my gps can never pinpoint where I am, this maybe a sprint issue but it always gives me about 1700 meters away and does not update that fast. I am using google maps and on my 8830 I never had these problems.

Probably going to have them send me another one, could be software. God I wish I would of stuck with the palm pre.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrydeezz View Post
Ok well about once a day I can only see 10 percent of my screen and have to do a battery pull. To help you picture it when the phone is in the normal view and you have you 5 icons across the bottom. That part of the screen I can see but anything above just stays black.

Second my gps can never pinpoint where I am, this maybe a sprint issue but it always gives me about 1700 meters away and does not update that fast. I am using google maps and on my 8830 I never had these problems.

Probably going to have them send me another one, could be software. God I wish I would of stuck with the palm pre.
Don't u dare say palm pre in this forum!!!....lol..jk, it is a good phone. Don't give up yet though. Just let them know its a hardware issue and not software because u keep pulling the battery and it won't go away. They'll replace it don't worry, just backup all ur infor and you'll have a good working BB in no time. Its not that big of a deal.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrydeezz View Post

And as far as gps goes, check and make sure you have it enabled. Go into options>advance options>gps and make sure it says enabled and "Location On" in the Gps services option.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!

Last edited by xxDruMMer BoYxx; 07-22-2009 at 01:49 PM..
Old 07-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

If you can only see part of your screen that's a hardware issue. Take it back for repairs/exchange.

If your GPS gives you no better than 1700 meters, you're talking a mile radius. Clearly GPS is not enabled. Try it with BlackBerry Maps instead.
Closed Thread