Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #61
Good_Guy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon/Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

guinda and cdubya..

I am trying to stay away from cdubya's post as it is completely off-topic and I don't want to hijack this thread. With that being said, the issues with the i730 are NOT being ignored. The i730 as a device has some issues, though please don't take that as to say it is the device, not GoodLink as that is not, as is evidenced by the thread cdubya posted, the case. Being that I support Sprint, I was not aware of the i730 issues. I spoke with people on our Verizon team and yes, there are some issues, however, there are also many users of the device that have had no issues at all. Again, please don't take this as my belittleing the concerns, however, people with issues tend to speak up more than those that don't. The Sprint 6600 is fully supported and does not have the issue cdubya brought up. I have several customers very happy with it on those devices.

All the being said, I did send a note to our Product Manager for version 4.7 and directed him to the thread. He was aware of the thread and told me that many of the issues being seen on the i730 are being addressed in the new release. Which ones, I don't know. I considered getting on the PDAPhoneHome board/thread, however, I tend to think it may be counter produvtive at this point and time.

The bottom line is we have thousands and thousands of customer running GoodLink on a myriad of devices. Are they all 100% happy? I wish I could say they were, but in reality, they aren't. I can also say the same with BB users. No software is perfect, no solution is perfect. We are (as is RIMM, I am sure) trying, though.

Again, trying to stay on topic here, any other questions or comments about this issue in particular, I think should be PM'd.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:49 AM   #62
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just have one comment, Good_Guy...

IT'S R.I.M. Research In Motion! There's only one "M" in the abbreviation RIM! For Pete's sake, RIM is imprinted, correctly abbreviated, on the back of almost every BlackBerry!!!

Sorry, but that extra "M" has quickly become a pet peeve of mine!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 11-17-2005, 07:02 AM   #63
writergal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Rogers

RIMM is the symbol for the NYSE....
Old 11-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #64
Good_Guy

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon/Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance
I just have one comment, Good_Guy...

IT'S R.I.M. Research In Motion! There's only one "M" in the abbreviation RIM! For Pete's sake, RIM is imprinted, correctly abbreviated, on the back of almost every BlackBerry!!!

Sorry, but that extra "M" has quickly become a pet peeve of mine!
JTC...

I know the name of the company and the abbreviation. RIMM is the stock symbol. Force of habit.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:45 AM   #65
14pups

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by writergal
RIMM is the symbol for the NYSE....
NO. "RIMM" is the ticker symbol for the NASDAQ. The stock trades on NASDAQ and not the NYSE.

And in Canada it trades on the TSE under the ticker symbol "RIM".

Not trying to be a wisenheimer, just trying to be set the record straight.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:58 AM   #66
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Guy
JTC...

I know the name of the company and the abbreviation. RIMM is the stock symbol. Force of habit.
I see. I did not know that. Ya learn something new every day!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 11-18-2005, 12:35 AM   #67
cdubya

Model: 7280
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Guy
guinda and cdubya..
I am trying to stay away from cdubya's post as it is completely off-topic and I don't want to hijack this thread.
In all seriousness, this topic was hijacked after the first few posts. The thread is titled "U.S. judge says RIM patent case stay unlikely". Yet most posts, like yours, have talked about Good's/RIM's features, issues, pricing, basic pros/cons, etc. I don't mind that, because the thread had already turned that way. But its a pretty funny case of the "pot calling the kettle black". You have towed the company line pretty well here (and I think that is fine). But other opinions are vital to someone else who may be considering one of these solutions.

The topic mainly started talking about BES vs Good deployments and what people were experiencing. So since I have had such widespread issues with Good deployments across dozens of devices I wanted my opinion to be known that Good does not have the software know-how or customer support model to earn my trust as a reliable ongoing concern.

You mention a point in your last post that supports my opinion. The thread I mentioned full of extremely frustrated users has been active for months. The fact that you then tell us that your Product Manager was aware of these threads but for some reason refuses to log in and throw us a bone is more evidence of the lack of concern for customers with issues. It is easy to say that there are lots of satisfied customers. I know you guys have plenty as well as does RIM. There is no real effort in supporting clients that are having no problems. But in my opinion a company shows its true colors in the way it handles those paying customers who are not having positive experiences with their product. I at least applaud that you have joined these forums to try and help/sell folks. Most other Good users get zero proactive support. Good knows that these dozens of issues are out there but they do not contact their customer base nor post solutions on their web site. I cannot tell you how many times the only answer I have seen to a user's issue is, "well, version 4.x is due out soon and hopefully will address your issues". It always seems to be the "devices" fault although every other 3rd party software works fine with the devices.

As for not having any problems with the Sprint 6600s again I must say that you guys are not in touch with your user base. The 6600 (except for the extended ROM and the camera) is the same HTC Blue Angel device issued by Sprint, Verizon and Cingular. They absolutely have a myriad of problems as evidenced in dozens of threads like these:
http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...hlight=good%2A

And this is not just a windows OS issue. For example look at this 59 page thread on TreoCentral (looks like you may have started this thread).
http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...6&page=1&pp=20
Every page in this thread has at least one, usually more, post(s) talking about problems with the application. And the thread has only been open since 2/05.

I just want people to do their research before investing in either of these debated solutions. Don't listen to me and especially don't listen to a company man. There are plenty of real world cases out there to learn from.

GoodLuck (which, by the way, is what we call GoodLink software...cause that's what you'll need to make it work for you. I just had to throw that last one in there

Last edited by cdubya; 11-18-2005 at 01:08 AM..
Old 11-21-2005, 02:33 PM   #68
bbcruiser

Model: 8700

Seems like we have a copy-cat here with CW6447. So do you really thinks this is a way to get any problems resolved? It is obvious that Cdubya is a Rim employee or is trying to deceive others about Goodlink. After doing a little research on all the info you posted it seems like you are the same person as CW6447. This may not be true but I think that this is way out of line and just pathetic for you guys to act this way.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #69
MarvinK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C
Carrier: Cingular

Well, I have to agree---most aspects of old Blackberry hardware has been very reliable. Software is reliable, too. Unfortunately, the old hardware is sadly outdated... my 7100 runs more like a 486 running Windows 2000 or something. Selecting more than a screen full of emails is painful. Sometimes screen lags are so bad, you'd think you were on a slow terminal connection... waiting for clicks and scrolls to catch up.

I have high hopes for the new hardware. I also hope RIM can avoid the reliability issues others have had with modern hardware. I suspect at least some of their problems are quality control, while others are the complexity of PocketPC/Palm software (and the much larger range of hardware and software options). It will be interesting to see how RIM does with the faster hardware and (presumably) bigger catalog of third-party softwares to come.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:39 AM   #70
cdubya

Model: 7280
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcruiser
After doing a little research on all the info you posted it seems like you are the same person as CW6447.
Congratulations Einstein, you broke the secret code...and without a decoder ring!! How did you guess that cdubya and CW6447 were the same?

Obviously power users surf around all of the popular forums looking for or providing info. I AM also cw6447 on the pdaphonehome forums as well as many other forums. If you look at all of my posts there you will quickly see that I am only interested in getting good information out to the user world and not trying to sell anyone on anything. I do not work for RIM. I already mentioned that we use RIM devices and also said that they are very feature poor. They are really only good for email. Their calendar and contact options have been very poor to date.

I am not going to sit idly by while a Good employee or anyone else puts information out to the public that I feel is not representative of the real world implementation of the product in question. I find it odd that you would more readily trust a salesman than the dozens of users who have used the products first hand. If you research the topic objectively you cannot possibly conclude anything other than this is a software with a lot of issues. Yes, it does have some good merits going for it. I love the fact that I can get my corporate email remotely and see my calendar real time. But it does this at the expense of almost everything else that is "multimedia" about my device. Please do your research before posting. It will keep you from looking silly.
Closed Thread