DRW1

Model: BOLD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Smile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2smov View Post
12/18/2009 Low Speaker Ringer Sound Volume Blackberry Bold 9000 compared to original settings fix

Not sure if my method was or was not mentioned. As I saw the tape/card methods being thrown around that keyed me to the problem area.

THE FIX: Without taking my phone apart (forgive ME I'm not technical with the phone parts) i found the problem with the low volume was in the light gray part with the flash and the black rivet looking things(the grey flash box is my name for it). at the top of the grey box theres a thin gap (as if u wanted to pull the grey part off from the top) and I simply took a thin object (razor, paper clip or something hard and slimmer than a butter knife) and just BARELY started moving it around as a song played to see if it affected anything and it did. It needed to be pulled away just a bit so I took a post-it note and follded it til about 4 ply and wedged it.

My phone is back to its normal loud ring

Hope that helps and let me know if it works for you!
2SMOV: You are a genius, amigo! Slipped razor blade less than a millimetre in and volume is now back to normal. Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:55 AM   #22
djkevykev818

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
12/18/2009 Low Speaker Ringer Sound Volume Blackberry Bold 9000 compared to original settings fix

Not sure if my method was or was not mentioned. As I saw the tape/card methods being thrown around that keyed me to the problem area.

THE FIX: Without taking my phone apart (forgive ME I'm not technical with the phone parts) i found the problem with the low volume was in the light gray part with the flash and the black rivet looking things(the grey flash box is my name for it). at the top of the grey box theres a thin gap (as if u wanted to pull the grey part off from the top) and I simply took a thin object (razor, paper clip or something hard and slimmer than a butter knife) and just BARELY started moving it around as a song played to see if it affected anything and it did. It needed to be pulled away just a bit so I took a post-it note and follded it til about 4 ply and wedged it.

You're a god gamn genius GUMP!!!! ... WORKS PERFECTLY!!!! I actually wedged a small piece of paper between ... and it SOOO LOUD ... the sound is piercing ... lol ... THANKS!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #23
TRmartin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310

Why don't you guys just fix the problem instead of putting a bandaid on it. The cardboard etc etc ony exerts the pressure needed to bend a solder lead away from the speaker on the PCB board. Take the back cover off, unscrew the t6 torx screws, find your culprit solder lead and bend it away from the speaker.

Problem fixed now you dont have to tape shit to your phone... kinda caveman like hunh?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #24
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

well for one, taking the phone apart voids warranty, and most people who suffer from problems, don't want to do this.
If they can fix it without taking the phone apart, then its all the better for them.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #25
TRmartin

Model: 8310

What good is a warranty if they won't take the phone back and replace it for this well known problem then? conundrum...

Anyway not the point - I see yours. Happy New Year.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #26
phalpern

Model: 8700g
Carrier: t-mobile

Had a user with this very same issue. Could not hear his phone ring. All sound was very low, could barely hear it up to ear.

Tried all the "fixes" here, but ended up swapping the battery cover with another Bold and that fixed it. May not work for all issues, but it did work here!

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #27
VentureForth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Excellent thread. Not too worried about taping or gluing or jerry-rigging something so long as it's INSIDE the case.

Note - At the top of the grey plastic around the flash, there two little holes with a lighter grey rubber spacer in between. DO NOT wedge anything between that spacer and the grey plastic around the flash - it will disable the speaker completely. It's not a harrowing thing - remove the wedge and it works fine. I just stuck a corner of my business card in one of the holes and it seems to be doing well.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #28
Nicholasdk

Carrier: Vodacom

Quote:
This works like a charm! My sound is crazy load again! I've missed so many calls due to this speak problem, was so soft it barely rang, it's super charged now.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #29
muddo

Carrier: Telstra
Talking Speaker volume fixed!

2smov is right - although you can simply use your finger nail.

I just fixed this problem and the low volume was annoying me for days!

The trick is to use the media player to play a song and while it is playing, apply slight pressure with your finger nail to the top of the gray rectangle with the camera flash in it.

Hey presto! Volume restored! No need to take the BB apart or risk voiding the warranty.

Thanks to all who posted this fix
Old 02-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #30
marthasdaddy

Model: Bold
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:

MANY THANKS!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #31
regina helton

Model: bold
Unhappy Bold external speaker problems

UGH! I have actually returned my Bold 3 times now for what was supposedly 'external speakers blown'. NOBODY at AT&T would acknowledge that there was a problem! When I got on to this forum I found out that I am not alone! I put a folded piece of paper between my battery and the back and the speakers work! THANK YOU! I believe that over time in the magnetic cases, from Blackberry, pressure pushes the back in. One of my children has the same phone, but hardly ever puts hers in the magnetic case and she has never had a problem. She has actually had hers much longer than I have had all 3 together! Her case is not as tight as mine is. WHY HAS AT&T NOT FOUND THIS OUT!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #32
bruceleeroy

Model: Bold

that worked for me. awesome fix.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #33
tsa7gr

Carrier: cosmote
Default Bold 9000 conversation

Hi.
My Bold 9000 the problem is during phone call i canot hearing.The other phone can hearing me very good.
Thanks
Tsa
Old 04-30-2010, 01:18 AM   #34
cyberbeatz

Model: 8830
Carrier: Bell

I just followed the instructions, using my fingernail and it worked like a charm. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #35
lawchick22

Carrier: Bell Aliant

I'm having kind of the same problem with my speakers on my phone. The alarm and music seems to be at an ok volume and I can hear the phone and tone rings if the phone is right next to me, but if I have it in my purse or its anyway noisy around me, I can't hear my phone ring! I tried the piece of paper trick, but didn't seem to do any good. I'll keep trying different alternatives I guess.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #36
jesse096
Thumbs Must Hurt

Actually I have reason to believe (might be just on my phone) that the speaker holes cut out on the battery door are too small, blocking most of the sound... I can push and pull on my phone all day and it won't change the speaker volume....

-Jesse
Old 05-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #37
lawchick22

Carrier: Bell Aliant

Quote:

Can you post a picture of the location you are talking about??
Old 05-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #38
jesse096
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:

I just tried this, but with pushing on it... it does seem to be the problem. The battery door is pushing on mine just enough to cause the problem, but if I push on it a little more the problem goes away... I'm just gonna buy a new mid section since I'm going to be changing my housing anyway...

-Jesse
Old 05-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #39
HarleyRider2006

Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
I put a small piece if cardboard right below the top of the battery and my volume is way better than before. I have also read people are using a piece from an old credit card in the same location.
I tried the credit card it worked great too bad such a great device has this flaw
Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 AM   #40
vishaldm

Carrier: Vodafone - Mumbai

Quote:

BRILLIANT!!!!! mwaaah mwaaah...love you for this buddy.

I wish its permanent solution and hope i dont have to repeat this too often!
Closed Thread