BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Hunter5117
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700G
Default Help any Entourage/BES Experts out there??

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry for cross-posting this, I am getting lots of looks but no answers in the Mac forum.

I am a 3 week noob to using BB. As a Mac user I realized the potential problems but have been willing to work with it. Anyway, my email/PIM is Entourage. After messing with many BIS and bcc'ing, I finally purchased an outside MS Exchange/BES hosting service which I really like just for keeping contacts/calendar synced between the BB and my 2 macs but would like it to do everything it is advertised to do.

Problem is that I can't get the emails I send from Entourage to sync to the Sent Items folder on the BB. For me this is critical because I am frequently out of the office with only my BB and need to be able to refer to emails I've sent out. I have folder redirection setup correctly and have re-activated the BB with the BES server 3 times, wiping the BB and removing/restoring my profile on the BES server each time.

I have searched the various support sites, read the MS whitepapers, installation guides, etc. MS even has a Blackberry problems section in their Entourage/Exchange guide and this is not mentioned.

Can anyone tell me if this problem is unique to me or is this really a shortcoming of Entourage with BB. Surely someone other than me must find this a necessary feature. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
tomryan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

This is a bug in entourage.. MS needs to fix which I would interpret to mean it will never happy/happen (I guess I am not happy) :(

Last edited by tomryan; 06-17-2006 at 01:17 PM..
Old 07-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
taftwatson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

This is how the sycn works. For some reason, bb won't sync all data in the sent folder. This happens to all users on BES servers. If its sent from the bb, it will sync with the bb. If its sent from the desktop, it will not be synced to the bb.its not a mac problem, but a sync/rim problem that has been a issue for years.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Hunter5117
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700G

Quote:
Originally Posted by taftwatson
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

This is how the sycn works. For some reason, bb won't sync all data in the sent folder. This happens to all users on BES servers. If its sent from the bb, it will sync with the bb. If its sent from the desktop, it will not be synced to the bb.its not a mac problem, but a sync/rim problem that has been a issue for years.
Do you mean this is all email clients with BES servers, all Exchange users, or is it still limited to using Entourage/Exchange/BES. Your last comment suggests it is not just Entourage but all email users.

If so, I am amazed.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:44 AM   #5
sphen

Model: 7130c
Carrier: cingular

as i understand from by BES host, the sent messages from the desktop show most definitely sync with the blackberry. it seems that through a problem with entourage and how it marks the sent messages when it puts them onto the server. they have contacted RIM abotu the problem and their response was that they dont support entourage.

microsoft really needs to fix this and sync tasks as well!
Old 07-18-2006, 06:47 AM   #6
Dirky
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphen
as i understand from by BES host, the sent messages from the desktop show most definitely sync with the blackberry. it seems that through a problem with entourage and how it marks the sent messages when it puts them onto the server. they have contacted RIM abotu the problem and their response was that they dont support entourage.

microsoft really needs to fix this and sync tasks as well!
And memos
Closed Thread