powercx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_bb8800 View Post
Are you using encryption on your SD Card within your BB? If so you need to copy the file of the SD Card via the blackberry desktop manager as it will de-encrypt the file. Then rename it and it should work, I did you same thing.
That solves it, thanks.
Blackberry 8800 - Past
Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 AM   #122
lilitiki
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitiki View Post
help - when I hit attach email - it opens my pictures folder from my sd card and there is NO WAY to move it out of this folder to the one I set up containing the three exported files from the tracker (sd card/new folder). How the heck does one browse folders to send attachments on this thing if you don't want to send a jpg?

Anyone?

thanks.
still hoping someone can help me out here.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #123
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Go to Messages. Then compose an email. Press the menu key and select "attach file." Then browse to the file you are wanting to attach.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #124
lilitiki
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Go to Messages. Then compose an email. Press the menu key and select "attach file." Then browse to the file you are wanting to attach.
Thanks John... that much I know how to do.

My issue is that it is only letting me browse through the pictures folder on the sd card. No way to browse off of that. I can't get out of that file when I go to attach a file on a message (I never attach files, so that's why I think this seems to be surprising me...) how can I get attach file to move to the New Folder I made with the exported track files (I can see them when I go to Media, so I know they're there...)
Old 09-12-2007, 04:23 AM   #125
aminUK
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: vodafone

Hello everyone,
I have been keeping an eye on this thread as I am about to make a transition from a windows mobile platform into the world of BB. I am expecting my new 8310 any minute today from Vodafone courtesy of a free upgrade . My main motivation was of course the GPS. I am a keen runner and love to use every possible gadget that I can afford to motivate me to keep running, ( I already use the nike sensor with the ipod nano for speed and distance) but lately I have been keen on immersing into the world of gps. Reading through this thread I am wondering if this software would be good for my runs. Would love to come home after a run and view my route and elevations and speed and the locations that I have been on google earth. I do run in the woods sometimes, its a huge area, am extremely lucky to be living around such a natural conservation area Ruislip Lido, Hillingdon[Water+Feature]&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf so I make use of the are for my runs and biking. Would this software be good for that? Subject to satelite reception of course, but I am hoping it would be good. Am rubbing my hands in antecipation already awaiting delivery so I can charge it, load the software and go for a spin,, any comments pls. By the way, great site.
thanks
Amin
Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 AM   #126
saua
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hy,

I'm the author of bbTracker, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt

bbTracker should be good for your use case, as the reason I wrote is was that I wanted a tool for a similar use case (I'm inline skating). Viewing on Google Earth works just fine.

Unfortunately development is a bit stalled currently, but the current version 0.4.1 should be quite usable already.

If you find any feature that you were expecting or that you wish was there is missing then please don't hessitate to report that as an issue or look if that request has already been filed.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:16 AM   #127
aminUK

saua
thanks very much. I have just got the 8310 delivered to the door a few minutes ago. Cant wait to use load the software. I am a newbie to GPS but definitely a tec freak . I can tell you with assurance, there is going to be a heck lot of people wanting to use such softwares to map their runs and rides. runners, cyclists and other sporting people definitely will look forward to this. You just need to have a quick glance at some running sites to notice it.
I am about to install it on my 8310 and give it a shot. thanks again for such a great work
Amin
Old 09-12-2007, 07:28 AM   #128
saua
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

I've already noticed that there is quite some demand for such a tool. I've got a small script that tells me how many downloads I've had for each version each day and the last output looks like this:

0.2.0: 20 (20+0)
0.2.1: 17 (17+0)
0.2.2: 154 (154+0)
0.3.0: 112 (112+0)
0.3.1: 74 (74+0)
0.3.2: 164 (164+0)
0.4.0: 164 (147+17)
0.4.1: 383 (340+43)

The first number is the total the numbers in parenthesis are jar and cod files respectively. And since I've also postet bbTracker on getjar.com another ~ 350 downloads can be added to these numbers. Of course I don't know if all those downloads where successful (probably not), but it gives a good general number.

I've got an average of about 70 visitors each day (more when I've just released a new version )

I just thought those numbers might be interesting, I personally love those kind of stats
Old 09-12-2007, 07:57 AM   #129
Duckrow

Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by saua View Post
I've already noticed that there is quite some demand for such a tool. I've got a small script that tells me how many downloads I've had for each version each day and the last output looks like this:

0.2.0: 20 (20+0)
0.2.1: 17 (17+0)
0.2.2: 154 (154+0)
0.3.0: 112 (112+0)
0.3.1: 74 (74+0)
0.3.2: 164 (164+0)
0.4.0: 164 (147+17)
0.4.1: 383 (340+43)

The first number is the total the numbers in parenthesis are jar and cod files respectively. And since I've also postet bbTracker on getjar.com another ~ 350 downloads can be added to these numbers. Of course I don't know if all those downloads where successful (probably not), but it gives a good general number.

I've got an average of about 70 visitors each day (more when I've just released a new version )

I just thought those numbers might be interesting, I personally love those kind of stats
I am not surprised; it must give a great feeling of achievement having written the program. I get a bit of a sense of achievement from just downloading and installing it.
I have upgraded the os of my 8700g To 4.2.1.101 and bbtracker 0.41 works much better now. I no longer need to reset the blackberry after exiting the application to start a new track. Strangely, it didn't pick up the elevation, speed or direction on one track, but I haven't been able to repeat the problem. If you want me to test the program on an older OS I could perhaps downgrade back and test it. Just send a message. If it works well on older blackberrys it could give them a second life as standalone pedometers.
By the way, AminUk let us know how it goes. I may want to upgrade to the 8310 when O2 do it.
Many thanks
Old 09-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #130
aminUK

saua
I have several friends online who would be interested in this program. We get together on forums for runners. I will drop a line in a few sites regarding this. Now with mobile phones starting to have GPS very commonly there will be a huge interest in this. You just have to look into the Nike sensor success which in fact just calculates few things and rather not very accurately in order to realise how many people love to analyse their workout runs. Almost all runners in the forums I am involved use google map and mapmyrun constantly.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #131
lilitiki
Thumbs Must Hurt

I am an avid runner and was hoping to use the program alongside my runs. But cannot successfully export the data (see above posts). Shame.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #132
aminUK

saua
I have been using the program for the past 24 hours and its fantastic. There are a few features that you might want to add, if possible of course. Have a look at Join the running revolution! - RUNNER+ am not sure if you will be able to access the data without registering though, but its worth a crack. If at least some of those features are incorporated into the software I can just about visualise lots of runners (including myself obviously) leaving all the other gadgets at home and just taking the mobile with gps and activate the bbtracker for our runs. Its simple and straightforward. For me, one thing that would make it THE GADGET for my runs would be if I were able to see my runs on the map (google or any other one, or even just on my pc) and see my pace broken down in miles or km and be able to check my average speed for individual miles or km. Just an idea though, but I must say, this is a great program and I like using it as it is even.
Amin
Old 09-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #133
pilot1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: Ball Wizard
Default GPS connection problem (GlobalSat 359)

Hi Saua,

I downloaded your program yesterday to my 8100 and I have only been able to get it to read the GPS a couple of times. I and using a GlobalSat 359. It finds the GPS on all other programs(BBMaps, Nav4All, Google Maps) just fine, but with bbTracker it just sits there. I have the settings to Initialize GPS on start up. I did get it to track twice, but do not know why it did then and not every time. Any help with this would be great. I love the idea of this program, it is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you,

Mike Andrews
Old 09-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #134
infinus

AminUK,

How do you carry the phone when you run? A pocket? Just curious. I've found bbtracker fairly useful. The only time it has let me down was when I went hiking. It wasn't the programs fault however, my phone could not pick up GPS through all the trees!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:07 AM   #135
Duckrow

Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinus View Post
AminUK,

How do you carry the phone when you run? A pocket? Just curious. I've found bbtracker fairly useful. The only time it has let me down was when I went hiking. It wasn't the programs fault however, my phone could not pick up GPS through all the trees!
I have seen gps being sold on ebay that claim to get a signal even from under the drivers seat. The one I have only works if sitting in the corner of the windscreen so apart from the glass it has the sky straight above it. As built in Satnavs are set somewhere inside the car's dashboard I suppose some gps devices can pick up the signal when obscured by stuff. Perhaps trees. Would the 8800 work with a bluetooth gps? A bit belt and braces I know.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #136
aminUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinus View Post
AminUK,

Infinus

I am absolutely impressed with my new 8310. I have been using it for just 3 days now and although I havent done my usual run in the woods yet I am sure the handset will pick up the signal under the trees. The reason I say this with relative assurance is because it picks up the signal in my house even in one of the rooms where the closest window is more than 4 m away. I have a tom tom 300 and it struggles to get a signal until I go out and put it on my dashboard in the car, but the 8310 gets the signal within seconds of me activating the GPS. I guess it must be the handset which makes it good for signal capture. It definitely rates better than even the TomTom in that matter.
About carrying it while running, I use one of those pouches that I tie it on my arm, similar to those Nano plus carriers. I am in the UK and managed to get the pouch from one of the sports shops. I must say that I haven't tried it yet, on my runs, just got it 3 days ago, but today I am due for my run so am going to test it. Will let you know how it goes. I hope the handset being inside the pouch doesn't obstruct the signal. I wouldn't think so as its just elasticated piece of cloth.
Amin
Old 09-14-2007, 08:32 AM   #137
infinus

Yep, mine receives signal in my house too. The 8800 is the most sensitive gps receiver I've ever owned. That's why I was very surprised when it couldn't pick up signal under the trees. These trees were very large and thick. No direct sunlight reached the trails we were on.

edit: Also note that it's fairly hilly at these trails, so even assuming a clear view of the sky my choice of satellites on these trails is probably limited to ones more overhead rather than any more towards the horizon. May have affected my ability to see enough satellites.

Last edited by infinus; 09-14-2007 at 08:34 AM..
Old 09-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #138
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

My Freedom Mini and BT-359 both will work even if in the glove box.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #139
UCLAKoolman

Carrier: Cingular

I know others have requested this already, but could you please add average speed and maximum speed to the statistics screen. This is the only serious issue I have with this program.

Adding average speed and max speed would make my blackberry the perfect cycling computer.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:29 AM   #140
aminUK

I keen getting the following message everytime I try to change the opening screen in the "Option" menu "Uncaught exception: java lang. NullPointerException"
It used to work fine. Any ideas please?

Saua, Also I would like to congratulate you on the great piece of software. I uploaded my gpx file in the Bimactive.com site and the details are exceptional. All the data I wanted including my mile per mile speed and average is there and the site allows me to add my heart rate and lots of other details. This is really cool, just what I wanted, anything extra that comes will be just a bonus.
Amin
Closed Thread