BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Default Does anyone use Time Matters with a BlackBerry?

Please Login to Remove!

Just curious. I plan to start using it again soon and wanted to hear from someone about their experience with syncing.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:09 AM   #2
Jase88

Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility

I've not heard of this. Do you have more details?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:28 AM   #3
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase88
I've not heard of this. Do you have more details?
It's a case management program, mostly for attorneys - the best there is.

www.timematters.com
Old 12-31-2005, 06:02 PM   #4
rollinsb

Model: 7100i
Default blackberry 7520 and now 7100

i have used a 7520 with TM/BM for about 6 months. I just bought a 7100 and am trying to install the add-ins......can't remember how. So, I am marginally familiar in some aspects.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:43 PM   #5
Spanky1

Model: 7520
Default Tm

I would be very interested in how it works out. I'm not an attorney, but I supervise 20 investigators in law enforcement. I am looking for my first Blackberry and this would work great for case management with quick access for the powers to be who need to know everything.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:57 PM   #6
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky1
I would be very interested in how it works out. I'm not an attorney, but I supervise 20 investigators in law enforcement. I am looking for my first Blackberry and this would work great for case management with quick access for the powers to be who need to know everything.
Let me tell you, this is the best case management program out there. I have tried them all - Act!, Outlook, Now up to Date & Contact, DayLite, ProLaw, etc. - and Time Matters smokes them all. I imagine the BlackBerry sync will work well with it, and if it does, you can't go wrong. Just my $.02.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:35 AM   #7
Spanky1

Model: 7520
Default Tm

Ouch, the Time Matters software cost more than the Blackberry itself
Old 03-14-2006, 12:58 AM   #8
jr39
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Anyone using a hosted BES with Time Matters?

Would like to switch back to Time Matters from Outlook, but want to continue using a hosted Blackberry Enterprise Server (like MailStreet.com) rather than setting up my own.

Time Matters salesperson & support tech say they know of no 3rd party hosted BES for Time Matters -- that I would have to set up my own.

Google & BBForum search didn't provide any leads. Anyone know of a 3rd party hosted BES for Time Matters? I really hope there is one out there.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:10 AM   #9
Seattle18

I am using www.link2exchange.com right now. I switched to them from exchangemymail because EMM would not help me try to get Apple Mail working with the BES, and link2exchange was willing to do anything they could to help. After a couple hours of trying different settings, which I got from their 24 hour tech support line, I got it working! So, this kind of dedicated support leads me to believe that they will do whatever needs to be done to get it working for you. Really, it shouldn't be that hard. As long as you have TM Enterprise, and not Professional, it should work with some pretty standard settings. TM Enterprise supports Exchange accounts, and a hosted BES is really just utilizing an Exchange account and syncing it with the BB. So what will happen is that your TM will not be actually synciung with the BB directly, it will be syncing with the Exchange server hosted by link2exchange, and the BB will also be syncing with the Exchange server. So everything ends up synced, just through the Exchange server at link2exchange.

Also, TM can directly sync with the BB through a USB cable. I tried it a few months ago just for the hell of it and it worked. It will actually load new icons onto the BB, one each for Matters, Contacts, To Dos, Calendar, etc., and it uses TM specific icons so they stand out real nicely. I don't know about whether you can sync those through the BES, but I just wanted to let you know your options.

BTW, if you go with link2exchange and it for some reason does not work (which I doubt), they will refund your money within 30 days of starting the acct. Let me know if you get it working. As a new attorney I really need something like this so I can utilize my two favorite tech items - my BB 8700c and Time Matters!
Old 03-14-2006, 01:38 AM   #10
jr39

Default Thanks Seattle18

I'll look into it in the morning and post what I find out.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #11
jr39

Default Update

Jeff from Link2Exchange called this morning to report that techs at L2E and Time Matters are trying to find a work-around so Time Matters can sync on a hosted Exchange server. Currently this is not possible.

If they do come up with something, it may work only for customers using the Enterprise Edition of Time Matters.

No promises, but the folks at L2E do seem dedicated to making it work somehow as you said they would, Seattle18. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2006, 05:43 PM   #12
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr39
Jeff from Link2Exchange called this morning to report that techs at L2E and Time Matters are trying to find a work-around so Time Matters can sync on a hosted Exchange server. Currently this is not possible.

If they do come up with something, it may work only for customers using the Enterprise Edition of Time Matters.

No promises, but the folks at L2E do seem dedicated to making it work somehow as you said they would, Seattle18. Thanks!
I gotta hand it to them. They have gone above and beyond more than once with their customers, more than I have seen elsewhere thus far. In my book, customer service goes a LONG way.

As for TM, I'm sure it will work only with Enterprise - that's the one you need to do any type of syncing, but that's ok, it's more stable than Professional anyway. Please keep me posted.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:43 PM   #13
bmblum

Model: poser
Carrier: tmo

Anything new to report on syncing Time Matters on a hosted exchange server?
Old 04-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #14
jr39

Default Nothing New

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmblum
Anything new to report on syncing Time Matters on a hosted exchange server?
Last communication was phone call from Jeff at Link2Exchange on 3/22.

Don't have time to follow up right now.

If you'd like to, you can reach him at 866-885-2435.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #15
jr39

Default Send email message to TimeMatters

Just spoke w/ Jeff @ Link2Exchange. He said TimeMatters has no plans to make Enterprise Server edition work w/ hosted exchange server.

Then spoke w/ sales rep at LexisNexis/TimeMatters. She recommended I send request to development team at [email address].

It stands to reason that the more requests they receive for this functionality, the more likely it will be added to their development plan. We need to say essentially the same thing - something like ...

"Need TimeMatters Enterprise edition to work with *hosted* Blackberry Enterprise Server. Over-the-air synchronization a must but do not have our own BES/Exchange Server. Our BES host is Link2Exchange.com. Recommend you work with them."

Just emailed my request.

- JR

Last edited by jr39; 05-11-2006 at 01:24 PM..
Old 05-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #16
Seattle18

Just sent mine too. Hope they listen. Full sync and integration between TM and BES would be an attorney's dream cometrue. Especially if they allow the sync to use the TM icons that it puts on your BB when set up. Being able to go into my TM contacts/email/matters, etc, separately from native BB ones would be great!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:11 PM   #17
jlaw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Any news on this? Trying to get my firm to purchase our own BES but it's not looking good. Myself and a couple other attorneys here want full sync of TM... like Seattle18 said, it'd be a dream come true. TM is a lifesaver.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #18
jr39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaw
Any news on this?
No, jlaw. Haven't heard a thing from either Link2Exchange or TimeMatters.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #19
57 MGA

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default TM Version 8 no better?

Are there any new answers on synchronizing Time Matters with BB? I bought Version 8 of TM because I was told it would be smooth but find the opposite. I'm almost ready (but not quite) to go back to my Palm. I love the other features of the BB, but using the calendar and contacts just does not work well. Any advice?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #20
doug5B

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Synch Troubles

I have a BB 8830 and Time Matters 7.0 without the enterprise server. I've been trying for three months to get them to synch correctly. No luck so far. For some reason, every week or two, an event does not transfer to my BB making the calendar useless. If the next round of tech support doesn't resolve, I'm giving up. Has anyone had better luck? What did you do?
Closed Thread