Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 02:42 AM   #1
gorillag

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default Orange & BB Maps

Please Login to Remove!

Just to ley everyone know I had a conversation with the help people around BB Maps fist of all got hte not enabled rubbish then they called back asked a whole load of questions then went away and came back and said that from the 02 nd September they were going to send out Orange Maps to everyone free of charge.

I kept on going saying I bought this because it said it came with BB maps and I don't have it now etc etc. They are going to call me back will let everyone know the outcome.

Cheers
Old 08-31-2008, 06:04 AM   #2
DJBoozy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: ifone
PIN: no more, Imessage :(
Carrier: Orange UK Business

*shrugs*

Been using Google Maps for weeks now, havent had any problems with it
Old 08-31-2008, 08:53 AM   #3
nickcooper123

Model: 8800
Carrier: voda

Thats awesome news. Can't wait for 2nd September!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
DJBoozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillag View Post
Just to ley everyone know I had a conversation with the help people around BB Maps fist of all got hte not enabled rubbish then they called back asked a whole load of questions then went away and came back and said that from the 02 nd September they were going to send out Orange Maps to everyone free of charge.

I kept on going saying I bought this because it said it came with BB maps and I don't have it now etc etc. They are going to call me back will let everyone know the outcome.

Cheers

been doing some homework on this:

Travel | Orange Maps | free trial

Orange Maps: free trial

You can try Orange Maps Professional completely free for a week. During your free trial you can use Orange Maps as much as you like, including speed camera alerts and live traffic update. If you would like to continue using Orange Maps after your trial has finished, simply start the application and choose your payment option and pick whether you would like Orange Maps or Orange Maps Professional.

To get started, youll need Orange Maps on your phone. Orange Maps is pre-installed on some phones but if you have a phone that supports Orange Maps and dont already have it installed, you can downloaded it free of charge. To see a list of phones that support Orange Maps click here.

To download Orange Maps, visit Orange World using your phone browser and click through to the Travel & Maps section. Follow the links on screen to download and install Orange Maps.

Once installed, click on the icon in your phone menu to launch Orange Maps.

The first time you start, you will be invited to activate the free trial. If you accept this invitation you will be able to start using Orange Maps straight away. If you choose not to activate the free trial you can always activate it at a later date.

For more details on using Orange Maps, download the quick start guide

To view full terms and conditions of use for the service, click here

doesnt say its free, except a trial :(
Old 09-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
hegedusa
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Orange UK

I don't see an option when browsing on my phone to download orange maps. I get to the travel and maps section but there's nothing there about orange maps. I suppose I'll ring them in the morning.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:12 AM   #6
blackcatz

Seems strange as according to this page :

orange.co.uk/travel/orangemaps/21172.htm?linkfrom=travel_orangemaps_21171&link=li nk_body_1&article=orangemapsorangemapsfreetrial]Travel | Orange Maps | supported devices

It isn't actually supported on a BB.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:56 AM   #7
davidcollins01

Wirelessly posted

I've just found something really strange. On an orange bbb you can use bbmessenger to send your location to a friend, and amazingly it uses the bbmaps app!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:32 AM   #8
sarahwhu

Model: Bold
PIN: 25541ACA

There is now a hack that enables Orange users to install both Maps and WLM. I have tried it on mine (I am on Orange) and it works great

I am not sure regarding etiquette whether I am able to point you in the right direction and I dont want to post it because I dont want to appear to get credit for work that wasnt mine...... If anyone is interested perhaps pm me and i'll send the link (hope thats ok and not breaking any forum guidelines!)
Old 09-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
Nanu

PIN: 2557583E

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahwhu View Post
There is now a hack that enables Orange users to install both Maps and WLM. I have tried it on mine (I am on Orange) and it works great

I am not sure regarding etiquette whether I am able to point you in the right direction and I dont want to post it because I dont want to appear to get credit for work that wasnt mine...... If anyone is interested perhaps pm me and i'll send the link (hope thats ok and not breaking any forum guidelines!)
Allow Me!

Maps

On Your Computer
First Download this file:Maps this includes the information for your bold extract to a folder on your desktop called maps.
Second go to BlackBerry Internet Service and delete your email accounts, trust me you will get them back, dont worry. You have to delete your email accounts here. If you don't, the service books you will resend later will not allow you to send or receive emails. Please delete your email accounts here.
Thirdly open up desktop manager, go to Backup & Restore - Advanced - File (Its in the top left) - Open - Click on bbmaps&wlm.ipd - Click on service book in the left panel - Click the symbol of right arrows. (The service books on your bold will be lost, dont worry you will get them back)

On Your Bold
Fourthly go to Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table - (You will see lots of info but we only need to use the top two, 234 UK [23403330] and Wi-Fi [60], Click the blackberry button,dont know what its called, the button on the left lol and click register now. Do this on both.
Fifthly you will now recieve two messages, read and delete both.

On your computer
Sixthly go back to BlackBerry Internet Service and set up your email accounts again.
That's it Maps should have stayed on your phone, all this time only now it will work. Enjoy, please tell me if anything is wrong and i will check for you.

Windows Live Messenger
Download this Windows Live Messenger and extract it to your desktop to a folder called WLM. Then using Desktop Manager click application loader>add applications>browse, locate the folder WLM and select WLM.alx and install WLM in the options and make sure you uncheck the boxes for anything you don't want as there are other items within that file/folder!

THE FILE "MAPS" NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED ALSO FOR WLM TO WORK AS IT CONTAINS THE REQUIRED SERVICE BOOKS!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Nanu; 09-11-2008 at 06:36 AM..
Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #10
TallPaul86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: 27A2D112
Carrier: O2 UK

Just done the above process to get Blackberry Maps back on my Bold and it works!

I now have BBmaps, Google Maps & Windows Live Messenger working on my Bold - god how i love my Bold! LoL
Old 09-11-2008, 01:36 AM   #11
Nanu

PIN: 2557583E

Of course it works!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:14 AM   #12
chris_1d

I get an error on my Orange UK bold when I try and log into messenger "Service Not Enabled for this handset"

:(

Current = BOLD
Old 09-11-2008, 05:28 AM   #13
matthewbunce

Model: 8900
Unhappy

I get the same error message. Looks like a servicebook is missing? Are you on BIS or BES?
Old 09-11-2008, 05:36 AM   #14
matthewbunce

Model: 8900

Ahh! I know what I did wrong! You have to install the Maps thing first as it contains the service books for WLM as well as Maps! I've done that and now it all works great!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:46 AM   #15
blackcatz

Did you install the import the service books that were mentioned in the first section of the instructions...It's titled 'On your computer' and needs to be done for WLM to work as well.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #16
areknocun

PIN: 2553EC5E
Carrier: orange

thanx a lot worked for me.Got the maps, Flicker uploader , but when trying to download windows live messenger got an messaga saying that my device is not supported
Old 09-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #17
princep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanu View Post
Allow Me!

Maps

On Your Computer
First Download this file:Maps this includes the information for your bold extract to a folder on your desktop called maps.
Second go to BlackBerry Internet Service and delete your email accounts, trust me you will get them back, dont worry. You have to delete your email accounts here. If you don't, the service books you will resend later will not allow you to send or receive emails. Please delete your email accounts here.
Thirdly open up desktop manager, go to Backup & Restore - Advanced - File (Its in the top left) - Open - Click on bbmaps&wlm.ipd - Click on service book in the left panel - Click the symbol of right arrows. (The service books on your bold will be lost, dont worry you will get them back)

On Your Bold
Fourthly go to Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table - (You will see lots of info but we only need to use the top two, 234 UK [23403330] and Wi-Fi [60], Click the blackberry button,dont know what its called, the button on the left lol and click register now. Do this on both.
Fifthly you will now recieve two messages, read and delete both.

On your computer
Sixthly go back to BlackBerry Internet Service and set up your email accounts again.
That's it Maps should have stayed on your phone, all this time only now it will work. Enjoy, please tell me if anything is wrong and i will check for you.

Windows Live Messenger
Download this Windows Live Messenger and extract it to your desktop to a folder called WLM. Then using Desktop Manager click application loader>add applications>browse, locate the folder WLM and select WLM.alx and install WLM in the options and make sure you uncheck the boxes for anything you don't want as there are other items within that file/folder!

THE FILE "MAPS" NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED ALSO FOR WLM TO WORK AS IT CONTAINS THE REQUIRED SERVICE BOOKS!

Enjoy!
i did installed the windows live messenger, but when it comes to sign in to my hotmail msn, i get the error: data services unavailable. which means? :S
Old 09-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #18
Lekiki06

Default Unable to load the new Service Book.

Tried to load the new Service book, but this one is greyout. Unble to select this file to be restored. Bold OS 4.6.0.147 (Platform 4.0.0.144).

Cheers.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:31 AM   #19
DJBoozy

I did this (without deleting my e-mail address) and it does allow me to log in, but errors everytime i try and send a msg :(
Old 10-14-2008, 07:10 AM   #20
blackcatz

We may have accidently found a fix for this.
We;ve just upgraded the MSN Messenger on two of our Orange Bolds
(got it from here : http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft....do?code=wlm20)

And after the software was installed the BB Map icon is available (and working) on the home screen.

Now it may be a combinantion of having 4.6.0.167 OS installed, but it wasn't there before the WLM upgrade.
Closed Thread