BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
surfgrom04
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Major software problem, need help...

Please Login to Remove!

This might be lenghty, but I appreciate anyone who reads it and might have some input...

I am on my 3rd 8830, and this one is broken too. All 3 have had the same problem. Here it is:

When I press the send key to call a phone number, the screen goes black, the red light comes on, and the phone turns off and then comes back on again. After it turns back on it may work normally for a little while, even up to a day, but then without fail the problem strikes again. One time during all of this I got a message that said "device error 248 (or 348, I forgot which)"

On the first 2 handsets I downloaded Google Maps. VZW Tech support thought it could be a problem with this 3rd party application, though they admitted this shouldn't be a problem. On the 3rd handset I have downloaded nothing, and the problem happened again. Verizon said device error 248 (or 348) is a major software problem, and had me do both a soft and hard reset, but neither cured the problem. The problem is not linked to dialing a certain phone number as it will sometimes dial the same number properly, and sometimes not. I have completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the desktop manager to make sure there wasn't some kind of bug related to the previous 8830 that would affect this one.

Verizon will of course give me another handset, but should I believe that the 4th time will be the charm? Is there something I am doing? Thanks in advance any sort of help.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
mschan

Model: 7149

how do I go about downloading the correct SW driver to enable my USB charging capability from my labtop? I have a 8830 blackberry from Verizon and I have a usb cable.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:26 AM   #3
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschan View Post
how do I go about downloading the correct SW driver to enable my USB charging capability from my labtop? I have a 8830 blackberry from Verizon and I have a usb cable.
You were given a CD ROM.

If you cannot locate it, here it is the link.

BlackBerry™ 4.x Software Download
Old 07-31-2007, 12:44 AM   #4
jedimyndtryx
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Do you have a memory card installed? My memory card went corrupt and gave me that same error, I had to reformat it and it is okay now but I reinstalled the device software 3 times and installed one thing at a time before I found out it was the memory card. Try to remove it and boot up without it. Then reformat in Windows.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
merlin54

Model: 8830
Angry Device Error 348

So, I too am receiving device error 348

However there is a catch!

July 13th, I arrived at Puerto Rico and turned on my phone upon arrival. I immediately received the error message,"Device Error 348"

Verizon, committed to sending me a new phone which I never received. However, during my conversation with Verizon they informed me that this error was due to the fact that my roaming feature was not updated. This was done via *228 etc..........

A week later, I arrived in Puerto Rico and received the same error message! Five days later, I returned to NYC and the error messages ceased to occur.

I have an SD Memory card in my phone but I just can't understand why the phone work here in NYC but not in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico?

My phone has the LG Env with Verizon and had no issues using her phone.
Closed Thread