Old 02-24-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
MadMax
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250
PIN: 32AAAB28
Carrier: Verizon
Default Arrghh!! Totally Hosiered!

Please Login to Remove!

Well, Verizon did in fact post 4.0 on their web site. They claim to have a pair of downloads (desktop and handheld) for the 6750. I downloaded them and proceeded to try to upgrade. Everything was going smoothly except for the fact that even after installing the handheld 4.0 software there was no indication from the Desktop software that there was anything needing installation. Just totally ignores the 4.0 handheld software. I called Verizon who eventually hooked me up with RIM. The RIM support person had the brilliant idea of wiping my handheld to force the upgrade. You guessed it, no such luck. Still ignored the new handheld software and oh, by the way, gave me nasty little messages like "your handheld has no OS on it, etc.". So, thanks to RIM, I took a working unit that just didn't seem to want to upgrade and turned it into a paperweight! Verizon is sending me a replacement unit, but since yesterday afternoon until who knows when, I will be without a phone and more importantly without my pager. Aarrrggghhhh!

If you have a 6750 and Verizon, I wouldn't recommend doing the upgrade quite yet. They are definitely not ready for prime time.

I have since manged to get 3.6 sort of back on my handheld, so the phone works now, but I can't send emails...Anybody have any ideas how I might be able to get 4.0 on this puppy?

Thanks,
MadMax
Old 02-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #2
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

Did you remove vendor.xml before installing?

Take a look at this thread. There's a howto on installing/upgrading/removing your OS that should help you get things under control.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
MadMax
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250
PIN: 32AAAB28
Carrier: Verizon
Default Cool

Thanks much! You guys rock. Deleting the vendor.xml file did it. I didn't think I would need to do that since I was installing the version specifically for Verizon, but when I did so, everything worked! 4.0 is a bit slower than 3.6 on initial observation, but we'll see.

Thanks again,
NotsoMadMax
Closed Thread