Old 11-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
KC Tony
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Tour Exchange Policy?

Please Login to Remove!

Last night my wife and I visited a Verizon retail store where we wished to exchange our Tours for a different model BBxxx8217;s. The usual, track ball issues and one has completely locked up. We were told wexxx8217;d have to give the Tour one more attempt (which would be our third Tour each). The store manager also told us xxx8220;wexxx8217;re not supposed to tell you this but upon request, wexxx8217;re allowed to switch you to a different model BB after your third defective Tourxxx8221;. While she didnxxx8217;t specify the model I can only assume it would be comparable in function and price to our Tours. Anyone else heard this? Wondering too if this is store policy or company policy? Wanted to bring this to the attention of Tour owners reporting numerous exchanges and the accompanying hassles.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
stricni
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon wireless

yes. i work for verizon and that is definitely store/company policy. and he was correct they should not be telling you that info. also they would most likely give you the storm 1 or 2 depending on there inventory. im surprised you have had the trackball issue 3 times on each phone. thats pretty rare.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
nytilidie914
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

the past few weeks my fourth tour has been acting up. i think i might go to the store tomorrow and see if i like the storm 2, if so i might go for that now that i know this info. if i dont like it, i think i might just keep my tour.
Closed Thread