BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #141
Sphincters
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Sooooo, um.... No one I guess has seen the 9xxx yet, huh?
Old 12-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #142
MRoadster

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm View Post
Have you noticed how after almost 10 years RIM's push is the only TRUE push solution? (Yes, I know there are things like activesync and other heartbeat pseudo-pushes out there, but BlackBerry is the only 100% true push on the market)
I have to argue with you here. I just got my Blackberry for my day job (Fortune 10 company) - and I love it. However, I have been doing ActiveSync "push" from my home Exchange server to my Windows Mobile 5 phones (5 users) for nearly a year and it works fantastic. I also setup true push e-mail for Small businesses and it only costs them $500 (Windows 2003 Small Business Server) and a data plan on their phone.

So, while I do think Blackberry is superior for large enterprises; I would argue that there is a perfectly fine "true push technology" for the small organizations. The only real drawback is that I can't remotely wipe the devices ... but with small organizations I can force a user to change their password if they lose their phone and it'll stop syncing.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #143
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphincters View Post
Sooooo, um.... No one I guess has seen the 9xxx yet, huh?
Expect a leak in January. Just taking a wild guess.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #144
Semi5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T
Carrier: tmobile

I know I'm going to get killed here, but I can actually type way faster on the iPhone, than I can on my 8320. I think the soft keyboard is great and allows for a fullscreen when not needing the keyboard.

I guess I'm getting old and my eyes are not as good as they used to be, because I am starting to find the blackberry screen to be too small. The iPhone is a far superior texting, browsing and multimedia device. I find the blackberry to be a better phone, emailing, and chatting device.

My dream device is the hardware of the iPhone, with the OS of the blackberry, with the browser and itunes integration of the iPhone.
Closed Thread