Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #21
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Please Login to Remove!

I am sorry that I am not very smart... I see the iPhone as a kewl toy for 12-17 year-olds and that's about it.... Time will tell, but I doubt it's going to force RIM to do anything they do not already have in a long term plan...

I will try to be smarter in future posts...

Kris
Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 PM   #22
Bick44

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I tried Ordering an iPhone to try it out and Apple said NO to selling them to Corp. BBs are better in my Opinion. I am getting an 8820 to test so we will see.
Testing the New 8820 also.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 PM   #23
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
I am sorry that I am not very smart... I see the iPhone as a kewl toy for 12-17 year-olds and that's about it.... Time will tell, but I doubt it's going to force RIM to do anything they do not already have in a long term plan...

I will try to be smarter in future posts...

Kris
Not stupid, but a bit narrow minded. And yes time will tell. Let's hope RIM gets the message and doesn't pull "a Palm"
Old 09-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #24
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

You win... I am narrow-minded...

I changed my mind.... All hail the BlackBerry killer ----- the iToyPone thingie..
Old 09-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #25
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
You win... I am narrow-minded...

I changed my mind.... All hail the BlackBerry killer ----- the iToyPone thingie..
Whatever dude.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #26
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
HAHAHA, don't make me laugh. Sure the BB is great, but the interface and features of the iphone blow away anything RIM has now. The only thing BB has on the iphone is the keypad.
From a long time Berry user, i agree the blackberry is king. I stay on top of'em as well, i just unlocked and 8320 so i can use at&t and get email in my basement??? we're all a little addicted. BUT I did have an iphone for a minute and the UI is excellent and does, In MY OPINION, knock the blackberry's out of the park in terms of the cool factor. Now usability i think bb has it locked up. I can see users saying it only appeals to the 12-17yo crowd, another but, put serious exchange/lotus/ whatever support in the iphone and you have a serious device. Why wouldn't we all want something other than brick breaker for instance to do on our berry while at the airport or wherever. The user experience is excellent on the iphone and I'm think the 2nd and 3rd gen will have some real adaptation from blackberry/winmo users. Think of it in terms of of if the iphone was a blackberry 9520 or whatever series, same unit only blackberry and not apple, with true push. The only argument i can see people making is the keyboard and that argument happens now between 81xx and 83xx/88xx......
Old 09-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #27
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1790 View Post
The only argument i can see people making is the keyboard and that argument happens now between 81xx and 83xx/88xx......
The 81xx, 83xx and 88xx all have a real keyboard though... Another argument I can see is the touch screen difference....

Touch screen = yuck...
Old 09-27-2007, 01:43 PM   #28
Perfect Storm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

I'll throw Maddox in to lighten the mood here on why the iPhone is not so great.

The iPhone is a piece of crap, and so is your face.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #29
CarBob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidberry View Post
We need 8300 Curve from Sprint! Pleeeeeaaaassse! any ideas?
Hang in there Kidberry. Have heard rumour that Bell Mobility in Canada will be releasing BB 8330 (CDMA Curve) during Q4 in time for Christmas.

So Sprint will probably be doing the same.

CB
Old 09-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #30
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm View Post
I'll throw Maddox in to lighten the mood here on why the iPhone is not so great.

Wow!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #31
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:

He has serious issues.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:44 PM   #32
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I think he is a user here.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #33
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Quote:

This was hilarious!
Old 09-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #34
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I think the iphone is a toy as well and when it can boast as reliable email and PIM and OS as a BB then I will give it props until then its just another gimmick.

I may be narrow minded but I have never had a BB fail me yet.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #35
serrano_yejo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Exclamation

Quote:
Have you noticed how after almost 10 years RIM's push is the only TRUE push solution? (Yes, I know there are things like activesync and other heartbeat pseudo-pushes out there, but BlackBerry is the only 100% true push on the market) They've done this despite not being as large as many of their competitors.

You really think that simply having a music hosting server means you can develop an entire push delivery infrastructure? Give me a break!
You see is not that they can make one from the ground up... maybe from acquisitions or whatever the thing is that RIM HAS TO EVOLVE ... remember Apple is gonna go after corporate with the NEWTON... did people thought that apple was gonna stay with the iPhone as their only device? I bet you that they are thinking more about GOOGLE...If RIM stays with what they do... they can "push" apple to death.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:10 PM   #36
CarBob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrano_yejo View Post
You see is not that they can make one from the ground up... maybe from acquisitions or whatever the thing is that RIM HAS TO EVOLVE ... remember Apple is gonna go after corporate with the NEWTON... did people thought that apple was gonna stay with the iPhone as their only device? I bet you that they are thinking more about GOOGLE...If RIM stays with what they do... they can "push" apple to death.
I think it's time that certain posters take a deep breath and CHILL OUT, and cut the insults while they're at it. Most of us want to read posts that have constructive comments along with helpful information!!

CB
Old 09-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #37
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

I feel very comfortable sticking with RIM and I believe they will continue to dominate the corporate market which is their primary focus. When something comes out that I feel competes I will comment. Also remember these are the BlackBerry Forums. I think I would expect to find very loyal RIM customers here, just as I would assume to find very loyal Apple customers on an iPhone forum. Do iPhone users know how to use forums? j/k
Old 09-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #38
serrano_yejo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBob View Post
I think it's time that certain posters take a deep breath and CHILL OUT, and cut the insults while they're at it. Most of us want to read posts that have constructive comments along with helpful information!!

CB
If I sounded insulting... my bad...
What I meant to say is that RIM from a business stand point has to evolve ...

Just listen to: The BlackBerry Cool Podcast: Boy Genius Interviewed (Pt. 2) | BlackBerry Cool to hear Boy Genius opinion on what can happen to RIM if they do not "change" and APPLE goes to their backyard...Canada.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:29 PM   #39
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I think the iphone is a toy as well and when it can boast as reliable email and PIM and OS as a BB then I will give it props until then its just another gimmick.

I may be narrow minded but I have never had a BB fail me yet.
Funny, many considered the Mac to be a toy as well. Those of us who know, however know it as a far superior platform to Windows. I'm glad you and your fellow dinosaurs aren't running RIM. Otherwise it would be out of business or bought up within 5 years.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:33 PM   #40
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
I feel very comfortable sticking with RIM and I believe they will continue to dominate the corporate market which is their primary focus. When something comes out that I feel competes I will comment. Also remember these are the BlackBerry Forums. I think I would expect to find very loyal RIM customers here, just as I would assume to find very loyal Apple customers on an iPhone forum. Do iPhone users know how to use forums? j/k
I think we are all loyal RIM users. That does not mean I support the status quo. That is the death of any product. The Apple iphone is a great product and RIM would do well to learn from its designs. It does not mean I don't love my BB. But I won't have my BB if they go out of business due to short sighted thinking that many here seem to have.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 09-27-2007 at 06:34 PM..
Closed Thread