Ikurtmal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9K
PIN: 25587317
Carrier: Celcom MY
Default Blackberry Bold in Malaysia

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

Can anybody advise me when this hot BB will be arrived in Malaysia? How much is it and does CELCOM Malaysia carry it?

I can't wait for it !

cheers
Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

No one has those answers.
As to price and availability, you should check with CELCOM.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:54 AM   #3
muck
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: optus

you fastest and cheapest option, would probably getting it from the states when it is released.
if you are after a bold in malaysia
Old 06-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
Ikurtmal

oook. surely I can buy it directly from the States, but I'm not sure either this model can be carried by CELCOM or not.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

If CELCOM is GSM then, yes, it will work.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #6
illuminati

Model: Bold
Carrier: Celcom & Maxis

BlackBerry Bold with arrive in Malaysia via Celcom sometime in September. I can tell you it will be worth the wait as I have a Bold courtesy of Celcom now. It's quite stable, battery lasts me about a day and a half and am as pleased as punch with it. Only complaint so far is I am not too keen on the keyboard, reminds me of the 8800 which I really didn't like. Too small and close together.

Price? That's a tightly guarded secret but expect it to be less then RM3000 (USD918). I think it will be around RM2888 (USD884) as that is a nice figure to market with Asians.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #7
othernet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MOX
Default Bold Pre-booking in Malaysia!

Just saw this on Maxis Malaysia's website. They are taking pre-booking for the Bold now. Sign up and collect when it is launched. Must be coming out soon!

[Apparently I can't post links or images unless I have posted 10 items - sorry folks, no pictures here for you. Not my fault]
Old 08-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2559B117
Carrier: Maxis

Looks like both Maxis and Celcom intend to bring the Bold in soon, with September looking the likely timeframe. You can now pre-register for a Bold on the Maxis website.

Cheers,

P.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:29 AM   #9
zkyevolved
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone

I'm not in Malasyia :(
Old 08-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
azrizal

Model: Storm
PIN: 20CCA68A

maxis will launch by september end.. so, book now. it'll cost around RM2,xxx.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #11
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Internal Maxis sources say mid-September, but I wouldn't hold my breathe...

Canait to get rid of my SE phone though, ugh...

Cheers,

P.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #12
Ikurtmal

thank you so much for all the replies.....I have read yesterday newspaper that we can start to pre-book from CELCOM for this hot model......
Old 09-02-2008, 05:55 AM   #13
jaui
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Celcom
Default new information

After much annoying conversations with Celcom and even turning up at their branch for 1/2hr, I finally got the answer that the Blackberry Bold is out in Malaysia on the 15/9/08.

Even if they tell you the launch date is today (2/9/08), they just mean that the launch date of the PLANS is today. The physical phones are only available on the 15th. Also, the plans are only for CORPORATE users. Even asking for the reason as to why I should pre-book seemed tough for the customer service people. I can only hope that they'll put aside phones for those who pre-booked it.

The official price of the phone from Celcom is RM2,499. Not sure what other price there is if you take a plan. But I think that's pretty much the set price from them. The Maxis website is just as unclear as to the date that they will release the phone and how much they are going to charge for it.

I got all excited about it today for nothing :(

Guess it's another 2 week wait. Now I just need to concentrate on finding a buyer for my existing phone!!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #14
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Jaui,

Thanks for the update - at least it gives a target date to look forward to. I haven't felt this excited about a mobile phone since the Malaysian launch of the Treo600 in 2001, which by coincidence was also in Ramadhan. I check for news everyday...

I feel Malaysian operators should begin to wake up to the fact that BIS customers also also a growing and valuable source of revenue. More often than not the corporate sorts get heavy discounts, whilst BIS customers continue to pay the full price.

I have pre-registered with Maxis, though I am also trying additional measures to secure a unit - I am really fed up of my current phone, as it hung on me _during_ a call yesterday.

Good news on the pricing, slighly less than what I anticipated (2,888), but I am very fortunate that it will be company funded.

Cheers,

P.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #15
jaui
Thumbs Must Hurt

don't worry, i have been checking on the phone everyday too! i'm getting sick and tired of the p1i that I have (but luckily, i might have found a good buyer) and am ready to make the leap into a full blackberry experience!

I don't understand why Maxis or Celcom haven't realised the full market potential of Blackberry in the mass market. They keep lumping people together into categories and they assume that the only people who use Blackberry are corporate users (moreso Celcom than Maxis). But i'm glad they at least have it available for personal accounts. Otherwise, I would seriously get reeeeal angry.

I hope that the internet browsing on the phone through our networks will be fast though. I haven't had good experiences with internet browsing on phones in this country.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #16
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Jaui,

Re browsing, I think that the so-called 3.5G, or more accurately HSDPA is 'throttled' or simply not available in most areas. The reason I say this is that my phone will sometimes display a 'H' instead of the usual '3G', and during that time it is blazing fast. I've only had this once in the Saujana Utama area.

Frankly I'd just be happy to get rid of Operan Mini and get back to the BB browser.

Cheers,

P.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #17
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Guys,

Some further info on pricing and launch dates by Celcom and Maxis. Surprisingly Maxis appears to have beat Celcom on the pricing (for now).

You can view updates from this site MyBlackberryWorld

Hopefully the heavy promotion will mean better availability/service for us.. oh wait, there appear to be some airborne porcine life forms passing my window

Cheers,

P.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #18
jaui
Thumbs Must Hurt

Both Celcom AND Maxis have screwed up the launch of the Blackberry Bold with incorrect information flying everywhere and no definite date as to when we can expect the phones.
Both the carriers said that they were going to have the phone available on the 15/9/08 (today), but both carriers have no idea about when the stock is going to come it. Celcom "care"line staff even told me to go into the Celcom branch to go and buy it, because according to his computer, it was available. Good thing I called up the branch itself and asked them what was going on and they said they don't have it in stock and perhaps i should try next week.

No one can give me a definite answer! It is SO frustrating.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:24 AM   #19
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Unfortunately I have to accept my own words about not holding my breath for the mid-Sept launch of the Bold.

I called Maxis and they advised that the bold would only be launched at the end of September. I guess we have to wait along with our American brethren to buy the damned thing.

I want my bold!!

PS: I'll be in Singapore next week - anyone know where I might get one there?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #20
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Maxis/Celcom BlackBerry Bold

Addicts!

Am so frustrated with what's been going on with both our carriers lately. Allot of wrong or misleading information being thrown back & forth. Oh well, what we do know of the anticipated September 15 date, well, DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! What the heck is goin' on??

Seems we've been dumfounded again. Oh well, latest I heard, the units have just arrived in KLIA and don't really know when it'll reach MAXIS & CELCOM, of course after the customs clearance et all. Maybe in 2 weeks time. And the 1st to get their hands on it will be the Corporate users of course. BES peeps will be the priority, of which i strongly diasagree!!! Although i'm on BES, I want to get the BOLD on BIS for personal use, you see, I'm a crackberry addict...

Oh well... what we do know from the press release, MAXIS is charging RM2,199 for the Bold, which is a fair price. Just that the BIS+Data package is much higher than that of CELCOM's. Whatever the situation is, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BOLD ANY LONGER!!! I've registered in their website, as with most other peeps out there.... hope they'll contact me soon & I can pick-up the BOLD!!!

Any further updates, please do share, i'm getting the daily dose of updates and rumours from various sources, MAXIS/CELCOM, even Telekom Malaysia peeps... ahahaha....

Cheers and Be Bold! no pun intended....
Closed Thread