Old 05-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: Mine...
Carrier: Verizon
Default Thunder Anyone!

Please Login to Remove!

It keeps getting more and more real. Although, I am not that excited about a Blackberry that does not have the pearl navigation button or a hard key pad!

Yet another xxx8220;iPhone killer:xxx8221; Blackberryxxx8217;s Thunder (updated) | The Apple Core | ZDNet.com

Yet another xxx8220;iPhone killer:xxx8221; Blackberryxxx8217;s Thunder (updated) | The Apple Core | ZDNet.com
Old 05-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
fractured
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Wirelessly posted

People need to remember that not every device is make with them in mind. Different devices have different target audiences and will inevitably appeal to different people and gain cult followings. I am a wait and see kind of person. Just because something is new and bold that doesn't mean it is automatically scary or should be shunned. Your reaction says more about you. That said, new and bold doesn't always mean innovative either. I want to see and touch the thunder before I cast judgment.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: Mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured View Post
Wirelessly posted

People need to remember that not every device is make with them in mind. Different devices have different target audiences and will inevitably appeal to different people and gain cult followings. I am a wait and see kind of person. Just because something is new and bold that doesn't mean it is automatically scary or should be shunned. Your reaction says more about you. That said, new and bold doesn't always mean innovative either. I want to see and touch the thunder before I cast judgment.
I was not aware that my "I am not that excited...." comment said anything more about me than, well.... I am not that excited. Kind of presumptuous, I would say. I am not quite sure where the "scary and shunned" stuff came from as I can not find anywhere in my post where I say the device is scary and should be shunned. I approached the switch from the track wheel to the pearl navigation with the same "wait and see" attitude as I am using for the Thunder, and it turned out that I LOVE the new navigation technology. Perhaps I will LOVE the touch screen BB, however, I am still not that excited... and, BTW, my level of enthusiasm (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with the judgment of the device, rather than my eagerness to see it.

Lastly, what makes you think they did not develop this device with me in mind.....
Old 05-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

The whole point of a BlackBerry is email. Typing on a virtual keyboard is no day at the park, just like typing on the iphone I would imagine! Takes some getting used too, and is fine for a lil texting here and there, but not fun for typing out and responding to emails on a daily basis.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
fractured
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Wirelessly posted

To searly, my post was not directed at you. It was directed more at the comments I read on this site that are clearly anti-touch screen or anti-Apple. If I meant or wanted to attack you personally I would have quoted your post or mentioned you directly, but again my comments were meant in the general sense. If you feel that they were directed at you, I apologize, but they were not.

Last edited by fractured; 05-16-2008 at 03:32 PM..
Old 05-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Lots of Thunder posts already opened.
Closing this one.
Closed Thread