Old 05-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #61
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
Look, in the end I could care less about the iPhone I or II. Note that this is a Blackberry forum and a p|ssing contest with the iPhone does not belong here. My iPhone was what it was and I have no reason to lie about it. Next you will tell me yours had a real keyboard!
Its one thing to talk up the features and advantages of your particular choice in smartphones. It quite another to make up FUD against the competitor to prove your point.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #62
trstack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

hmm... I didn't realize there are so many RIM Fanboys. All of this was covered over a month ago. Believe me, I'm on my 6th Blackberry and deal with 100+ emails a day. I could not survive without it but... If I get all of the features below and the iPhone REAL web experience, I'll be moving along. After 3 days I can type almost as fast as my 8800 on my wife's iPhone or my iPod Touch.

Enterprise features in iPhone 2.0 software beta.
Upcoming iPhone support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and industry-standard corporate security standards will allow IT professionals to seamlessly integrate iPhone into their enterprise environments. New features include:

Push email
Push contacts
Push calendar
Global Address List
Certificates and identities
WPA2/802.1X
Enforced security policies
More VPN protocols
Device configuration
Remote wipe
Old 05-15-2008, 03:37 AM   #63
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstack View Post
hmm... I didn't realize there are so many RIM Fanboys.
Please look at the top of this page and note: "General 9000 Series Discussion"

Like there is a lack of iPhone fanboys! At least the Blackberry people do not have to lie about the battery life of their device and brag about "new enhanced security features" <vbg>
Old 05-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #64
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A

What makes it FUD if many users are complaining about something thats hardly FUD its fact for those users.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #65
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
What makes it FUD if many users are complaining about something thats hardly FUD its fact for those users.
Statements of battery dying before lunch time are FUD. Then when he was called out on it, he got snotty, claiming this is a BB message board and who cares about the iphone.

The iPhone II must be thicker to hold the battery it will need to do 3G. I tried the iPhone for 3 days and it would not make it till just past lunch before it needed to be plugged in again! 3G will mean it will dies shortly after breakfast!

Look, in the end I could care less about the iPhone I or II. Note that this is a Blackberry forum and a p|ssing contest with the iPhone does not belong here

So yeah, its FUD.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #66
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

"called out on it"

LOL!
Old 05-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #67
Blackberryer

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
The iPhone II must be thicker to hold the battery it will need to do 3G. I tried the iPhone for 3 days and it would not make it till just past lunch before it needed to be plugged in again! 3G will mean it will dies shortly after breakfast!
I don't believe this for an instance. I've had my iPhone for months, and I use it pretty heavily during the day. I've gotten a full day and a half from each charge.

Sorry, but reading your posts it's clear you're just anti-iPhone. Such is your right, but you're just making stuff up now. That or you had a defective iPhone.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #68
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberryer View Post
I don't believe this for an instance. I've had my iPhone for months, and I use it pretty heavily during the day. I've gotten a full day and a half from each charge.

Sorry, but reading your posts it's clear you're just anti-iPhone. Such is your right, but you're just making stuff up now. That or you had a defective iPhone.
I agree, I use mine all day, talk, video, heavy web use and I have yet to go dead. That said, I'm curious how the 9000 will fare, power wise, with the 3G radio.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #69
King Neptune117
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlw View Post
Well iPhone had better be one heck of a phone. I cannot imagine leaving BB for a iPhone after seeing the official release of the Bold. The "Bold", is a solid winner and will be very hard to beat for serious business users. I left the iPhone for BB because it just cannot compete with BB in the Business world at this time. Now BB has form and function in one beautiful package. Way to go RIM!!!!!!!!!! Now if I can just get into my wife's piggy bank.
I agree blackberry is great but for us verizon users we'll have to wait a VERY long time for us to get the bold unfortunately.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #70
Blackberryer

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I agree, I use mine all day, talk, video, heavy web use and I have yet to go dead. That said, I'm curious how the 9000 will fare, power wise, with the 3G radio.
Sounds to me like someone has some bizarre ax to grind against the iPhone. There are plenty of pros and cons to the iPhone, and once you get past that it's purely about user needs. A year ago the iPhone best fit my needs. Now, considering the feature set, it looks like the 9000 is the way to go for me.

I'm curious how the Bold will fare as well. I would imagine RIM knows how hard their users drive their phones, so I'm hoping battery life isn't an issue.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:56 AM   #71
CrazEtooN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: iPhne
PIN: point

Quote:
Please look at the top of this page and note: "General 9000 Series Discussion"

Like there is a lack of iPhone fanboys! At least the Blackberry people do not have to lie about the battery life of their device and brag about "new enhanced security features" <vbg>
For the record, I AM a BlackBerry user. I USED to have an iPhone, as in no longer have one, as in no need to defend because I own one. The fact is, the iPhone, whether you love it, hate it, or are indifferent; has very good battery life. I believe every single person here who says they get good battery life from their iPhone, because I did as well. You are the one and only person to say the battery sucked and wouldn't last until lunch, but WE are lying? Please...

It sounds like you thought you could blindly bash the iPhone and be backed up on it, and now that you are being called out by people that actually own, or used to own, the device, you are back peddling. Just give it up.

There is nothing worse than bashing the iPhone and it's users who like it while you defend BlackBerry to no end. The fact is, both phones have their strong points and their weaknesses, neither are perfect. Here is a news flash, it is ok if the iPhone has good battery life, and it is ok if the iPhone does a few things better than your BlackBerry. It doesn't mean your BlackBerry is a lesser device, and you don't need to get your panties all in a bunch because of it...

Here are the typical comments of a blind BlackBerry fanboy:
BB FB: My BlackBerry is better than every other phone ever made!
Neutral party: The iPhone has good battery life...
BB FB: NOT BETTER THAN MY BLACKBERRY! MY BLACKBERRY IS THE BEST!
Neutral party: No, I think it might actually be better... that doesn't take anything away from the Berry though...
BB FB: NO! My Berry can do this, can do that, can do the other thing too and then it cooks me dinner!
Neutral party: Look, the BlackBerry is a great device, but the iPhone does certain things well too, if not better. There is no reason to get all defensive...
BB FB: NO! Your lying! There is nothing the iPhone can do better than my BlackBerry! BlackBerry rules the world, RIM is my lover, and I will hate everything else just because it isn't a BlackBerry!
Neutral party: Whatever...

Replace the BB Fanboy with an iPhone fanboy and it is the same in reverse.

BlackBerry users tend to walk around, and post, with an air of superiority. They talk bad about iPhones, Windows Mobile, Palm, etc. There is nothing wrong with loving your chosen device, but refusing to acknowledge that it isn't perfect, and that other devices don't bring anything to the table is just stupid. (The preceding is a general statement. It is not targeting all of you, but instead is targeting the general feeling that is present on most BlackBerry forums)

Blind iPhone fanboys suck.
Blind Windows Mobile fanboys suck.
Blind Palm fanboys suck.
Guess what, the same goes for blind BlackBerry fanboys. They suck just as badly.

Last edited by CrazEtooN; 05-16-2008 at 06:01 AM..
Old 05-16-2008, 06:11 AM   #72
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Crazetoon - Well said.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 05-16-2008 at 06:12 AM..
Closed Thread