Old 05-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #21
kjjb0204
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazEtooN View Post
First of all, the screen is confirmed to be 480x320, so regardless of what you think you see in the video, it is higher resolution. The processor has also been increased to 624mhz, which according to the 4 parts of Kevin's review at CrackBerry, make it fly through apps like no Berry before it.

Its also comical how you are all bashing the form factor of something you have never seen in person. I agree, it isn't the most attractive looking thing, but that doesn't mean it won't feel good when held, which is more important than looks. Also, if you read all the parts of Kevin's review, you will see that the keyboard is NOT identical to the 8800 series, and due to small tweaks here and there, it actually feels much better, at least according to him. I don't see the complaints about its size either to be honest. It was actually shown next to an 8830, and it is only a hair larger. Why is that such a big deal if it still feels good in the hand?

I am holding my final judgement for when I hold one, but the review from someone in the BlackBerry world that actually has one seems very promising, so I do have my hopes up despite not being in love with its appearance. Why is that so hard for the rest of you? Reserving judgement for when you actually hold one, that is...
Never said it wouldn't feel good. Just saying I think, from the pictures and video, that it's fugly. You think whatever you want.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #22
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
the plastic band around it makes it look like an iPhone (is RIM showing some iPhone envy?).
I would say Apple had some Moto Envy since they showed off their Q9h before the jesus phone came out. So saying that a silver plastic edge is envy is like say Ferarri is envious of Porsche, similar class but not in the same league.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #23
PPCMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Aside from 3G, its longer and wider then the Curve. Its even bigger then the 8800 not to mention it has the same keyboard as the 8800. I guess the display is better, its hard to tell with the crappy theme shown running in the demo. Given that and the price, I wouldn't buy one.
Actually Kevin @ Crackberry.com stated that based on his use they keyboard on the 9000 was not the exact same keyboard. There were differences and he found it easier to use and type with.

As for the video being choppy that was commented on earlier I saw the video playback and it looked fine to me so I don't see where the choppy YouTube issues were.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:04 AM   #24
kjjb0204

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
I would say Apple had some Moto Envy since they showed off their Q9h before the jesus phone came out. So saying that a silver plastic edge is envy is like say Ferarri is envious of Porsche, similar class but not in the same league.
I would think the iPhone was already in it's finishing stages when the Q9h was released, so I don't think Apple is showing any moto envy. As for your Ferrari and Porsche comparison, if Ferrari had a giant silver band all the way around it and Porsche then did the same six months later, yes, I would say there was Ferrari envy. And please don't spell Ferrari incorrectly - that's just a sin.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #25
PPCMD

On the Ferrari part I would agree, it was after all 12:15am when I typed it. My point was there is no such thing as phone design envy, its just a designers choice to choose the materials and over all look. I don't see RIM or anyone having envy of any device especially since Apple did not create the smartphone market or craze.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #26
DallasFlier

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
I'm not referring to the OS and function - I know there are some great new things happening on the 9000. I just don't understand why anyone would think it's design is anything fantastic. For starters, the plastic band around it makes it look like an iPhone (is RIM showing some iPhone envy?). The phone, menu, esc and end keys look way too big and with those small symbols on those big keys, it reminds me of old crappy american car interiors where stuff looks like it's just there because they couldn't find any other place to put it. Huge pieces of plastic with stupid little symbols. Finally, what's with those lines between rows of keys? This device looks like RIM was trying to go retro, but got it all wrong.
Quote:
That's too bad then, because the guts are the only good part.
Quote:
It's fugly, retro just for retro's sake, and my 8830 is a much sleeker and better looking design.
Quote:
I agree for the most part, however history tells us that certain things are just generally regarded as ugly.
Quote:
To each his own. I think it's ugly. OS looks cool with good new features, but I still say the device itself is fugly. Too big, crappy styling.
Quote:
Never said it wouldn't feel good. Just saying I think, from the pictures and video, that it's fugly. You think whatever you want.
Umm, I think we all understand your opinion by this point. We don't all agree with it, but you can say it 47 more times in this thread and we still won't. So - we get it already, you think its "fugly." Gotcha.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #27
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

DF, what are you doing, getting ready for the CFB thread?
Old 05-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #28
ikasen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

I've learned some great things reading on the internet, and this forum in particular. One of the best things yet is a new word that I actually like: "fugly". I'm not saying I agree that the 9000 is fugly, but I might see something soon that is, then I'll be ready to unload on it.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #29
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikasen View Post
I've learned some great things reading on the internet, and this forum in particular. One of the best things yet is a new word that I actually like: "fugly". I'm not saying I agree that the 9000 is fugly, but I might see something soon that is, then I'll be ready to unload on it.
You have never heard of the word, fugly before?? Where have you been?
Old 05-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #30
fkjr2

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

perhaps its the 1GB of memory eh?
Old 05-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #31
kjjb0204

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
Umm, I think we all understand your opinion by this point. We don't all agree with it, but you can say it 47 more times in this thread and we still won't. So - we get it already, you think its "fugly." Gotcha.
Ok then,

fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly

Count 'em.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #32
justajason

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Ok then,

fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly
fugly

Count 'em.
Independant likes and dislikes are what make us unique. You dont like it, thats ok... I do.
Honestly it looks like any other blackberry ive seen. It has appealing features that make it pallatable for my tastes. The "Guts" are the main attraction for me. And the fact that it looks like something off the Enterprise, makes it that more appealing. Its like the Honda Element, some people like it, and some people dont. But you should respect the opinions of others, if you would wish for garnering respect for your own opinion...
j
Old 05-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #33
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

For me its the number 9. Most of my BB's had an 8 and the one with the 7 sucked.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #34
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog View Post
For me its the number 9. Most of my BB's had an 8 and the one with the 7 sucked.
so 8 - 7 + 9 = 10.

10 will be the one.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #35
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Shhhh....I've been testing the 11020 for a while. It's gonna be the BOMB!!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #36
justajason

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
OMG! Are you guys gonna pass that, or "Bogart" all of it?
Old 05-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #37
kjjb0204

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
So the next two new models are now the BlackBerry Bold and the BlackBerry Bomb. I like!
Closed Thread