maslan817

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default So

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atuarre View Post
Does anyone have a general idea about when the 9000 series Blackberry will be released? I am contemplating getting the 8830 (I have an 8800) but do not want to do that, and then right when I get it, RIM decides to unveil the 9000 series.

If you have a general estimation on what part of the year it may be released, feel free to step up. Thanks
I spoke to my cousin yesterday, he is an AT&T salesman. If you live in Jersey you might have read about the most popular AT&T store in New Jersey, that's the one he works at, which my uncle owns . He was telling me that blackberry is pushing the release date until late this year, like the fourth quarter or early next year. So do not plan on it anytime soon. Sorry to bust bubble. Him and I are waiting for it like everybody else. All I do know is that the phone is going to blow the iPhone away. If you guys have any questions, let me know and I'll ask him for you. He does not know the design yet.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #22
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

how can the phone "blow away the iphone" if he doesnt know the design?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #23
dulcamara
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

It won't blow anything away if it's unreleased.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #24
lindros2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW/O2 (Intl)

My rhetorical question: Why would RIM release a new device/platform (9000) when the 81xx, 83xx, and 88xx series are doing very well (and holding their own against the iPhone, Samsung, and Motorola devices) ? Hecek, even the 87xx series is still selling.

From a pure business standpoint, the answer is "they're probably not motivated to do anything yet". Once demand in the above devices wanes, I can see the 9xxx being released. AFTER they release an 8000-series device with the "camera key" thingy that recently popped up in the US Patent Office.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #25
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

The 8700 will be EOL this year. There is a demand for 3G devices, both in the United States amongst businesses where people want to stay with AT&T and T-Mobile for global coverage (not withstanding the 8830), as well as a major demand for a 3G device in Europe and Asia where 3G networks are more complete and more rampant. It adds a lot more than simply a new device to the lineup.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:38 AM   #26
undemi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: many
Carrier: T-Mobile

I totally agree with Jibi on this one.

3G is the biggest selling point. Blackberry is lagging way behind on this trend. Look at Nokia's 3G phones. Who says that business people won't enjoy music/video or just faster web browsing on a 3G network? Let alone being able to talk over the phone and browsing internet/sending emails at the same time??

If blackberry is not going to lose this market, they have to release something really quickly. However the 3G network in the US is still lagging behind though. So who knows? However with this spinning global economy, businesses/people have to adapt to the new ever-changing ecosystem FAST.

BTW, LTE (4G) trials in Europe already reaches 300Mbps, 100Mbps is the norm for 4G, which is about 200 times faster than 3G........of course, we have to consider the cell tower wires, overhead, etc....

Starting from April 1, 2008, China Mobile would start offering 3G accounts to mobile users with discounted rates...

Last edited by undemi; 03-28-2008 at 11:50 AM..
Old 03-29-2008, 06:14 AM   #27
atuarre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re

First of all, I think people need to realize that one, 3G has an impact on battery life. Blackberry will probably experience the same issue that Steve Jobs said they were having with the iPhone.

The next big thing is I am tired of hearing people talk about how they will choose the iPhone over the Blackberry. They are two different devices intended for two different purposes. I have both. I would rather cart my Blackberry around than my iPhone if I had to make a choice between the two.

Lastly, lets just wait until RIM actually releases the Blackberry 9000 before we decide what it may or may not look like. I would not call any information posted to a foreign website, especially a Chinese one, reliable.

If the 9000 looks to be a great device, I will probably purchase one. The same applies to the 3G iPhone. Only time will tell, however, about what may lie in store for these devices and I think everyone should just be patient before jumping to any....conclusions, or making rash buying decisions based on speculation.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #28
undemi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: many
Carrier: T-Mobile

Check this out

BlackBerry 9000 in the wild - Engadget Mobile

BTW, there's nothing wrong with a Chinese web site, dude, every single government/nation has its own way of propaganda or faux pas It cost me a lot of wrinkles and worn shoes to finally acknowledge that.