Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
vijyat

Model: 9000B
PIN: N/A
Carrier: fido
Default cannot register BIS with fido

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have a fido plan and I unlocked my bold9000 which was with rogers. I called up fido to get a data plan, but they said Rogers need to release the PIN inorder for me to get the data plan with fido.. Is that true ??

Also apart from the network status under advanced options which says "disblaed" , is athere another indication for me to tell me that the phone is unlocked. ?

Would really appreciate some help in this case.

thanks

OK , so just an update on this. Was on the phone with Fido for about 45 min trying to register on fido.blackberry.com. They told me Rogers need to release the PIN. So I call up Rogers and they said my PIN is not active with them.

Is there a RIM tech support centre I can get in touch with. would like to get my hands on someone who really knows stuff.

Thanks.
OS 5.0.411 (BELL official release) Rogers branede, FIDO sim.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Did you buy the device used? If so, call the seller and have them call their carrier and cancel their BIS account. This will release the PIN for you to use.

If the device was reported as lost or stolen or the account is nt up to date, then the PIN might be banned so there is nothing you can do in that case.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
vijyat

Ya, the device was used. I shall check up with caller regarding his BIS account.

But since it's a Roger's branded phone and Roger's confirmed to me that they don't have the PIN info as it's not registered with them anymore since Jan(PIN was released in Jan).

Would RIM be able to find out as to whom it is locked ?

I couldn't find a call center number for RIM either .

In the mean while I shall again confirm it with the seller.

Thanks,
Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

RIM cannot and will not do anything. You must go through your carrier. Can't call RIM directly for support.

Best bet is the seller and he/she is unable return it an get a refund.

And read the following before you buy another used BB, from eBay or anyone else: Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
vijyat

Ok . so I called up Rogers, they confirmed they released the PIN, called back FIDO , and FIDO called up blackberry on my behalf and RIM confirms that the PIN has been released and that the phone is unlocked.

So wot the FIDO CSR said that it might be a glitch in their system and that I should try to put my SIM in another FIDO blackberry and I should get registration messages and then swap the SIM back to my phone and then they can update their systems.

Will keep updating the post..

thanks for your help.

Didn't buy the phone off ebay, I got it from a friend in my university.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
vijyat

So here's the update. I swapped my SIM with my friend's blackberry and as soon as I turned on his phone, I got an sms saying "Your blackberry has been registered with your wireless provider"....

On my friend's phone the network indication changed to EDGE but when i swapped the SIM back to my phone it still says 3G.

So I called up FIDO and they looked into and said they gave me wrong info about swapping my SIM to another bb. And then they ask me to contact bb support with a case reference number

But still when I try to log on to fido.blackberry.com. I keep getting the same error.

Will call up bb support and see what they say..

Looks like I am the only one with this unique issue. :P Makes me feel special..
Old 02-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
auditman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: 21C1DB50
Carrier: Mobilicity

I have an unlocked bb 9000 which registers fine with fido. I'm have fido bb data plan all worked good. I went to the philippines for a week. using the same bb 9000 i inserted their prepaid smart sim card. I activated their on bb service for a week with no problem. all my regular gmails email was pushed no problem. bb messenger also worked and so as my other apps that requires data. How come my bb which is under bb plan with fido worked with no problem on smart network without releasing my pin from fido.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #8
mike_187
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

did you try putting in your friends sim into your phone? to see if its your account or the phone its self. make sure fido put bb data plan and not generic.

pin only needs to be released if the device was used on a BES not BIS

do you see 3G with a blackberry symbol beside it? or only 3G?

Last edited by mike_187; 02-25-2010 at 03:31 AM..
Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #9
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

mike_187 wrong, if the PIN is registered with another BIS account, it needs to be released to use with the OP's BIS account.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 02-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
vijyat

Umm. sorry about not updating the post. But I called up the blackberry support late at night and got my issue resolved.

Well for once it was an OS issue. I had a leaked version 5.0.411 installed on it and i had to reset it to factory default, as soon as I did that and restarted my bb it worked, i got the bb symbol next to 3G and had bb maps and other applications, was able to register at fido.blackberry.com. So i setup all my emails and messengers and connected my bb to device manager and updated the OS back to what it was .. 5.0.411.

And here we live happily ever after.

Kudos to bb tech support ....
Closed Thread