Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #1
jonsam
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers
Default Web Client 2.0

Please Login to Remove!

I had some difficulty receiving emails from Rogers, so the tech help guy upgraded my web client to 2.0. As a result, I now have three "messages" icons on my Blackbery ... one says "Messages", two are with a green arrow that indicate my email address and my blackberry email address.

If I am in the Messages, and I try to compose an email ... I hav ethe following:

Send Using: [Default]
To:
Cc:
Subject:

If I just fill in the To and the email and send, I get an immediate red X to indicate it could not be sent.
If I highlight the word [Default], I then get to choose the option of either my blackberry email address or my regular email address. Then the email goes out ok.
According to Rogers, I cannot set which one is the default. I always have to either choose it through this method or go to the "Messages" with the green arrow and the appropriate email address I want it sent from.
Is this true ... or is there a way to set which is the default so I can use the consolidated view of all my emails.

Thanks

Jonathan
Old 06-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Have you set your default e-mail address in your settings? By the way, you can hide any one or all of those icons if you want.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
jonsam
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

And where do I find those settings. I searched through the Options within Messages and in the regular OPtions and advanced Options. Closest I can find is Options-Advanced-Message Services. That is set accordingly but it doesnt help.

Jonathan
Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsam View Post
And where do I find those settings. I searched through the Options within Messages and in the regular OPtions and advanced Options. Closest I can find is Options-Advanced-Message Services. That is set accordingly but it doesnt help.

Jonathan
Sorry, my question was misguided. The default address should be your BIS address, although I would never suggest using that under any circumstances. But come to think of it, my wife had problems with this until she manually changed the from account like you did. But once you change the account from Default under the main Messages icon to another account, that should be the account it sends from until you change it again. You shouldn't have to change it each and every time you send a message.

Of course, the other option is to use the dedicated icons.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #5
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsam View Post

Jonathan
By "set accordingly" what do you mean?
Closed Thread