Old 08-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
jschwartz21

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default DM quits when trying to read Outlook 2003 Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,
I've read all the posts about sync problems with Outlook Calendar and have tried just about everything:
- deleting calendar on BB and resynching
- renaming files in various BB folders on my computer
- Scanning pst files (after backing up of course)
- reinstalling old versions of DM and BB
- reinstalling current versions of DM and BB
- scrubbed register data and applications with CCleaner
- reset my BB by taking out battery for XX seconds

Here's the issue...I can sync with all parts of Outlook 2003 except the calendar. The DM reads my BB calendar and processes it, then attempts to read Outlook calendar on desktop and immediately the DM application crashes. It does not process or read a single calender file. Here's the interesting thing... I took a copy of my .pst file home and loaded it on Outlook at home and I could sync everything with my BB perfectly. But my office desktop won't even read the desktop calender. Any solutions aside from getting a new desktop? I'm almost 100% certain it's not my BB but my Desktop. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Jim

Last edited by jschwartz21; 08-19-2008 at 07:42 PM..
Old 08-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
Moonshadow
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
Carrier: TELUS

Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl)

Go into DM and find the PIM options. Try selecting blackberry wireless (or something like that) instead of outlook calendar.

Sorry I cnst remember the name of the calendar referenced above. I don't have my PC available. But thee is the wireless calendar ption that is not Outlook. Hope that helps.

Telus - 8130 - BES/BIS
Old 08-20-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
jschwartz21

Default Not sure what you are referring to

I looked at the Sync setup and viewed my options for which calender to sync with. I have the following options: <non>, Outlook, Yahoo!, and ASCII file. I don't see a wireless option and I'm not sure why I would select that option unless I wanted to sync wirelessly. If I'm using BIS, can I sync wirelessly? Perhaps that is the solution. I just need to figure out how to do that.

So my desktop Outlook calender still causes the DM to crash. Not a single record is read. Any help is greatly appreciated. See my first post for details.

Jim
Old 08-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
jjmach
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

I've seen that several times, you can try basically 2 things
1. Check if you have any conflicts on you calendar, if so you need to delete one of the conflicts
or
2. On your computer go to C:\Documents & Settings\User Name\Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry and delete the Intellisync folder, it may be corrupted and it will be recreated next time you try to sync
Old 08-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
jschwartz21

Default It just takes one person

jjmach,

You are awesome. The advice to delete the Intellisync folder worked great. All I had to do was to set up my sync preferences and everything sync'ed perfectly including the calendar!

Thanks again and have a great day.

P.S. This piece of advice should be added to some master checklist for all those out there experiencing sync problems. Perhaps the moderators could tag this email or add the recommendation to some master list they make available.
Closed Thread