Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:21 AM   #1
nbudros
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular
Default Anti Dynoplex.

Please Login to Remove!

Why cant there be a simple program for simple edits and forwards and saving of microsoft documents.

I dont get it.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

Why title your thread that when the post doesn't even include their name? I find their software extremely easy to use. Customer service is great too. If your having problems with it why not contact them?

And before you ask no I don't work for Dynoplex. I just happen to be a happy customer of theirs.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
cooperpwc
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Dynoplex's eSpell is great. I know that's not on topic but the original post wasn't on topic either...
Old 09-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
sergeyd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

I guess this is a real sign of popularity when peolpe write anti-you posts . Thanks guys for good words and nbudros, our support will be glad to help you on usage.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 09-24-2006, 02:04 AM   #5
kwang98131

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

Wirelessly posted (8700 C: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

So is there a free alternative?

Last edited by kwang98131; 09-24-2006 at 02:05 AM..
Old 09-24-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

I was never able to get Dynoplex to work well, and support kept giving advice which never got to the bottom of the problem. Given the fact that it wasn't ready for distribution yet (that's admittedly my own opinion) and the fact that I would have had to mortgage my house to by the software (it is [or was] exorbitantly expensive), I gave up trying after about four days of the trial.

I haven't tried in many months, so maybe there have been great improvements.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:41 AM   #7
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

At the present time unfortunately not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwang98131
Wirelessly posted (8700 C: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

So is there a free alternative?
Old 09-24-2006, 08:46 AM   #8
sergeyd

gdpmumin, what was the problem?
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 09-24-2006, 08:56 AM   #9
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyd
gdpmumin, what was the problem?
In short, it didn't work. More specifically, once we got past the creation of a trial account (which required a hard reset of my BlackBerry for some reason) the software would load and simply provide a blank screen. The toolbar was there, and I could select items in the menus, but when I selected these items, nothing happened.

I never was successful in creating or editing any documents. Since this isn't a crucial aspect of my work, I gave up trying after about days. Support was relatively quick in their responses, but they kept telling me, It must be working. It must be working. It wasn't working.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:08 PM   #10
sergeyd

Hmm. Per your description seems like you only got eOffice shell installed, without eWord or eCell, which are the editors. If you want to give it another shot, PM me and I will arrange a senior support person to call you.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 04-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #11
alphasports

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers (CAN) / A1 (AUT) / Swisscom (SUI) / T-Mobile (USA)

I have had similar problems with eWord and MasterDoc. They simply can't open simple DOC or PDF files. I always get the "unable to open file" message. I installed the complete suite (no choice), twice, but no joy. Too bad because I really need a simple app that can read PDFs stored on my SD card. Seems simple enough.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #12
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: do not use

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasports View Post
I have had similar problems with eWord and MasterDoc. They simply can't open simple DOC or PDF files. I always get the "unable to open file" message. I installed the complete suite (no choice), twice, but no joy. Too bad because I really need a simple app that can read PDFs stored on my SD card. Seems simple enough.
Alphasports, please drop an email at [email address]. We could arrangea phone talk next week to get your MasterDco up and running
Old 04-25-2007, 01:45 AM   #13
Besworthy

Model: 8703
PIN: N/A

what other software does dynoplex have?

Last edited by Besworthy; 04-25-2007 at 01:46 AM..
Old 04-25-2007, 06:27 AM   #14
jimispier
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: prick
Carrier: T-mobile

I'd personally like to see an open source alternative.. I'm sure dynoplex does some outstanding work, but its the whole Microsoft mentality of having a strangle hold on a market and charging whatever they want for the software..

If Dynoplex wanted to spark a whole new sect of customers, they could easiely retool their "office" suite into a stripped down version with limited functionality for the personal user.. I see their current offerings and I see business users being attracted to the product and being able to afford (and therefore write off) the cost of the software.

I am not willing to pay the $200 for the software, but I'd be willing to shelling out $20 - $40 for the stripped down version..

Dynoplex - You obviously are the pioneer in this genre of software for the Blackberry. So don't pigneon hole yourself in just business folk.. Expand your market share by expanding your customer base.. Its obvious that we are calling for your software, make it for us..
Old 04-27-2007, 01:13 AM   #15
jimispier
Thumbs Must Hurt

Didn't expect this thread to get so quite so soon..lol
Old 07-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #16
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Let's try to revive it: DynoPlex Inc. announces release of eOffice and MasterDoc v. 4.1.0.21, designed for viewing, editing, email/fax/print sending of files and attachments
New features:
xxx8226; Working with native attachments: Receive documents, save them in native format on the device or SD card. Documents can be copied to the laptop over USB or the SD card, or stored on the device for future use via email.
xxx8226; eWorks Desktop feature: Quickly and easily create and send e-mails and attachments from your laptop via your BlackBerry while your PC is off-line.
xxx8226; Mouse option: Use your trackball to direct the mouse pointer like on your PC - navigate through files, folders and documents with ease.
xxx8226; Buy Now: Quickly obtain licenses for new DynoPlex applications over the air from eFile and use them straight away!
xxx8226; eFile Desktop: Fast and direct uploading PC files to your BB memory and back via USB with a choice of whether to convert files into eOffice format or not.

Fixes:
1. Problems in eOffice dialogues on BBs with OS 4.2.2 fixed.
2. Fixed minor issues with attachments.
3. Optimized eWorks performance and synchronization.
4. Sending attachments from eFile is now available.
5. Fax function fixes.

Version is available at: 1) Downloads Productivity applications for RIM OS v4.0 Blackberry of DynoPlex from PC; 2)http://dynoplex.com-> Mobile -> Downloads from BB

We will appreciate any comments from you upon our product new version
Old 07-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #17
dahov
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbra View Post
Let's try to revive it: DynoPlex Inc. announces release of eOffice and MasterDoc v. 4.1.0.21, designed for viewing, editing, email/fax/print sending of files and attachments
New features:
xxx8226; Working with native attachments: Receive documents, save them in native format on the device or SD card. Documents can be copied to the laptop over USB or the SD card, or stored on the device for future use via email.
xxx8226; eWorks Desktop feature: Quickly and easily create and send e-mails and attachments from your laptop via your BlackBerry while your PC is off-line.
xxx8226; Mouse option: Use your trackball to direct the mouse pointer like on your PC - navigate through files, folders and documents with ease.
xxx8226; Buy Now: Quickly obtain licenses for new DynoPlex applications over the air from eFile and use them straight away!
xxx8226; eFile Desktop: Fast and direct uploading PC files to your BB memory and back via USB with a choice of whether to convert files into eOffice format or not.

Fixes:
5. Fax function fixes.

Version is available at: 1) Downloads Productivity applications for RIM OS v4.0 Blackberry of DynoPlex from PC; 2)http://dynoplex.com-> Mobile -> Downloads from BB

Dynoplex's eOffice is a great product.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #18
jimispier
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thumbs down

Quote:
New features:
• Working with native attachments: Receive documents, save them in native format on the device or SD card. Documents can be copied to the laptop over USB or the SD card, or stored on the device for future use via email.
• eWorks Desktop feature: Quickly and easily create and send e-mails and attachments from your laptop via your BlackBerry while your PC is off-line.
• Mouse option: Use your trackball to direct the mouse pointer like on your PC - navigate through files, folders and documents with ease.
• Buy Now: Quickly obtain licenses for new DynoPlex applications over the air from eFile and use them straight away!
• eFile Desktop: Fast and direct uploading PC files to your BB memory and back via USB with a choice of whether to convert files into eOffice format or not.

Fixes:
5. Fax function fixes.

You "revived" a topic without answering the concerns of the psychographic that is asking (read: demanding) a product that fits them. I (for one) don't care if dynoplex has come up a new product.. I want to know when they are going to make software affordable..

So, work on that and then get back to us...
Old 07-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #19
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimispier View Post
I (for one) don't care if dynoplex has come up a new product.. I want to know when they are going to make software affordable..

So, work on that and then get back to us...
Jimispier, thank you for your concerns but don't you think all those who stay behind interfaces, menus and dialogues on a BB screen should earn their living elsewhere but not in developing and supporting the application?
Dahov, thanks for your comment.

Last edited by danbra; 07-06-2007 at 10:00 PM..
Old 07-06-2007, 10:19 PM   #20
jimispier
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Jimispier, thank you for your concerns but don't you think all those who stay behind interfaces, menus and dialogues on a BB screen should earn their living elsewhere but not in developing and supporting the application?
Dahov, thanks for your comment.
Thank you for your response to this.. As I outlined in one of my previous posts about the Dynoplex line of products, is that Dynoplex is skipping an entire segment of the populace that it could market a stripped down version while retaining a very comfortable profit margin.

Unlike most of the disgruntled complaints you receive, I am a business and marketing major in college. I am handing the Dynoplex company a gift of information that many people feel is important to them. You can't put a price on this type of free market research. Not only that, but the Dynoplex company is getting free development advice from people who want the product..

I believe that a company should (and needs) to make money to pay people and turn out new and innovative products. However, if companies stop listening to the consumer and start listening to their wallets, they will eventually fail..

This may be something to print off and share with the company executives or not..
Closed Thread