Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #21
bashirdr

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

In response to original poster:
Same exact thing happened to me. It was right after I updated a few apps and set up my phone with a gmail account. Got a call from a familiar number, but no photo or name.

Interesting difference: Contacts list was still there, but if I tried to search it, no results would appear! Pulled the battery, and viola, they were all gone.

I suspect the problem was syncing with gmail. It grabbed all my contacts in a cut and paste fashion, instead of a copy and paste fashion. Grrr.

My solution was to download and install the google sync app, to restore the list on my phone from my newly generated gmail contact list. It made a lot of duplicate entries, but at least I didn't lose all the info.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:59 AM   #22
rigobertom28

Carrier: Sprint
Smile My Contacts Dissapeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue_Mahone View Post
I had the same issue, all my contacts disappeared, and I couldn't restore them from the back-up file. I just switched over from my 8330 to my 8530 yesterday. As it turns out in the process of setting it up, I added a Gmail account and it asked if I wanted to sync contacts. Sure, why not? I had no contacts in that Gmail. I finally went in and checked the sync to off, then was able to restore my contacts. Hope this helps someone.
Just wanted to say thanks did exactly what you mention on here then I clicked on Contacts right clicked clicked on View All and MAGIC all my Contacts came back to life jejejejeje...
Old 05-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #23
purplelover13

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue_Mahone View Post
I had the same issue, all my contacts disappeared, and I couldn't restore them from the back-up file. I just switched over from my 8330 to my 8530 yesterday. As it turns out in the process of setting it up, I added a Gmail account and it asked if I wanted to sync contacts. Sure, why not? I had no contacts in that Gmail. I finally went in and checked the sync to off, then was able to restore my contacts. Hope this helps someone.
How do you get back in and turn off the unsync? I'm having this contacts issue on my 8530 too. Just got the contacts added Thursday...grr.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #24
purplelover13

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigobertom28 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks did exactly what you mention on here then I clicked on Contacts right clicked clicked on View All and MAGIC all my Contacts came back to life jejejejeje...
Help a newbie? How does one right click on a BB?
Old 05-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #25
purplelover13

Sorry to keep posting in here, but I deleted the Gmail app and my contacts came back! WEIRD! Trying to reinstall it with limited access to see if it does it again.
Closed Thread