Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #41
ithehappy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone Essar

Please Login to Remove!

Well the above did the opposite for me, tried the step with a razor, pulled that gray part just a bit and the sound was just gone, was playing the bold music while doing. I have to press it hard again form every side and now the sound is back, but have fear that if it disappears again. What should I do to put that gray part just there and fit just it was?
Thanks.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:54 AM   #42
khayes100

Carrier: att

Taping some fragments of an old credit card did the trick. I was going nuts, and AT&T didn't comprehend a bit. THIS is what the Internet is for - finding solutions to problems which shouldn't have existed in the first place. Thanks everyone for keeping me from going crazy!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #43
naqqashs

Model: 9000B
Carrier: original holster

yahoooooooooooo!!!!.... just a little pin in that ****ing space ... and its awesome .. i have to lower the volume .. its too high now .. i been messing with this machne for the last two days .. and this one worked out ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse096 View Post
I just tried this, but with pushing on it... it does seem to be the problem. The battery door is pushing on mine just enough to cause the problem, but if I push on it a little more the problem goes away... I'm just gonna buy a new mid section since I'm going to be changing my housing anyway...

-Jesse
Old 08-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #44
Albertan

Carrier: Rogers
Default Fixed (for now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naqqashs View Post
yahoooooooooooo!!!!.... just a little pin in that ****ing space ... and its awesome .. i have to lower the volume .. its too high now .. i been messing with this machne for the last two days .. and this one worked out ...
I have to admit that the problem of continually losing my ring tone has been a major nuisance.

I just poked the little pin with the tip of my fingernail and it seemed to fix the problem. I then folded over a business card and placed it between the battery and the back cover. I'm a little dubious as to how long this "fix" will work, but I'll try it for now and hope for the best.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #45
chuongnino

Carrier: Starhub

thanks for the show
Old 09-01-2010, 06:37 AM   #46
BrainChild

Carrier: Wind

Hi all
Ixxx8217;m new in this forum and Ixxx8217;m so happy about thisxxx8230;
I will go straight to my point
Ixxx8217;m owner of a BB bold 9000xxx8230; in the pass I have exactly the same problem according to the loud speaker, before 3 months I send my device for a service to one of the official service partners of BB in Athens Greece. After of period of 3 months the device came to me with no problem and the charge it was almost 250xxx8364;xxx8230;
Today I have exactly the same problem with my loud speaker.
I get a strong decision to open the device by myself and check what is going on.

The problem is NOT in the middle frame.

You must NOT use any peppers or a PVC card between the battery etcxxx8230;

Try this and you will thank me

Switch off the device and unplug the battery
Unscrew the middle frame and get it off the main board

Behind the middle frame and at the top you may see the loud speaker, get a needle and very careful remove the speaker from the middle frame. Very very very careful put it back without to squeeze the speaker.

Screw everything, plug the battery and N joy

I will try also in this days to send you a video about this service

PS Sorry for my English is not so well and I know this :(
Old 09-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #47
ameans2anend

Carrier: At&t
Default Loss of sound fix

Over a 3 month period, the ringer and speaker on my phone progressively became harder to hear. I thought I would try sticking a little piece of paper above the "little gray box". Only difference was that I didn't leave the piece of paper in place. I couldn't get the paper to stay in place so I ended up just rubbing the paper around in there. I then tried my phone speaker and voila! It was playing back to it's normal volume level. So far it seems to be the trick. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #48
jkline

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I've had to do a variety of these fixes (i'm not taking it apart) each time the volume disappears, but to be perfectly honest, a good 'love tap' on a desk with the front top where the speaker is located does the trick often enough. Not recommended to those who don't know their own strength.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #49
LeeRo

Model: 8300

sweet fix. just jammed a bit a paper under the edge of that gray part and alllllll is good!!!

ThanXXXX
Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #50
GumbyDuder

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithehappy View Post
Well the above did the opposite for me, tried the step with a razor, pulled that gray part just a bit and the sound was just gone, was playing the bold music while doing. I have to press it hard again form every side and now the sound is back, but have fear that if it disappears again. What should I do to put that gray part just there and fit just it was?
Thanks.
I had the same problem. My speaker fixes would alternate between lifting the the gray plastic above the LED flash and putting pressure on the same area.

I found a webpage that suggested that you layer 3 small pieces of duct tape over the top portion of the gray LED flash enclosure. I tried this and it worked PERFECTLY. In fact, I think my phone is louder now than it was when I first got it. BTW, 3 pieces of duct tape is all you need, 4 almost prevents the battery cover from latching on the top.

I would post a link to the webpage that has a picture of what I'm talking about but apparently I have to have 10 posts on this forum to do so. Unfortunately I don't plan on doing that, I just wanted to share the fix I found. I guess if you need the link send me a private message or something.

Last edited by GumbyDuder; 11-03-2010 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: grammar and wording
Old 11-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #51
adixis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
Carrier: Three Mobile

maybe this one helps YouTube - How to fix - Ringer not working Blackbery BOLD
Old 11-17-2010, 01:07 AM   #52
sandro21
No longer Registered.

Model: 7100T
Carrier: Vodafone GR
Default Re: Blackberry Bold Speaker Fix???

My friend's left speaker doesn't work yesterday, he bought it last month, we are really disappointed with it!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #53
baslam

Model: 8310
Default Re: I fixed my low speaker issue:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2smov View Post
12/18/2009 Low Speaker Ringer Sound Volume Blackberry Bold 9000 compared to original settings fix

Not sure if my method was or was not mentioned. As I saw the tape/card methods being thrown around that keyed me to the problem area.

THE FIX: Without taking my phone apart (forgive ME I'm not technical with the phone parts) i found the problem with the low volume was in the light gray part with the flash and the black rivet looking things(the grey flash box is my name for it). at the top of the grey box theres a thin gap (as if u wanted to pull the grey part off from the top) and I simply took a thin object (razor, paper clip or something hard and slimmer than a butter knife) and just BARELY started moving it around as a song played to see if it affected anything and it did. It needed to be pulled away just a bit so I took a post-it note and follded it til about 4 ply and wedged it.

My phone is back to its normal loud ring

Hope that helps and let me know if it works for you!
This is a FIX!!! Thanks a million!
Old 12-24-2010, 04:00 AM   #54
pillot

Carrier: beeline

youtube guide really helped!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #55
jkrantz

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

The question I have is why hasn't BlackBerry issued a recall on this speaker volume issue? This is clearly a design flaw. I manage over 100 BlackBerry phones and I have a box full with this defect. Sticking items behind the speaker is admirable but BlackBerry needs to step up and solve this issue!

By the way for those who aren't aware there is an audio test feature that can be accessed by selecting settings, options, status. When the status is displayed type "test" and you will be presented with a handy test menu that will allow you to test the phones features including sound!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #56
btaylor1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Q10
Carrier: at&t

jkrantz, thanks. i had not been aware of this before. i recently had the midplate replaced, and that seems to be a fix so far, but i was interested to try the "test" your message above taught me about for the first time. i selected several components for the test, and it is now running, but it's been on one test for about seven minuters, displaying

Light Sensor Test
(1/19)

with numerical values occasionally changing (and eventually screen saver kicks in...)

question: is the "test" supposed to be short duration, or should i expect it to take a good while before completing? (i guess if it stays stuck indefinitely on the light sensor test, i should do a battery pull <?>)

thx again
Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #57
lukunas

Model: b9000
Carrier: n/a

I have been going through the forums for quit sometime and I have noticed there are a number of people with speaker or audio problems. I have a bb9000. Recording videos is a problem on mine. On playback picture is perfect but there is no sound. Voice recorded notes have no sound. Computer music/ video files play perfectly. Now I can't take photos or record anything. The battery gets low fast. I bought another one and both do not last 5hrs. Is a bb9000 a trusted phone? The audio problems, do they have a solution? how long does a battery normally last? any help?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #58
ggchapin

Carrier: att

Here is what worked for me after tryiing all the above suggestions.. I taped two pieces of paper folded once on both sides of the cover so that they reside on both sides of the speaker and it works great loud ring, speaker phone etc. good luck
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #59
BIBA

Model: 9800
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Thanks for the info in this topic. I know how to impress my wife . . . by fixing her poor speaker volume.
Closed Thread