BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
pearlfreak

Model: 8100
Carrier: t mobile
Question Blackberry Curve 8310 Screen Contrast Difference?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello!

This is my first time posting on these forums and hope that i can get an answers on a question i have about the new AT&T 8310 CURVE..
I bought two 8310 curves from an at & t store and when i got home i powered both phones on and noticed a very interesting thing!
Both of the LCD's are very different in contrast with both phones being on the highest brightness there is a definite difference in color and contrast on each phone, i looked at both phones with the preloaded pictures and noticed more redness in the pictures such as the stone Arch and the picture of the sand in the desert, i also compared both with the web and there was noticeable differences between both one showing more contrast and the other phones with less contrast looked a little washed out, i found this very strange and concerning because i thought all the screens on this phones would be the same but that doesn't seem to be the case, i checked to see were both phones were manufactured at and they both are canadian built.
So i stopped by an at&t store to check their display models and 2 out of 4 models had the same contrast issue i asked the sales rep about it it it seemed like he didn't care and said it's normal???
My reason for posting this is to see how many people here that have the Blackberry Curve 8310 or even the Blackberry Curve 8320 have the same issue and if you do is there any way to fix the contrast on the phone?
To me it seams like a defect but maybe there is some setting i can adjust for the contrast that i am missing.
The build quality on these phones are is realy beginning to bug me.
Any advice would be great!

Thank You!
pearlfreak

Also you can notice the color difference on the icons such as the keyboard lock looks a darker yellow then the one with less contrast and also the help question mark looks also more yellow instead of a pale yellow that the one with less contrast displays. [/B]
Old 10-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #2
dgw2
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I am not sure whether you ever got anyone to reply other than the post, but I am seeing the same thing on my 8310. When compared to my 8830, the screen contrast is definitely greater. I am still going back and forth as to whether I can deal with it being so different. It is probably within their specifications, but can be irritating.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
YoYoSlap
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

I am having same issue. The yellow smileys and message envelopes are more gold than yellow and the greys are more of a purpleish. I actually logged in today to see of anyone had the same problem. might just take it in for exchange within 30 days if it still bothers me. But i bought 2 today and the other doesnt have tht problem at all
Old 12-10-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
Bounce
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

same problem with me....verry annoying
Old 01-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
YoYoSlap
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

wanna laugh..... i exchanged in my "darker" contrast 8310 and got a new one and guess what...... colors ar all washed. the yellow is now faded and looks like pastel. I must have gotten used to the other contrast lol.

Does anyone make a screen contrast or color adjuster for berrys. would be a cool program.

btw im usually not this anal but i look at my berry all day and its bothering me
Old 01-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

One question because I thought there was a difference between my original phone and a warranty exchange. If you tilt the phone away from you, does the screen get darker or lighter?

I think my original phone got darker when viewed from the bottom, but the new one gets lighter. So if it was on the desk, the old one looked better and the new one looks washed out. But from a higher angle such as if it is in my charging stand, the new one looks nice.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #7
saint_dumbo

Model: 8310
Carrier: simple
Exclamation LCD Matrix difference

Hi, people! I bought my blackberry 8130 in the end of february 2008, it comes with 5 themes... one of them was vodafone green theme... i pick it up and actually there was nothing green!!! On my device this "green" is something between brown and yellow...! Two collegues of mine both two other phones a week ago... and the green was GREEN! I found really odd this thing... I'll go to blackberry service and I pretend to give me one with TRUE color MATRIX result!!! It is not possible so much difference not in the brightness but in color gamma and do not know about you but for me red should be red not orange!!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
andrewsf

Carrier: T-Mobile

I received a refurbished warranty exchange 8320 today from T-Mobile that had this issue - the colors were faded/washed out. They said they'd never heard of this before but are sending me another device.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
Greg G

Model: 8330

just wanted to weight in here...

I was in the process of exchanging my 8330 under warranty because of a broken battery door clip, and while holding the replacement next to my broken phone, I noticed the new phone's screen looked terrible compared to mine. Tried a few more brand new 8330's and they all looked washed out.

Decided to keep my broken phone on the spot.

I dont know why the screens vary so much, but you certainly arent crazy.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #10
RadHaz75
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: BALL
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

i noticed this with my att 8310 curve when i upgraded to the 4.5 code. i tried to set the address book separators to "stripes" and couldn't notice any difference unless i tilted the screen to an extreme angle (and still then i could barely make it out).
Old 08-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
andrewsf

Carrier: T-Mobile

The 2nd replacement arrived with a perfect screen, however whenever I made a phone call there was a high pitched noise coming out of the speaker. They're sending me another one...I really hope it has a proper screen and doesn't make that annoying noise.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:46 PM   #12
Deraj090
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

hey guys -- re-opening this thread..i noticed the same thing on my 8310. just did an upgrade, where I was given one that didnt work at all, one that looked fine but had a problem with the vibrate, and now replaced it in-store for this one....this one is flawless, other than the color...

do you think I should exchange again? this would be my 4th. maybe call AT&T and ask them to send me one? I think both AT&T stores here are getting sick of me.
Closed Thread