Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
bmccall17

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Question vMail message notification

Please Login to Remove!

two part question:
1) my verizon vMail notification ON my blackberry stays on, even when I have NO NEW vMail messages. I have old messages that I want to save, but I would like for the notification icon to only appear if I have a new vMail. Anyone know how to configure this?

2) i would like to be notified if I have new vMail on my business line. Is there a utility that will check my company line for new vMail and send my blackberry a notification that I have a new vMail there?
Old 02-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

1-The VM notification should not stay on after you have retrieved your new message. Often doing a battery pull and reboot will clear that. there is not a configuration for that, its a simple glitch that should not keep repeating itself.

2-don't know of one.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:21 AM   #3
albiesf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccall17
two part question:
1) my verizon vMail notification ON my blackberry stays on, even when I have NO NEW vMail messages. I have old messages that I want to save, but I would like for the notification icon to only appear if I have a new vMail. Anyone know how to configure this?

2) i would like to be notified if I have new vMail on my business line. Is there a utility that will check my company line for new vMail and send my blackberry a notification that I have a new vMail there?
1) Sometimes doing a reboot will not get rid of the VM icon. So if the icon remains on your screen, go to your SMS folder and manually delete the VM. Just so you know, VMs are logged in the SMS folder and even after you've listened to your VMs, there are times when the VM remains logged as new.

2) As for this one, I don't anything out there that does this. That would be a great app if there is something like it.

"There's a time for compromise...it's called later".
Old 02-11-2007, 04:52 AM   #4
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

as far as number two, you might want to check with your company voicemail provider to see if they can configure it to send you a email/text when you have a new one.. I know mine has the capability to do that, but i'm not sure if thats common with other systems.

I also know that when I use to have a pager and cell phone and worked in an area where there was no cell service but there was pager service, verizon was able to have it automatically send me a page with my own phone number when I got a new message, maybe something similar is possible with your work vmail..
Old 02-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #5
bmccall17

ok, where is the SMS message folder? Is this the one labeled Messages?

i tried the batter pull and reboot. The icon is still there.

Please advise,
bam
Old 02-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

SMS folder = messages > view folder > choose which you want to view (in or out)

Or quick shortcut from the message screen - press ALT and S
Old 02-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #7
ddaallas

Carrier: Sprint
Default Voicemail to Email Function

My company uses something called "Inter-Tel Unified Messaging" which puts all my voicemails in my email. The email subject is "Outside Caller (callerID#)" or if it's someone within the firm, it shows the caller's name.

I can double-click the email and listen to it through my computer. More importantly, they pop up on my BB as new email messages. I can't listen to them on the BB, but I know I have a new message and can call into the office.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #8
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccall17
It would have to be a feature of your business line's voicemail. We have Cisco IP phones and Unity is configured to email us voicemail notifications with the caller info and a WAV file attachment with the message. The attachment is useless on a Blakcberry but the email itself is handy.
Closed Thread