BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 03:37 PM   #41
mssconsulting

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

One more quirky thing - whenever I synch my 8700c, the clock on my device moves back one hour. I really think that the world is going to be in chaos starting this Sunday.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #42
albiesf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Whoa, that sounds scary. I'm assuming the PC you're syncing to is also updated with the DST patch from Microsoft, although I know that's been a nightmare for my IT guys. If you're syncing on your own personal desktop not connected to the network, I hope you've already updated that.

I agree with you...I think there will be a lot of missed appointments and flights on Monday.

"There's a time for compromise...it's called later".
Old 03-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #43
southernbills

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssconsulting
You're confusing me, dude. You said in the posted quote above that you didn't need the patch, and now you're talking about teh dates being correct after you applied the patch. Did you do it, or not?
I did not apply the patch to the 8700. However my office applied the Outlook patch to our desktop servers.
My test on the 8700 was to see if the .377 OS already had the DST dates updated or if I needed to apply the patch.
Sorry for the confusion
Old 03-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #44
nileon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Anywhere I can dwnload patch strght onto my BB? I'm not near my desk for 3 days!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #45
kitmoni
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
PIN: >Options>Status
Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted (Thumpers 8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hey Jeff, let me clarify for you. We outsource to IBM, so it's liky we have a nearly obsolete implementation. I will admit that the database features of Notes are significantly stronger than Exchange's "public folders". BUT, for a messaging solution it is a dinosaur at best. Three or four clicks to do what takes one or two in exchange. No folder sorting memory (for those of us that actually file messages). Super slow and labor intensive address book management (like only able to keep one email address per contact). Very limited drag and drop. There is more, but this shouldn't turn into a Notes review thread.

I'll admit that there are some powerful features, if you'll admit there is some significant user un-friendliness. I just heard from our admin on my patch issue - I'm patched, but I still have to go in and manually change many of my recurring appointments, and those in the affected date range.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #46
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileon
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Anywhere I can dwnload patch strght onto my BB? I'm not near my desk for 3 days!

Yep, i've personally posted this link about a dozen times in the past few days, other have also.

BlackBerry
Old 03-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #47
kitmoni

Interesting note to add here. I did install the patch, and I do see the 2007 DST Patch under options. HOWEVER, my device hasn't changed for DST yet, and when I click on the Patch in options it tells me: "2007 DST Patch Manager is running... Patch not found: Trying again later at: Mar 11,2007 6:19pm". The time moves each time it tries and adds a later time.

Does this mean there's a problem applying the patch to my device?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #48
kitmoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitmoni
Interesting note to add here. I did install the patch, and I do see the 2007 DST Patch under options. HOWEVER, my device hasn't changed for DST yet, and when I click on the Patch in options it tells me: "2007 DST Patch Manager is running... Patch not found: Trying again later at: Mar 11,2007 6:19pm". The time moves each time it tries and adds a later time.

Does this mean there's a problem applying the patch to my device?
Now it's fixed. I went on-line and did the USB patch and that worked great. My time automatically changed and I'm good. That doesn't solve the calendar issues I'm having with Notes, but the inconvenience should be somewhat minor.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #49
saa001
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330

Yes, chaos has ensued. My microwave did not change time (it doesn't do the daylight saving thing). The horror of taking 20 seconds to change the time. Also my car did not change time. I had to spend another 20 seconds changing that too.

This was really blown out of proportion. Yes there was some minor incconvinience but really it was a Sunday and that gives a lot of people time to fix anything they mave have overlooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssconsulting
One more quirky thing - whenever I synch my 8700c, the clock on my device moves back one hour. I really think that the world is going to be in chaos starting this Sunday.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #50
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

True. For the individual user it's really not that big of a deal. Just set the clock. However, if you use calendar connected to an exchange server on a BES then it is a big deal because your appointments will be an hour off. If you invite others to meetings using the calendar function, which many people do, then it creates real havoc on the whole system because they are all interconnected with the individual PC's time, Outlook's programming, the BB's time, the Exchange server's time and the BES server's time. If any one is not corrected then problems ensue. That's where the problem lies.

For someone who has a BB and doesn't use any of that stuff then it's no big deal. Just set the clock and move on.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #51
kitmoni

I agree with John here. I don't think it will be chaos, but it's not as simple as resetting your microwave, saa. I'm a Notes user, and we patched. But the patch doesn't apply to recurring calendar entries or invites sent from someone else. So I have to inspect my calendar for entries that meet those criteria and may be off (but no guarantee). Plus, you can't change a calendar entry send via invite from someone else because they own it. So you need to send them an email to request that they change the calendar time on their end. Or just delete the entry and enter a non-invite version, which of course completely eliminates the benefit of invitations where you can manage attendees dynamically.

If it were just my microwave I would be quite happy. That was adjusted before beddy-bye. But since I now have to question every calendar entry for the next month, then again at the end of DST, it's a bit more of an inconvenience, and may cause some missed commitments.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #52
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Please note that if you did not patch your PC or BB, then on April 1st, it will jump ahead an hour, and it will fall back on the OLD date in October and not the new date in November.

Nothing more than a nuisance for the consumer. But please don't post and ask, on April 1st, why your BB has the wrong time
Old 03-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #53
SharifTK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have this "2007 DST Patch" on the top of my options menu - it's just annoying me lol ... I want it gone :(
Closed Thread