Old 02-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
greggov
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t
Default mp3 ringtones on 8700c?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all,
new here to using a Blackberry, and so far I love it. It is hard to imagine how I lived without it. Great forum here too, I've solved many issues just by browsing around.

I have tried searching but could not find what I was looking for. Probably just bad at searching(sorry!) Please point me in the right direction if the answer is somewhere else.

I have tried everything to upload an mp3 ringtone to my phone. I tried emailing it (BIS) and it shows as an attachment, but no option to save. I then tried emailing to GMail (using the application) and I could "view" the attachment, but not save. I then used the BB Browser to navigate to GMail, and same thing.... Could not save. I then tried uploading via FTP to a website (given to me by my school) and accessing it that way, but all I got when I did that was random text and symbols, and not a music file.

The files are in mp3 format, and under 300k (which I read somewhere is the max size? correct me if I am wrong)

Any thoughts on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Greg
Old 02-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
The-Red-Elf
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

Try setting you browser to emulate IE. Then go to gmail, and you should be able to download. I think this is what worked for me.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
moosehead
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
PIN: tucked behind a bunker
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Couple ways u can do this. Neither is through email. Use this site to upload your ringtone to and follow the instructions. Coolservice.dk

Another way is to on your BB browser navigate to for example www.tuneusin.com and download from there direcly to your BB.

Last edited by moosehead; 02-09-2007 at 09:20 PM..
Old 02-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
albiesf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

I've used tunesin.com and mobile41.com for downloading MP3s and they have a good selection. Another way outside of gmail is your Yahoo briefcase. When you save your MP3s in your briefcase, open up your briefcase on your BB and you should be able to download from there.

And yet another way is through senduit | Share easily.. This site allows you to upload your files and creates a temporary link where you (and others if you want) can access through another PC or in this case your BB.

"There's a time for compromise...it's called later".
Old 02-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
greggov
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: at&t

thanks guys! I set my BB to emulate MS IE and then web based GMail as basic HTML. I just thought that there had to be an easier way, such as emailing it to the BB and just saving the attachment. I could not get tuneusin.com to work though. I would chose a song, and then when the media player showed, the time said 0:00 and nothing played. oh well, I like making my own anyway

Thanks again!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Jake_says

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Couple ways u can do this. Neither is through email. Use this site to upload your ringtone to and follow the instructions.
Coolservice.dk

Another way is to on your BB browser navigate to for example tuneusin and download from there direcly to your BB.
Thanks so much! I've been searched for an uploader for a long time but haven't found one. I just tried Coolservice.dk and it worked perfectly! On a side note, I just sent 39 ringtones that I made to tuneusin.com, so their selection should be even bigger once they get them uploaded.
Closed Thread