Old 01-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #41
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabxyz
I second or third the need for a robust built in file manager something like FExplorer for Symbian OS would be great to manage doc , music or vid files especially when the device has limited memory capacity due to lack of SD/mini-SD card slot. Thanks for doing this. can you put in a link for your blog pieces I'd like to read them.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ycool-com.html
Old 01-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #42
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Originally Posted by Nickster248
I find fault not so much with the BB itself (8703e) but with the BB OS. We desperately need increased PIM capabilities which, in my opinion, are essential if one is to put away their Palm of Pocket PC and go strictly with the BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Care to share some details of these increased capabilities?

One PIM function I would love would be to schedule a meeting/call/to-do from within the contact view screen.
Example:
VIEW:
Smith Company
John Smith
>click trackwheel>show option for Schedule>Click schedule>show option for meeting/call/to-do>pick and click>set details and time>clickOK

This would create the activity and link it to the contact.

An easier way of doing this for me and many others who use ACT! as a contact manager would be for the development of ACT for BB. There is currently an ACT for Palm that is great but since I switched to BB it is the thing that I have missed most.

I understand the ACT aspect of this cuts down the population of people that need this but it if you make "contact/activity linking" available in the OS then it makes the ACT specific part irrelevant and could be useful for many.

Great thread- Thanks Jibi.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #43
Baz7520
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

This one may be a stretch.

Ability to create a voice recording and translate it to MemoPad.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #44
aaronkt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

What about some equalization for the MP3/Video player?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #45
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

1. Label certain emails so that I can take actions on those items when I get in office. someothing like TagIt
2. support more fonts so that emails do not look that plain text.
3. Open more service on Bluetooth connection. Right not it only has audio and COM ports available to other applications.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #46
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Bring back folders to BIS with real time sync. Will BIS 3.0 have that?
Old 01-17-2007, 02:10 PM   #47
MooseNYC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

- Ability to have a profile exception based upon "sent to" currently it is only 'sent from'
- Ability to filter BCC messages on the BIS to block all the spam sent via BCC
Old 01-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #48
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Bring back folders to BIS with real time sync. Will BIS 3.0 have that?
I think BIS 3.0 will become more like BES 4.x (although 5.0 will be out by that time). I personally think we'll see full PIM sync, perhaps some wireless backup/restore functions, etc. Just my opinion - not sure how much more they can improve one what they have without adding these sort of enterpise-only features (perhaps sync w/ Hotmail would be something else).
Old 01-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #49
cmpugh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Quote:
I think BIS 3.0 will become more like BES 4.x (although 5.0 will be out by that time). I personally think we'll see full PIM sync, perhaps some wireless backup/restore functions, etc. Just my opinion - not sure how much more they can improve one what they have without adding these sort of enterpise-only features (perhaps sync w/ Hotmail would be something else).

This would be great... then I could drop my hosted BES
Old 01-17-2007, 09:01 PM   #50
No Longer Registered.

What I want to see in my BB are other Message Icons specifically just for PIN, SMS / MMS and email messages.

Having to search folder and view what kind of messages you want to browse is a pain. Getting those icon in the homescreen would just be a click away and I can get information fast and easy. Time is money, so the shortest time you have to spend on searching vital information for your business and getting messages organize, the better reason why you need a BlackBerry.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:06 PM   #51
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Ditto. But please give us the option to choose what we want in the messages folder. Something like "show pins in message folder" "yes/no". Same with Sms, etc. Don't take away our options like with auto-backlight.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #52
mortys11
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BOLD
Carrier: rogers

make the green send key send emails/pins/sms when in compose mode

i hate clicking the wheel twice to send
Old 01-19-2007, 07:07 PM   #53
cmpugh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortys11
make the green send key send emails/pins/sms when in compose mode

i hate clicking the wheel twice to send

THANK YOU!! I get so sick of having to click, click to send sms/email etc. This would solve so many of my frustrations!!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #54
DZD
Thumbs Must Hurt

Cool A couple of suggestions...

When a task or calendar alarm is displayed, provide an option to determine the length of the snooze (similar to Outlook). Currently, you have to "open" the entry and change the snooze - just a drop down on the alarm alert itself.

As suggested earlier, add ability to add a follow up flag to an email and synch it with Outlook.

Ability to copy an email to a task or calendar entry and synch back to Outlook.

Configurable home page (similar to the Today screen) that shows today's appointments, most recent missed calls, tasks due today, and new email.

Ability (on 8700) to set the background picture when Keyboard Lock is activated.

And - this will be odd - but how about a built in thermometer on the device itselft so I know what the temp is outside?? I know it's crazy - but it would be handy.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:21 AM   #55
jjrr

Model: 8700
Carrier: v

Quote:
Serious answers only, please. This can be for the devices, the OS, feature-add applications, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BlackBerry Internet Service, etc. I am going to write an article on your opinions and suggestions for my upcoming blog column and forward the realistic/good suggestions to RIM. Please do not include ideas for legacy devices that simply don't have the hardware expandability built-in for implementation (such as removeable storage in a 8700g, or any other BlackBerry that's not a Pearl or newer). These are to be realistic wish-lists and suggestions.

Mine personal opinions are:

• Feature-add: Full-featured Office application for editing documents on the device (a lot of work needs to be done to the current document viewer, as well)
• Feature-add: Unified IM application (although I suppose individual AIM, MSN clients should be released first)
• BES: Web-based thin-client for management with all the features of desktop-based BlackBerry Manager (planned for post-BES 5.0; previous suggestion of mine)
• OS: The ability to add a Email Filter (not a Category Filter) from within the Address Book / Contact. Seems like a logical inclusion that doesn't appear to be there (unless I'm just overlooking it).
Hi guys,
regarding the ability to add an Email Filter - we have been working on this feature for quite some time and if anybody is interested, please check out TagIt! - you can download the fully functional trial at Link2 - Practical BlackBerry Utilities.

Thank you
Old 01-20-2007, 06:21 AM   #56
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

1. View HTML emails
2. Synchronization of distribution lists on Exchange to BB
3. Streaming audio/video capability
4. SD memory expansion
Old 01-20-2007, 03:34 PM   #57
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

How about a menu item somewhere in options to "restart device."
Old 01-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #58
dDanner

Model: 8700c
Carrier: At&t

my only complaint is about the original case for the 8700c. over time it has wore some paint off the back. Nothing serious...but its the small details i look at...they seem to bother me the most.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #59
jibi
BlackBerry God

Okay, all content above (or most of it) should make it in my article. Anything after this point will be here only (although I will link this thread from the article). I will also point my RIM contacts here, just in case they are interested in newer ideas.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:03 AM   #60
Brad00111

Model: 8300C
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
Something that was stirred up recently on the forum... the ability for the BB to automatically adjust to time zones when traveling would be nice.

I totally agree, and to take it one step further, adjust your Calendar items to the time zone that your in. In case you need an example....I make a calendar appointment for 9am Arizona time, travel to New York, the BB changes its time automatically, realizes I am in East Coast time, then changes my appointment to be at 11am.

Also, I would love to be able to assign a profile to an appointment!

RIM 950 > Nextel 6510 > Nextel 7520 > Cingular 7100 > Cingular 8700 > Cingular 8800 > Cingular 8300
Closed Thread