Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
pclantechs

Model: 7100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Shared/Public calendar on Blackberry device

Please Login to Remove!

have a client who has a company LAN and a home LAN. The corp lan has an exchange server and is running Blackberry software (BES).
We have recently added a new Exchange server to the home LAN in an effort to seperate business from home.
Previously all users were connecting to the corporate email server by either blackberry or vpn to check email and calendars.
The owner now wishes to change their calendar to be hosted on the home lan.
The home lan users are extremely dependant on the calendar of the owner as they make all changes and add entries as well.
On the home lan we have configured the owners calendar to be shared and all users are able to view this calendar without any problems.
The issue now is that user sharon forgot to mention she would like to stay on the corp LAN because she is so heavily dependent on her blackberry. Sharon was primarily in charge of updating the owners calendar however, sharon and some of her co-workers will now be in charge of updating the owners calendar.
On the corp lan sharons personal calendar on her exchange account was actually the owners calendar. This is how she was able to view the calendar on her blackberry. The owner never added, viewed or modified this calendar by logging in the owner only received print out copies of the calendar entries. This is also going to change.
So, our main concern is Blackberry will only allow one blackberry account to one exchange account and does not allow viewing or syncing of shared or public calendars. Is there any software or advise you can give as to the best way for us to accomplish this?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #2
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclantechs View Post
So, our main concern is Blackberry will only allow one blackberry account to one exchange account and does not allow viewing or syncing of shared or public calendars.
BES only allows one Exchange account per BES account but if a user has access to a folder you can add it as a secondary folder via Desktop Manager. IIRC the secondary folder is one-way (i.e. view only) sync. The person must sync via USB. A final consideration is that even if you sync two calendar folders there's only one calendar on the BB and all appointments will show up together. Our executive assistants are set up this way with access to their exec's calendars.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
donovan

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

takeshi,

How did you set that up to have one calendar for two people? We use hosted Exchange Services with Blackberry Enterprise Server. We want both people to sync 2-ways on one single calendar with their Outlooks.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Although not nearly as elegant as a BES-hosted calendar, perhaps a Google calendar or Yahoo one would work as a second, personal calendar.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
Advan

Model: 7100T
Carrier: Verizon W

Ok, this is what is true

You can not have more than one exchange server in a profile
you can do this with wired sync, but that is not really a solution in my eyes

As for the two servers, no problem. you can not share calendars between exchange servers in different domains unless there is a two way trust between and you are synching the public between the two servers. sounds like this can be done in your case

The strategy here would be to change the way people are doing things, use the public as the source and have the third party product add2exchange that copies and syncs down to the private folder (and vise versa), and BES would replicate out to the devices or up to the public folder. The rub here is that since Add2Exchange does not copy a copy, if everyone wants to have it in their private, they have to make a relationship from the source - which is doable but kind of tough with 100 users.

BIG TIP Before you try add2exchange, you have to copy and move the items around to facilitate the process because A2E does not deduplicate first. In their manual they have a section I highly recommend about "what are you doing now" and how to convert to their process smoothly... frankly the manual is long winded, so I called them and they did it for me.. and it was worth the money because it saved me from the million gotchas that can happen.

for you I would call those guys at diditbetter and see if my guy, Dave can help, he gave me a ton of support before I actually bought it...

Tom
Old 05-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #6
Advan

I answered this post already, call DidItBetter.com Software 800-837-8636: Outlook Calendar, Contact, Task Sync, PDA & Smartphone Sync Software, CRM
tom
Old 05-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
Advan

Why when I put in their address it changes it to a long commercial? Who is doing that?
Closed Thread