ecusal25
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomir View Post
have you tried wiping it from command prompt, i can't post links but go to the jl_cmd link above and look for " What to do next if Jl_Cmder will not connect and wipe"
Yes, I have done that too. I just tried it twice, just in case I may have missed something, but ended up with the same multi-load error screen.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #22
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusal25 View Post
Yes, I have done that too. I just tried it twice, just in case I may have missed something, but ended up with the same multi-load error screen.
Go back to the Jl_Cmdr will not connect and wipe. You will need to repeat this numerous times. Keep in mind that it is all about catching it at the right time in boot sequence.

E_

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 12-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #23
ecusal25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraserjaxx View Post
It was starting the process with no battery in and then putting the battery in before the second step that got me through the 'waiting for device initialization' section.If I left the battery out it failed.
Hope you get it sorted fella,I know how frustrating it is.
I have tried removing the battery and putting it back at different times but at the end it won't get passed the initializations stage. It is as if the phone would just stay on a little longer for the loader to initialize, I guess that would do the trick, but no, it just goes into this rebooting cycle. Yes, this has been very frustrating. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a sledgehammer...
Old 12-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #24
ecusal25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Go back to the Jl_Cmdr will not connect and wipe. You will need to repeat this numerous times. Keep in mind that it is all about catching it at the right time in boot sequence.

E_
Catching what at the right time? If you are referring to the USB PIN UNKNOWN selection, I click NEXT as soon as it becomes available. After that the loader pretty much takes over.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #25
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Catching what at the right time? If you are referring to the USB PIN UNKNOWN selection, I click NEXT as soon as it becomes available. After that the loader pretty much takes over.
But you stated that you could not get Jl_cmdr to work. Once you have gotten Jl_Cmdr to work then you should have a white screen with and error 507 on it. This means the device is ready to load the new OS.

E-

Old 12-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #26
ecusal25

Quote:
But you stated that you could not get Jl_cmdr to work. Once you have gotten Jl_Cmdr to work then you should have a white screen with and error 507 on it. This means the device is ready to load the new OS.

E-
Sorry, what I meant is that the loader takes over through the first step (Load JVM and System Restore) but as soon as the second step (Waiting for Device Initialization) begins, the phone goes back to rebooting mode and the PC gives me the multi-load error screen.

Last edited by ecusal25; 12-29-2008 at 05:39 PM..
Old 12-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #27
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Sorry, what I meant is that the loader takes over through the first step (Load JVM and System Restore) but as soon as the second step (Waiting for Device Initialization) begins, the phone goes back to rebooting mode and the PC gives me the multi-load error screen.

It will not load the OS because of the corrupt one that exists on the device. You need to wipe it first using Jl_Cmdr (Yes, I know you have having issues gettting it to work) I will restate that you need to follow the link "What to do when Jl_Cmdr will not connect and wipe". You will notice a step in the DOS commands that references "loader.exe /nojvm"

Old 12-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #28
ecusal25

Quote:
It will not load the OS because of the corrupt one that exists on the device. You need to wipe it first using Jl_Cmdr (Yes, I know you have having issues gettting it to work) I will restate that you need to follow the link "What to do when Jl_Cmdr will not connect and wipe". You will notice a step in the DOS commands that references "loader.exe /nojvm"
Thank you for your assistance and your patience with me. This is what I'm doing when using JL_Cmdr: connect the phone to the PC via USB cable, I open the JL_Cmdr program to its main menu, click No to password, click #4 to wipe, click yes to confirm, type blackberry, and I wait. All this while the phone is rebooting constantly, so after typing blackberry I wait until the screen goes white and immediately press Enter. After a few seconds the screen in the phone goes black and the JL_Cmdr screen in PC goes back to the menu selection (options 1, 2, 3, etc.) I have tried pressing next (after typing blackberry) at different points while the phone is rebooting, with and without the battery on, but it always goes back the main menu. It's like JL_Cmdr cannot grab the BB and therefore cannot wipe it.

When I use the command prompt: after changing directories to apploader, I type loader.exe /nojvm, the wizard opens, wait for the USB UNKNOWN, immediately press Enter (phone stops rebooting, black screen), select OS to upload, completes first step, as soon as second step begins phone start the rebooting cycle, goes through reconnecting to JVM, after a few minutes the unable to reconnect during multi-stage load screen comes up.

Am I doing something wrong with either JL or command prompt? Thanks

Last edited by ecusal25; 12-29-2008 at 07:39 PM..
Old 12-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #29
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Thank you for your assistance and your patience with me. This is what I'm doing when using JL_Cmdr: connect the phone to the PC via USB cable, I open the JL_Cmdr program to its main menu, click No to password, click #4 to wipe, click yes to confirm, type blackberry, and I wait. All this while the phone is rebooting constantly, so after typing blackberry I wait until the screen goes white and immediately press Enter. After a few seconds the screen in the phone goes black and the JL_Cmdr screen in PC goes back to the menu selection (options 1, 2, 3, etc.) I have tried pressing next (after typing blackberry) at different points while the phone is rebooting, with and without the battery on, but it always goes back the main menu. It's like JL_Cmdr cannot grab the BB and therefore cannot wipe it.

When I use the command prompt: after changing directories to apploader, I type loader.exe /nojvm, the wizard opens, wait for the USB UNKNOWN, immediately press Enter (phone stops rebooting, black screen), select OS to upload, completes first step, as soon as second step begins phone start the rebooting cycle, goes through reconnecting to JVM, after a few minutes the unable to reconnect during multi-stage load screen comes up.

Am I doing something wrong with either JL or command prompt? Thanks
From the FAQ:

a1) Disconnect the device from the PC.

a2) Keep the Application Loader Wizard window open

a3) Remove the battery and put it back

a4) While the red led is on, reconnect the device to the PC. The led will only stay on for a few seconds

a5) When USB:UNKNOWN appears in the drop down list, you need to immediately select Next

Old 12-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #30
ecusal25

Nope. I tried it ten times.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #31
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

How about a fresh start, remove everything from your PC including the DM settings. Load the JL_cmder onto your PC, the load the OS of your choice and start from there.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #32
ecusal25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
How about a fresh start, remove everything from your PC including the DM settings. Load the JL_cmder onto your PC, the load the OS of your choice and start from there.
Have done that before. I removed OS 4.5, removed DM, even the entries from the registry, rebooted PC, reinstalled DM and OS 4.5, tried JL_Cdr and no luck. Should I try it again?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #33
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

I would try that and try and re-install the OS that was one the BB originally.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #34
ecusal25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
I would try that and try and re-install the OS that was one the BB originally.
Will try right away.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #35
ecusal25

I removed DM, OS 4.5, cleaned registry entries, rebooted PC, and reinstalled DM 4.6 and OS 4.2, but JL_Cmdr still won't wipe phone. I tried command prompt and got the unable to reconnect screen.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:48 AM   #36
oblik

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

i'm not trying to hijack the thread but i am also having a similar problem

i have the jvm error 545. tried everything you guys were talking about; reinstalling OS, fresh start etc.

i am wondering why the jl_cmder doesn't seem to care whether i put any passwords in or no password at all, so the 10 wrong tries=wipe won't work.
i tried to wipe it, i get a red screen then switches back to menu.
i also tried the restoretofactory and i get

Connecting to device... Error : unable to open port

Command completed!

to complete the factory reset, remove the battery to envoke a handheld wipe...

^-although it say that, it still goes to the jvm error 545, and how can i make it to open the port? (im not using hubs)
Old 12-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #37
ecusal25

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblik View Post
i'm not trying to hijack the thread but i am also having a similar problem

i have the jvm error 545. tried everything you guys were talking about; reinstalling OS, fresh start etc.

i am wondering why the jl_cmder doesn't seem to care whether i put any passwords in or no password at all, so the 10 wrong tries=wipe won't work.
i tried to wipe it, i get a red screen then switches back to menu.
i also tried the restoretofactory and i get

Connecting to device... Error : unable to open port

Command completed!

to complete the factory reset, remove the battery to envoke a handheld wipe...

^-although it say that, it still goes to the jvm error 545, and how can i make it to open the port? (im not using hubs)
Hey, thanks for your post. Please feel free to jump in at any time. You must be as frustrated as I am (saw your posts in Crackberry). Although not a big consolation, at least, I am not the only one with this problem.

Except for your error 545 message, we are in the same boat. As one of the moderators posted above, we basically have a corrupt file in the system. The trick is to have JL to grab the BB out of the rebooting cycle long enough to be able to wipe it, but how? By the way, I am getting the same replies, as you do, when trying the JL options passwords, reset to factory, etc.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:27 PM   #38
ecusal25

Anybody has any other ideas on how to fix the phone? Thanks
Old 12-31-2008, 08:11 PM   #39
oblik

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

or at least a way for the jl cmder to detect the phone... the option "when jl_cmder wont detect the device, use this guide" doesn't work for me, so my only hope is to wipe my phone using jl cmder.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #40
flem54

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Bell mobility
Default Same thing over here...

Hello,

I can start the Application Wizard. In the "Updating your device", the first step (Load JVM and system software) is working, but at the second step "Wait for device initialization", my BB still do his reset (Red light and hourglass), so the Application Wizard can not continue. What can I do ?

Thank you
Closed Thread