BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: should i repent buying a blackberry?

Please Login to Remove!

If you agree with the OP he will thank you if not he ignors the suggestions no matter how good. I suspect the OP is a vendor for some other cell phone.( IPhone)
Old 11-07-2011, 03:55 AM   #22
wellingtonboot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
I sincerely apologize that you mistakenly purchased a low-end device and expected the equivalent of Ferrari service for a Tata. That is not how this world works.
First...the above has been said to me on occasion from dc/dc, and to be quite honest I think it's a bit off. I am disabled and to me a £200 phone is not a 'low end device'. I saved for mine and generally don't have £200 to throw around so have to be careful in my spending and choice of goods. One would expect to get the same customer service whether the phone cost £200 or £500.

Secondly, it sounds to me as though the original poster is from India, where just maybe they won't have the excellent service that some other countries enjoy.

For him to come on here and say that there are others with the same problem could very well be a valid point......as he had just been into a service centre and talked to people. Again, like me i didn't have a clue there were memory problems till I looked on here. If he hadn't gone to the service centre he might well have thought his was the only issue.

And finally it is not in the realms of fantasy that it could possibly be a faulty batch....and that does happen.....of phones that have landed on the Indian shores and that the original poster is one of the unlucky recipients.

Ang x
Old 11-07-2011, 06:33 AM   #23
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Wow.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #24
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellingtonboot View Post
First...the above has been said to me on occasion from dc/dc, and to be quite honest I think it's a bit off. I am disabled and to me a £200 phone is not a 'low end device'. I saved for mine and generally don't have £200 to throw around so have to be careful in my spending and choice of goods. One would expect to get the same customer service whether the phone cost £200 or £500.

Secondly, it sounds to me as though the original poster is from India, where just maybe they won't have the excellent service that some other countries enjoy.

For him to come on here and say that there are others with the same problem could very well be a valid point......as he had just been into a service centre and talked to people. Again, like me i didn't have a clue there were memory problems till I looked on here. If he hadn't gone to the service centre he might well have thought his was the only issue.

And finally it is not in the realms of fantasy that it could possibly be a faulty batch....and that does happen.....of phones that have landed on the Indian shores and that the original poster is one of the unlucky recipients.

Ang x
I hate to break it to you, but a £200 BlackBerry is inexpensive in the mobile device realm, particularly without a contract. Whether it was inexpensive to you or the OP is not relevant. It is a low-end, end-of-life device and the carriers and RIM treat it as such.

Secondly, India does in fact have crappy service (though better than other countries I've been to), but there is a new middle class that seems to think they are now entitled to things they are not and this is where I take issue.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #25
Thiego-uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: SGS2
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

If you had the device for such a short period, you should contact the place you bought for replacement. I'm not sure but I believe the hardware warranty is quite long and if had tried to restore your device with a stable OS and still presenting same issues, just go to the shop you bought and they will sort it for you.
There is no big deal about it and you may have acquired a bad unit, BBs may have some flaws but overall is a great device.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #26
wellingtonboot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but a £200 BlackBerry is inexpensive in the mobile device realm, particularly without a contract. Whether it was inexpensive to you or the OP is not relevant. It is a low-end, end-of-life device and the carriers and RIM treat it as such.

Secondly, India does in fact have crappy service (though better than other countries I've been to), but there is a new middle class that seems to think they are now entitled to things they are not and this is where I take issue.
A 'low end, end of life device'.....pity no-one thought to put that in all the advertising jargon when they advertised it instead talking of it as a great buy...

A 'new middle class that think they are entitled to things they are not'.....and that is something maybe quite a few would take issue with. Not there being a new middle class but your attitude of it, and saying such a thing on a public forum.

Working class, middle class, wealthy, folks from ramshackle downbeat farms in the dead of beyond in India or someone living in a mansion...all are entitled to a good customer service. That goes neither on wealth nor standing.

Angela.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #27
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Between class fairness and memory leaks, you have a lot to worry about.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #28
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
A 'low end, end of life device'.....pity no-one thought to put that in all the advertising jargon when they advertised it instead talking of it as a great buy...

A 'new middle class that think they are entitled to things they are not'.....and that is something maybe quite a few would take issue with. Not there being a new middle class but your attitude of it, and saying such a thing on a public forum.

Working class, middle class, wealthy, folks from ramshackle downbeat farms in the dead of beyond in India or someone living in a mansion...all are entitled to a good customer service. That goes neither on wealth nor standing.

Angela.
One must be realistic and have realistic expectations. Good customer service is relative. A good customer service representative at Top Shop will have an epic task on their hands to be the same level as a good customer service representative at Asprey. It's just a fact of life.

I'm sorry that you don't understand that.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #29
wellingtonboot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Between class fairness and memory leaks, you have a lot to worry about.
Class was brought up by the remarks that dc/dc made.

Its a shame the lad lives in a country that he obviously doesn't get the same customer service that we enjoy in this counrty.

And it's also a shame that what should be a very helpful forum is besieged by so many sarcastic or derogatory remarks when people ask for help.

Memory leaks are a valid point, as other BB users would no doubt confirm. And it's a shame that my comic posts re the memory leak have only been read by the ones on here that do not have a sense of humour that they are aware of...

Angela.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #30
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Class was brought up by the remarks that dc/dc made.

Its a shame the lad lives in a country that he obviously doesn't get the same customer service that we enjoy in this counrty.

And it's also a shame that what should be a very helpful forum is besieged by so many sarcastic or derogatory remarks when people ask for help.

Memory leaks are a valid point, as other BB users would no doubt confirm. And it's a shame that my comic posts re the memory leak have only been read by the ones on here that do not have a sense of humour that they are aware of...

Angela.
Why be sad about it? It's LIFE. Life is not fair.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:24 AM   #31
bethereornot

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

I can't understand why you can't tell why he is upset. It is obvious that he is upset over the turn around time on his device. My advice to him is, the next time you go to spend your hard earned money on anything, make sure you have a warranty or extended warranty that tells you the turn around time for there service. I am not sure how things work in India but in the US we can buy such a warranty on almost everything. For example, I might have a TV that won't buy the extended warranty plan for because I have a backup, but for my cell phone I will buy such a plan because I have no backup.
So the real problem isn't that your BB went out, it is that you didn't make sure you had a backup plan for if it went out. This happens to everyone at one time or another. Even other makers and providers. So my friend, save some more money next time and buy yourself a backup plan. This advice is FREE, so take it or leave it.

Have A Nice Day
Old 11-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #32
alefiya

Model: 8520
Carrier: airtel

Quote:

Ang x
thank you so much for at least understanding my problem. i thought i could share here but i was met with such hostile people that i was beginning to wonder.
and someone here said that i thank only some people.these are the ones who try and understand my dilemma instead of criticizing me and im definitely going to thank them. and that doesnt make me the vendor of i phone .i had saved for this phone and feel very bad .it may be a small thing in the mobile world but for me it was a substantial thing and if any company big or small fails to acknowledge the fact that each customer is important, it is heading for trouble.maybe i should try and go to the shop from where i bought it . maybe they shall be able to help.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #33
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Repent, sinner!! Stand forward and be judged, lest your soul be condemned for all eternity!! Repent!! The end is nigh!!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #34
Thiego-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alefiya View Post
thank you so much for at least understanding my problem. i thought i could share here but i was met with such hostile people that i was beginning to wonder.
and someone here said that i thank only some people.these are the ones who try and understand my dilemma instead of criticizing me and im definitely going to thank them. and that doesnt make me the vendor of i phone .i had saved for this phone and feel very bad .it may be a small thing in the mobile world but for me it was a substantial thing and if any company big or small fails to acknowledge the fact that each customer is important, it is heading for trouble.maybe i should try and go to the shop from where i bought it . maybe they shall be able to help.
Why havent you contacted your vendor yet? your device should have been replaced already. The vendor is liable for the product.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #35
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Quote:
maybe i should try and go to the shop from where i bought it
Wait a minute - you haven't gone to the place you bought it from?
That's the FIRST place to go to.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:04 AM   #36
Brijesh

Model: 9000
Carrier: vodafone

this is not happening - alefiya fight it out - take legal help and proceed further.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 AM   #37
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brijesh View Post
this is not happening - alefiya fight it out - take legal help and proceed further.
It IS happening, and until he goes to his vendor, he has no legal recourse.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #38
Thiego-uk

Quote:
It IS happening, and until he goes to his vendor, he has no legal recourse.
And time is running out.
Closed Thread