Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
ckurt25

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default Subscribing to a calendar

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone! I just was issued a 9550 for work. It's only going to be a work device and my primary phone is an iPhone. On my work laptop I'm using Outlook. I've got my home calendar published thru MobileMe and I've subscribed to it in Outlook and can see both work and home at the same time in Outlook. I've also published my Outlook calendar and can see it on my iPhone, iPad and Macbook. Right now, on my BB, I only see my work calendar. I can click on the link to subscribe to my MobileMe calendar but get "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL."

I've done a bit of searching but haven't found a solution that works for viewing both calendars at the same time on the BB. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris
Old 07-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

You can sync your outlook calendar with the BB, but it doesnt support subscribing to a calendar.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
ckurt25

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

Outlook shows both calendars. There isn't a way to show both on the BB?

In Outlook, the home calendar is "overlayed" on the work one so I see both caledars for any give day, week or month. In iCal on the Mac, and the calendars on the iPhone and iPad, all the events are listed together and have a color indicator that marks what calendar they came from. I would have to think BB could handle this if the iPhone can.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
scassel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW US

I do not think it can be done with a "published" calendar. I had a similar situation and settled for the following. I have my work calendar which is Outlook synced through a BES connection. I have a BIS G-Mail account on the handheld as well. I use the Google Calendar app and Google Sync to wirelessly sync the calendar to the handheld.

This works well. I see only work events on my work PC. I see only personal events on Google Calendar. I see both on the handheld and they are differentiated by color.

There may be other options but none that I am aware of. It is important to note that in order for the process above to work and prior to loading and running Google Sync, you need to have a G-Mail account on the handheld and change the following setting on the handheld...

OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/DEFAULT SERVICES

Change the Calendar (CICAL) to the "me@gmail.com" and save. This allows things to work as I have explained.

Good luck

Last edited by scassel; 07-02-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Closed Thread