Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
HUGVT

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default can't access Microsoft Web Access for Outlook

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know how to correct this? I have the BB Curve 8330 through Verizon. Verizon is clueless as to help me. Been into the store twice and with tech support on the phone. My work won't allow me to synch up with my work email so i have to access it via the web to read emails and the like. Verizon gave me a new phone as a way to solve the issue nd it still won't work. but, a friend of mine has AT&T and she has the Curve and she can access our work email just fine via the web on the phone, but I think she has the 8300. Her settings are the same as mine for the brower.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
PhillyGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

I'm assuming you can log into your outlook from any web portal. Go to VZW's BIS login site and you should be able to set it up from there. You might be able to to it from the BB.

You don't have to log into your OWA account to get your email.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:09 AM   #3
HUGVT

I can use any portal to access Outlook to read work email or check my contacts. The problem with the Curve is I can log in and view the webpage but I can't "click" on anything. It loads up and you can do nothing with it. The gentleman at Verizon tried to log into his Outlook email and he had the same problem. I just don't know if this is an issue with the Curve 8330. When I tried a demo BB World edition phone in the store, no problem it worked just fine. And my friend at work, she has the 8300 Curve and she can access email through the Web just fine on her phone. Due to security reasons I can't have my phone sych at work nor can I have it sent to my phone, I have to go through the web.

Oh and VZW's webpage was not helpful. I'm just stumped.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
OrangeNBlueBerry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Have you tried using OWA via other browsers on your BB - Opera Mini...
Old 11-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
HUGVT

this might sound silly but how do I use other browsers on my BB device? I've looked at the options for the browser and I've used Blackberry, MS Pocket IE, MS IE, Netscape: the ones that come loaded on the device. no luck.

I'm begining to think this is a BB curve 8330 issue. My husband just got the Storm and he can log on OWA with no problem and click on stuff, where I can log in but I can't do squat. Again a co-worker who has the same phone can't access it either BUT another co-worker with the previous BB Curve can.

I'm not giving up! There must be a solution....I just have not come across it yet.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
ScooterG

Model: E71x
PIN: Up Models Rule.
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNBlueBerry View Post
Have you tried using OWA via other browsers on your BB - Opera Mini...
Opera Mini works for me. I tried the BB browser and all of it's emulation modes and none worked.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #7
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGVT View Post
this might sound silly but how do I use other browsers on my BB device? I've looked at the options for the browser and I've used Blackberry, MS Pocket IE, MS IE, Netscape: the ones that come loaded on the device. no luck.

I'm begining to think this is a BB curve 8330 issue. My husband just got the Storm and he can log on OWA with no problem and click on stuff, where I can log in but I can't do squat. Again a co-worker who has the same phone can't access it either BUT another co-worker with the previous BB Curve can.

I'm not giving up! There must be a solution....I just have not come across it yet.
Did you try setting up on VZW BIS site? That works like a charm for me.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
garthfan0523

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I use an 8320 with the new OS upgrade and I have the exact same problem. Work only supports the Treos and only for senior management. Those of us in middle management only get the webmail access. But, when I log onto my work e-mail via the webmail portal, I can read all of the titles of my messages, but I cannot click on anything - just like the OP stated.

If anyone figures out a solution to this problem, that would be killer.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930

Are you not able to add the email address from the carrier's BIS website using the OWA URL? That's what I did for my work email.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #10
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

I can confirm that you can access owa from Opera Mini, but it doesn't look very good. In fact, I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm seeing.

ETA: I am unable to get my work OWA set up using the BB e-mail settings. Sounds like there might be another way? I know I was able to access it before on a Palm, but I had to set the port.

Last edited by French; 11-22-2008 at 07:43 PM..
Old 11-22-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I can confirm that you can access owa from Opera Mini, but it doesn't look very good. In fact, I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm seeing.

ETA: I am unable to get my work OWA set up using the BB e-mail settings. Sounds like there might be another way? I know I was able to access it before on a Palm, but I had to set the port.
Did you try it from the device or from the BIS website? I think you have to do on the web from your PC.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #12
Corkster52

Hello people. I just purchased my Curve yesterday and am new to the group.

Here is what I received from my employer's IT manager yesterday when I asked for BES access for my personal BB:

"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but server ops will not allow non-company issued BBs access to the BES. They do check when a request is made.

The is an alternative. If you had a phone with windows mobile as the OS you can use MS outlook. It works just as good as the BES"

I can get to the snapshot of my emails, but cannot open them.

Last edited by Corkster52; 11-23-2008 at 06:25 AM..
Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #13
HUGVT

Lightbulb

hey! finally got somewhere with Verizon!!! When the browser is open, go to Options, General properties and turn off "Enable cursor in column view". Then, once OWA is open change the view on the screen either to page view or column view and then things can be highlighted and selected. Mind you, the cursor disappears and I have to hit refresh from time to time. I can at least access it now, view and hightlight and read stuff. I just can't update or send.

The gentleman at the store also gave me info to update my software, currently I have
v4.3 and I need v4.5. He said this might help and fix some of the issues. If you don't have the instructions to do it here they are below word for word from the flyer he gave me:

Introducing Blackberry 4.5 Software

Whether for business use, personal use or a bit of both, BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5 is designed to open up a whole new world of fun and functionality for your BlackBerry Pearl smartphone and BlackBerry Curve smartphone customers!

HTML Email Support
Download, save and edit Microsoft Word and Power Point files on your device
Enhanced support for content saved to your BlackBerry Pearl smartphone.

How can my customers get BlackBerry Device Software v4.5?
Blackberry device Software v4.5 is available for any BlackBerry Pearl smartphone and BlackBerry Curve smartphone customer.
If your customer already has a BlackBerry Pearl smartphone or BlackBerry Curve smartphone, they can upgrade their device software by following these steps:

Step 1
Ensure BlackBerry Desktop Software is loaded on a PC or laptop.
If BlackBerry Desktop Software is not loaded, download using the link vzam.net/blackberry (Desktop Software Tab).
Follow the on-screen instructions to load the software (currently only compatible with a PC)
This should take about 25-30 minutes.

Step 2
Visit vzam.net/blackberry to download BlackBerry Device Software v4.5 (Overview tab)
Follow the on-screen instructions.
Ensure that they are registering under the correct field of"personal email" or "corporate email".
This should take about 25-30 minutes, depending on the amount of content they have stored on their device.
Please ensure that your customer does not unplug their BlackBerry smartphone from their PC until the program prompts them to do so.

Please visit verizonwireless.com/support for any questions relating to updating device software.

Thanks everyone for all your help! should I find out more stuff I'll pass it along. When I get home I will upgrade my phone and see if that helps things along.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:35 AM   #14
PhillyGuy

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

Have you tried this?

How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 11-27-2008, 08:17 AM   #15
Corkster52

Smile Better

HUGVT, doing the changes you mentioned, I can at least see a better list and open an email to read it. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #16
billdan01

Smile Got it! Figured Out How to Read and Reply to Work Emails with Outlook Webmail

(I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 from Verizon)

I was having the same problem of being able to view but not open or reply to work emails in Outlook Webmail.

Once in your Blackberry browser Go to Options->Browser Configuration-> and keep the Emulation Mode as Blackberry

Then Go back to Options then go to General Properties and UNCLICK the "enable cursor in column view" radio button.

And I probably already had this but I'm assuming you need to have Column View as your viewing preference when logged into Outlook Webmail.

This allows me to open AND REPLY to my work email. It doesn't even have the "sent from Blackberry Device" footer on the emails.

Try it and let me know if it works for you. Hope this helps!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #17
LiMurr

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

billdan01, you are a true genius, a man amongst men! I applaud you! I've been trying to find a solution to this for days!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #18
169stang

Carrier: verizon

My company has our own server. I went thru BIS site, created account and managed to get my email setup w/o issue. You'll need some info from the IT person, but once you get it...it works like a charm!
The Verizon store was clueless.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #19
Ace_437

We have a BES at work, and IT will setup our phones to work with it. However, we have a workaround. All we have to do is add an email account to the BB, use my work email address, and type in the my network password for my office PC. Now I can send and receive emails perfectly.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #20
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Why do you need a workaround if you have a BES? Are you sure you're not referring to Enterprise Activation when you mention entering your email address and password (should be an EA password, not your network password)?
Closed Thread