Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
SteveMondragon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9xxx
Carrier: S/ATT
Default Backlight Brightness - too bright at night

Please Login to Remove!

I searched and didn't find anything in regards to this under the Tour & Storm forums (same OS, same options, etc).

Is there a way to turn down the brightness or for the auto dim backlight option to make the phone darker? I was just on the plane earlier tonight, we landed and it was dark inside. But the phone was so damn bright that it was hurting my eyes and shining like a flashlight. I even turned down the background brightness to the lowest 10 setting and it was still too bright. The guy next to me had a Bold and his dimmed like my old 8830 did, a lot darker than the Tour on the lowest brightness setting but still very readible. It was really bad when I was reading my messages and the background was white. The black background wasn't that bad, but you only see that in the main top menu and when making calls. Every other menu or app is bright white and is way to bright when it's dark.

Any suggestions on this? Or is this a bug that needs to be fixed?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

None that I know of.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
fuforums

Model: BOLD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMondragon View Post
I searched and didn't find anything in regards to this under the Tour & Storm forums (same OS, same options, etc).

Is there a way to turn down the brightness or for the auto dim backlight option to make the phone darker? I was just on the plane earlier tonight, we landed and it was dark inside. But the phone was so damn bright that it was hurting my eyes and shining like a flashlight. I even turned down the background brightness to the lowest 10 setting and it was still too bright. The guy next to me had a Bold and his dimmed like my old 8830 did, a lot darker than the Tour on the lowest brightness setting but still very readible. It was really bad when I was reading my messages and the background was white. The black background wasn't that bad, but you only see that in the main top menu and when making calls. Every other menu or app is bright white and is way to bright when it's dark.

Any suggestions on this? Or is this a bug that needs to be fixed?
The old 8830 did this perfectly. You could set the setting low like 40 and then use the sweet button on the top to make it 100 percent if you were in super bright areas or wanted it that way. After they removed that it sucked and still does. The only thing you can do is turn it way down and then if it's not bright enough you point it to a light and it will auto brighten but that won't work as soon as you put your phone back to a dark area. Why would they remove that? Do they really test these things? I don't think so. Now there's a lock icon at the top like I needed that. If I wanted my phone to lock I would just put it back in the holster. Duh.
Closed Thread