Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 04:57 AM   #21
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Curve 4.6.0.62)

I think Jason is relying to heavly on BS.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #22
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
considering thats not an official RIM web page i wouldnt believe a word of it. I am with arjon on this one I havent heard a thing about it running on anything but cdma. You are mistaken about them running on rogers as well thats the bold.
No problem. You believe what ever you want. I'll be sure to check in when this device is released. Because I guarantee you there are 9500's running on Rogers as we speak. ;)
Old 08-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #23
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
No problem. You believe what ever you want. I'll be sure to check in when this device is released. Because I guarantee you there are 9500's running on Rogers as we speak. ;)
if you guarantee it show me the proof. If you can guarantee as you say it shouldnt be too hard.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #24
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
I refer you again to this article, although that isn't the only confirmation I have on the subject. ;)

Touchscreen BlackBerry Thunder details and specs

There are currently 9500's being used on Rogers, and we all know anything that will run on Rogers will run on AT&T.
Do you realize this article is over 3 months old? Do you possibly think this article could be based on rumor and speculation more so than facts?

I would also like to see some hard evidence about the 9500 being on Rogers as this is the first I've heard this as well.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #25
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Sorry guys, I have nothing to prove to you or any one else. So call what I'm saying BS or whatever you please. You will see when it's launched. ;)
Old 08-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #26
jsconyers

You're right, you have nothing to prove to anyone. I am not saying that you are full of BS. I just wanted more evidence backing up your claims. I did a quick google search for the Thunder on GSM and there are mixed reports.

Some sites say it will work on AT&T, others say it will work on GSM carriers outside of the US (which I am bound to believe as it is how the 8830 works).

BlackBerry Thunder: after the storm : Boy Genius Report shows:
Quote:
It looks like the chip they are using supports almost everything. CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, and HSPA
BlackBerry Thunder shows:
Quote:
Should the claim is accurate; the BlackBerry Thunder would include both GSM and CDMA with support for worldwide roaming.
Sadly BlackBerry Thunder Will Not Work On ATxxx038;T xxx038; T-Mobile | BerryReview.com » shows:
Quote:
BoyGenius noted yesterday with some detail that the BlackBerry Thunder will not have the GSM radios necessary to work on any North American carrier. The GSM functionality will be for roaming only on the 900/1800mhz bands which don’t exist in the US.
I guess we will have to wait and see when the device is officially released.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #27
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
You're right, you have nothing to prove to anyone. I am not saying that you are full of BS. I just wanted more evidence backing up your claims. I did a quick google search for the Thunder on GSM and there are mixed reports.

Some sites say it will work on AT&T, others say it will work on GSM carriers outside of the US (which I am bound to believe as it is how the 8830 works).

BlackBerry Thunder: after the storm : Boy Genius Report shows:

BlackBerry Thunder shows:

Sadly BlackBerry Thunder Will Not Work On AT&T & T-Mobile | BerryReview.com » shows:

I guess we will have to wait and see when the device is officially released.

Thats cool bro, I understand there is reason to be skeptical. Thanks for just not out and out calling me a liar or telling me I'm full of BS, I appreciate it.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:17 PM   #28
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Thats cool bro, I understand there is reason to be skeptical. Thanks for just not out and out calling me a liar or telling me I'm full of BS, I appreciate it.
In the future I wouldnt guarantee something you cant actually prove though..
Old 08-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #29
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
In the future I wouldnt guarantee something you cant actually prove though..
I'm not going to argue back and forth. I said I guarantee. I did not however say I would prove it. You don't want to believe it, fine I know the truth.

Edit: If you read the berryreview article, they are totally wrong. Nowhere in BG's post did he say anything about it wouldn't work. He said with the chip they are putting in it it will work with about everything. And this is true because there are 9500's running on Rogers. ;)

Last edited by Jason Mark; 08-25-2008 at 04:58 PM..
Old 08-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #30
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Im not arguing either I am just saying dont quote something as the gospel if you cant back it up.
All the sites quoted are blog sites or tech sites none are official RIM or even a carrier sites.

If I tell you I guarantee you something I will back it up every time. And I am saying its BS till you either prove it or an official source comes out with it. So maybe you should post the rest of your rumor in the rumor mill threads.

There are 9000s running on Rogers that I will guarantee you.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:24 PM   #31
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Im not arguing either I am just saying dont quote something as the gospel if you cant back it up.
All the sites quoted are blog sites or tech sites none are official RIM or even a carrier sites.

If I tell you I guarantee you something I will back it up every time. And I am saying its BS till you either prove it or an official source comes out with it. So maybe you should post the rest of your rumor in the rumor mill threads.

There are 9000s running on Rogers that I will guarantee you.
Ok, well show me ANYTHING official from RIM that says this device is even going to be an "EXCLUSIVE" for Verizon, or any other carrier for that matter. Please. I will take ANYTHING from RIM.......still waiting... You're sitting here quoting "gospel" and nothing has been officially announced. I'm in no way saying it's not, but since you want guaranteed facts, please show me....
It is TOTALLY funny that you will rely on BG for the confirmation that it's going to VZW, although not officially announced. But he says it can be used on EDGE, HSDPA, UMTS, but you just won't or can't believe that though. That's quite a contradiction you have there. As I said, I guarantee you this device is running on GSM, and my proof will be when it launches. End of story.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:33 PM   #32
jsconyers

To get back on topic a bit. The Thunder is scheduled to be an exclusive deal with Verizon/Vodafone. CDMA rarely gets a device before GSM. I am glad they finally are, I see a lot of GSM users are upset by this, but in my opinion, it's been a long time coming. I am a bit biased, being a CDMA user. We have to wait literally a year for a device after it drops on the GSM network. Come on guys, don't hate. Give us a break here...
Old 08-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #33
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Ok, well show me ANYTHING official from RIM that says this device is even going to be an "EXCLUSIVE" for Verizon, or any other carrier for that matter. Please. I will take ANYTHING from RIM.......still waiting... You're sitting here quoting "gospel" and nothing has been officially announced. I'm in no way saying it's not, but since you want guaranteed facts, please show me....
It is TOTALLY funny that you will rely on BG for the confirmation that it's going to VZW, although not officially announced. But he says it can be used on EDGE, HSDPA, UMTS, but you just won't or can't believe that though. That's quite a contradiction you have there. As I said, I guarantee you this device is running on GSM, and my proof will be when it launches. End of story.
I never quoted BGR as a source for anything as a matter of fact I didnt quote any source at all. So how in the world am I contridicting myself?

But its funny there is over 300 sources quoting the thunder to verizon. I dont have time to go through everyone but they all atleast saying the same thing the Thunder on a life time exclusive to Verizon.

You cant find one thing that says the thunder is running on Rogers or will ever be running on any other carrier..

So the burden of proof is on you. Since you are the one with the rumors. I will search tomorrow when I get off work in the morning.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #34
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I never quoted BGR as a source for anything as a matter of fact I didnt quote any source at all. So how in the world am I contridicting myself?

But its funny there is over 300 sources quoting the thunder to verizon. I dont have time to go through everyone but they all atleast saying the same thing the Thunder on a life time exclusive to Verizon.

You cant find one thing that says the thunder is running on Rogers or will ever be running on any other carrier..

So the burden of proof is on you. Since you are the one with the rumors. I will search tomorrow when I get off work in the morning.

I was just making a point. I understand why you're skeptical. Here is a report from BG.---> BlackBerry Thunder: after the storm : Boy Genius Report

I don't need confirmation from BG as I have my own. But maybe that may sway you a tad. Regardless, let's just drop it bro, and say we'll see at launch. Cool? Later bro. ;)
Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #35
nyjets80

Carrier: VZ

Do Blackberrys work with Mac OSx? I have Leopard and I was curious to know if Media Sync and other such programs are able to be synchronized on a Mac? Thanks....
Old 08-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #36
Ennjay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
To get back on topic a bit. The Thunder is scheduled to be an exclusive deal with Verizon/Vodafone. CDMA rarely gets a device before GSM. I am glad they finally are, I see a lot of GSM users are upset by this, but in my opinion, it's been a long time coming. I am a bit biased, being a CDMA user. We have to wait literally a year for a device after it drops on the GSM network. Come on guys, don't hate. Give us a break here...

Hear, Hear!

On a side note, for all those arguing about official proof. You all are arguing about "proof" on details of a phone that doesn't technically exist yet.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:37 PM   #37
matrix2004
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 304AB5FC
Carrier: Verizon '4G COMING LATE 2009'

I'm visiting from HOFO, Crackberry, Phone Arena and a few others. Just wanted to let you guys know that like a couple people mentioned, there are Thunders branded Telus, Rogers,Vodafone and Verizon. We were told way back that it would be exclusive to Verizon and Vodaphone so either that info was wrong or RIM is testing the other carriers in case Verizon/Vodafone don't meet the quota. This we don't know for sure. Insiders that are actually working on testing the Thunder have hinted that it will be available for more carriers than just Verizon/Vodafone.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #38
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix2004 View Post
I'm visiting from HOFO, Crackberry, Phone Arena and a few others. Just wanted to let you guys know that like a couple people mentioned, there are Thunders branded Telus, Rogers,Vodafone and Verizon. We were told way back that it would be exclusive to Verizon and Vodaphone so either that info was wrong or RIM is testing the other carriers in case Verizon/Vodafone don't meet the quota. This we don't know for sure. Insiders that are actually working on testing the Thunder have hinted that it will be available for more carriers than just Verizon/Vodafone.
If you say so
Old 08-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #39
BigA
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick

Let's also not forget that Boy Genius has more credibility than most people here. So if I am going to take anyone's word for it. It's going to be someone with a proven track record. I am also not saying that BG is perfect but he has the best chance at getting the scoop with out official proof from RIM or any carrier.

So if someone comes strolling into these forms with less than 10 posts and is not a representative from RIM or a carrier then you are going to have a tough time making bold statements. This is basic common sense why is that so hard to figure out.

You know lets not forget why some people like to seek fame in the first place.
Exhibit A.
Georgia Bigfoot Body Hoax
Bigfoot Hoax: "Body" Is Rubber Suit
ABC News: Legend of Bigfoot: Discovery? Try Hoax.

For your benefit lets just hope your claims are not "Rubber Suits"...
Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #40
Ennjay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830

I don't remember what the technology was called, but I know that there is a chip out there that will allow a company to flash it with whatever carrier info they want and allow that phone to work on any service. Maybe RIM put this chip into the Thunder, so that they could easily make that phone work with any carrier they choose.
Closed Thread